*****The Official Motherwell V Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He’s club captain, has a great scoring and assist record, if an EPL club decided they really wanted him we could demand that sort of money (8m+ at least)

I'm 1 of the ones that doesn't think he should be dropped for Patterson btw, think he's done well for us especially for what we paid for him & I like him as a guy

However if we ever had any ambition of selling Tav it was in the summer and even then you would've struggled to get anywhere near 8 million sadly

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Any window of opportunity we had to get big money for Tavernier is closed now I think.

Just said it above, in the summer with him being the captain of the Champions was the best chance but even then we wouldn't have got what anybody wanted for him

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

I'm 1 of the ones that doesn't think he should be dropped for Patterson btw, think he's done well for us especially for what we paid for him & I like him as a guy

However if we ever had any ambition of selling Tav it was in the summer and even then you would've struggled to get anywhere near 8 million sadly

I’m not saying Patterson should start ahead of Tav, it’s a hard position to be in. I just don’t want us to lose our best youth prospect of the last 10 years because we didn’t show enough trust in him to be our main right back.

The valuation of our players is ridiculous compared to the fees for some of the shite switching clubs down south.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

I’m not saying Patterson should start ahead of Tav, it’s a hard position to be in. I just don’t want us to lose our best youth prospect of the last 10 years because we didn’t show enough trust in him to be our main right back.

The valuation of our players is ridiculous compared to the fees for some of the shite switching clubs down south.

Honestly I see the arguement and I'd love for Patterson to come in and show he deserves to start and give Gerrard no choice, unfortunately that's not been the case though, he's done more as a sub than he has from starting

The valuation stuff is fucking bonkers but something that won't change anytime soon!