Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Think I know the answer looking at the recent comments...however would anyone take him back in the future?

I wouldn't because he seems to have lost the spark that made him an instant improvement for us and can't see an improvement tactically to balance that out. 

6 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Think I know the answer looking at the recent comments...however would anyone take him back in the future?

I wouldn't because he seems to have lost the spark that made him an instant improvement for us and can't see an improvement tactically to balance that out. 

Absolutely fucking not

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Tbh I was with the board on that one and very rarely do I back them. SG got literally everything he wanted for 3 full seasons. Just about every player he wanted he got, including some absolute howlers and by the end of his tenure our best players was still Morelos and Tavernier. 

To kick up that much of a stink over not getting a bang average Kevin Nisbet is embarrassing in all honesty. 

You could be right - I was thinking more in the Veerman type of transfer 

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

So has most of their forums , its only a matter of time.

It was always the risk he was taking going down there to a club like that

57 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Arsenal and City in their next 3 games, if he's in the relegation zone coming out of those games he will be under huge pressure

One of the most baffling decisions I’ve witnessed was him going there.

absolute basket case of a club in a league that gives anything but time.

if it was an arsenal or spurs or the like I’d get it but even at Villa he’s never had that connection he seemed to have here 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

if it was an arsenal or spurs or the like I’d get it but even at Villa he’s never had that connection he seemed to have here 

Taken a gamble that if he did well there he would be almost nailed on for Liverpool job after Klopp. Backfired big time unsurprisingly...

19 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Taken a gamble that if he did well there he would be almost nailed on for Liverpool job after Klopp. Backfired big time unsurprisingly...

Aye seems to be a gamble only he believed was achievable 

Wonder if the final day of the season got to him, would have got rid of alot of his demons that he still suffers from 2014.

Only needed a draw 2 nil up with 20 mins left and couldn't do it. I'm surprised it doesn't get spoke of more I personally would find that just as hard to take as the slip.

6 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Wonder if the final day of the season got to him, would have got rid of alot of his demons that he still suffers from 2014.

Only needed a draw 2 nil up with 20 mins left and couldn't do it. I'm surprised it doesn't get spoke of more I personally would find that just as hard to take as the slip.

No you wouldnt 😂

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Think Villa was as good a move as he could have hoped to get in England moving directly from us tbh. 

Relatively big, historic club, inherited a   decent squad, owners who were willing to back him and a CEO who he already had a relationship with.

I think his lack of willingness to adapt has completely fucked him, and that’s coming from somebody who believed he was one of the best young managers in Europe a year or so ago.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Think Villa was as good a move as he could have hoped to get in England moving directly from us tbh. 

Relatively big, historic club, inherited a   decent squad, owners who were willing to back him and a CEO who he already had a relationship with.

I think his lack of willingness to adapt has completely fucked him, and that’s coming from somebody who believed he was one of the best young managers in Europe a year or so ago.

Is it a willingness though or is he incapable , looking a 1 trick pony 

22 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Is it a willingness though or is he incapable , looking a 1 trick pony 

Fair comment that. Don’t think he’s the only one trick pony manager though. There’s a lot who stick rigidly to one system and/or philosophy these days. 

33 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Agree with all that. Some managers suit certain jobs. He probably needs to be at a team competing to win things. Look at smith amazing for us, didn't last long at Everton. Moyes would be the opposite suits a smaller club it seems.

Not sure where he goes now tho, he looks bloody miserable. Look at a photo of him in his early gers days he's aged about a decade in 4 years.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Actually think Brendan Rodgers will be their next manager tbh.

Graham Potter is a Villa fan, he might be aiming higher than them(England) but Villa should do everything they can to get him imo