Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Agree with all that. Some managers suit certain jobs. He probably needs to be at a team competing to win things. Look at smith amazing for us, didn't last long at Everton. Moyes would be the opposite suits a smaller club it seems.

Not sure where he goes now tho, he looks bloody miserable. Look at a photo of him in his early gers days he's aged about a decade in 4 years.

He spent 4 year there and during absolute turmoil

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Between him, Gerrard and Tuchel for first sacking imoย 

Thatโ€™s why I think it might be Rodgers.
ย 

Gerrard sacked first IMO and I think Rodgers will throw his hat in the ring and try to get out of what is a Leicester side clearly on a downward trajectory before he ends up with another sacking on his CV.

Think @The Specky Liar might be right with his Potter shout though, especially if heโ€™s a Villa fan.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Apparently he wasnโ€™t convinced after talks with Gerrardย 

Can't imagine why a rapid wide player wouldn't be convinced with the way Gerrard planned on using him :lol:ย 

1 hour ago, ger4life_1872 said:

He spent 4 year there and during absolute turmoil

I knew this would come I'm not slagging him off and don't think he did bad but you know what I mean. Legend at our club where winning trophies is the aim.

29 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

TBH the other day I thought I wouldn't be surprised if that happened and Gerrard got the Leicester job.ย :lol:

Don't think Gerrard will get a EPL job now. He's bombed that badly down there spending a fortune doing so.

42 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Beale has only taken 5pts from a possible 15....not exactly an inspiring start from him eitherย 

Think you have to caveat that by remembering that it is QPR Beale is managing. A win, two draws and two defeats is probably what you would realistically expect from them considering the level their squad is at.

It's no wonder the Rangers board told him the money was stopping. He must have been aware that the investment in the squad was front-loaded and it was up to him to work with what he had.

Same thing happening again. He gets huge investment and doesn't understand that after the money's spent he's actually got a job to do.

7 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Graham Potter is a Villa fan, he might be aiming higher than them(England) but Villa should do everything they can to get him imo

Not always the best to manage the team you love though, look how they treated Dean Smith (who I don't think deserved to be sacked when he was TBF)ย 

That said, although Brighton are doing well now, villa would be an upgrade tbh, far bigger club, but your right, I think be could do better than them tbh. Wouldn't be shocked if he was a contender for a big club (Chelsea if tuchel gets binned)ย 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

West Ham arenโ€™t a piss poor side theyโ€™re just in poor form atmย 

Downgraded massively over the summer and it starting to show.ย 

Done well under Moyes his 2nd time but can't see them competing for the European places this season.ย 

8 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Beale has only taken 5pts from a possible 15....not exactly an inspiring start from him eitherย 

Yes, but as a team they worked well. Beale isn't a manager, he"s a coach/tactician....and a great one at that. Gerrard isn't a tactician but a manager. They relied on each other.ย 

6 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yes, but as a team they worked well. Beale isn't a manager, he"s a coach/tactician....and a great one at that. Gerrard isn't a tactician but a manager. They relied on each other.ย 

Beale has only been away for the opening 3 games that Villa have played, there poor form stretches back to when Beale was working with Gerrard, I know many on here have no angst against Beale and generally want him to do well but I will be surprised if he sees the season out at QPR