Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

14 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

I am glad the rat bastard is away , never wanted him near the club in the first place.

What pisses me is the way he was allowed to do it , we should have sacked the prick.

Guy has just shafted the club mid season and we have tossers like you on here defending every fuck up he made.....

We should have sacked even though we had a club willing to pay 4 million in compensation to take him and his coaching staff off our hands? Thank fuck it’s not you running the club :lol:

57 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Mental to try and compare Gerrard and Advocaat. If you bring inflation into it Gerrard would have needed to have spent something mad like 80 million in his first season for it to be a fair and accurate comparison.

What, gerrard needed 80mill to beat the sheep in both cups? Fucking hell how good were they? 

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What, gerrard needed 80mill to beat the sheep in both cups? Fucking hell how good were they? 

I wasn’t talking about that. I was talking about if you want to compare the rebuilds and the quality and calibre of of players that both managers signed in the first summer of their collective rebuilds.

We were in nowhere near as bad a place when Advocaat came in but you’ll never admit that because for whatever reason you always had this more negative leaning in your opinions towards Gerrard.

16 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You say advocaat won they trophies by vastly out spending everyone else, well sheep twice, hearts, st johnstone and st mirren all had gerrards number domestically in cups, did gerrard not vastly out spend them as well? 

He did but Advocaat, like the guy said, was already an established manager while Gerrard came from the under 18's. That does make an obvious difference  

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

We should have sacked even though we had a club willing to pay 4 million in compensation to take him and his coaching staff off our hands? Thank fuck it’s not you running the club :lol:

😂😂😂 there’s been A LOT of wild wild shouts in here over this week but that’s got to take it from Sasa fuck me 

54 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I wasn’t talking about that. I was talking about if you want to compare the rebuilds and the quality and calibre of of players that both managers signed in the first summer of their collective rebuilds.

We were in nowhere near as bad a place when Advocaat came in but you’ll never admit that because for whatever reason you always had this more negative leaning in your opinions towards Gerrard.

Advocaat pretty much lost the 10iar squad, Bar amo, porrini, barry Ferguson and albertz, there wasnt really a first team squad member that was worth keeping really, gattuso was but advocaat thought otherwise but i suppose you could count him

Gerrard also had to rebuild, but he still had players worthy of winning domestic honours or at least coming up against the tarriers and losing, a lot of these players were also instrumental in gerrards rebuild 

Yeah he had to rebuild, yeah he didnt get as much as advocaat, however it was still a good enough team to not be continually snuffed out by the likes lf aberdeen, killie, and in later years, hearts, st mirren, st johnstone

Fact is gerrard underperformed domestically even though he did stop the ten, and as for malmo this season...... 

41 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He did but Advocaat, like the guy said, was already an established manager while Gerrard came from the under 18's. That does make an obvious difference  

Thats fair enough of an argument, his inexperience probably cost him originally, id agree with that because he struggled to out think the likes of Clarke and mccinnes

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its a simple question, why did you make it out like gerrard only had 3 players when he came here while advocaat had more, 

I mean you gave advocaat gattuso who was sold in the october, so by that will we add windass to gerrards list, he played 5 games before being sold, surely that counts

I find it strange why you discount guys like candeias, who played 52 times that season, middleton, halliday, mccrorie, all playing just under 30 games or more than 30 games, given our fantastic euro run that season, surely they were good enough bacl then no? 

To answer the last part no they weren't good enough hence the reason we won fuck all and the lot of them bar middleton have new clubs....I'm not sure what you can't grasp about this Jim?

My argument all along was the difference in the quality between Advocaat & Gerrards squads when you start comparing domestic success 

Ps I genuinely forgot about Candieas at the time but he was never good enough to win us a league

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Thank christ it's not just me that thinks this.....I have officially given up trying to explain the difference :lol:

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Advocaat pretty much lost the 10iar squad, Bar amo, porrini, barry Ferguson and albertz, there wasnt really a first team squad member that was worth keeping really, gattuso was but advocaat thought otherwise but i suppose you could count him

Gerrard also had to rebuild, but he still had players worthy of winning domestic honours or at least coming up against the tarriers and losing, a lot of these players were also instrumental in gerrards rebuild 

Yeah he had to rebuild, yeah he didnt get as much as advocaat, however it was still a good enough team to not be continually snuffed out by the likes lf aberdeen, killie, and in later years, hearts, st mirren, st johnstone

Fact is gerrard underperformed domestically even though he did stop the ten, and as for malmo this season...... 

Didn’t do as well as he could have, last season especially when he had as close to an open goal of a treble as you can ever have, but with the way you always go on about his spending and resources you would think he’s the only Rangers manager to ever get knocked out of cups or lose games to clubs with worse manages and a lower quality of player and that’s simply not the case.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Didn’t do as well as he could have, last season especially when he had as close to an open goal of a treble as you can ever have, but with the way you always go on about his spending and resources you would think he’s the only Rangers manager to ever get knocked out of cups or lose games to clubs with worse manages and a lower quality of player and that’s simply not the case.

No he isnt, thats not even arguable, every rangers manager had a howler or 4 in the cups, but other managers also managed to win domestic honours while putting up a good show in europe, bar the title last season gerrard in the end failed on that by end of last season he had spent 37.5mill on players, 26mill pre covid, to not even make more than one domestic final is a massive blotch on his record here

55 minutes ago, murzo said:

He’s definitely got an investment in them imo. Far to coincidental. All about what’s best for Gerrard and how to make money.

Went from hero to zero in world record time has the bold Stevie .

Wont be long before Naismith is more popular than him .