Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

On 28/12/2021 at 14:09, MacBoyd said:

What do we think happened with him now with time to reflect. Was in high spirits un May and seemed to be enjoying it. The summer was strange and unorganised, completely different to his other ones. We failed in the CL and as disappointing as that was it can happen and his European record was phenomenal overall. He seemed off in press conferences, I actually thought dealing with only fan media(and stv) was the issue for him there at the time but maybe he was just bored with the job. On the pitch top of league but playing very poorly. Top players bang out of form.

Did he get bored? Was it not getting the transfer window he wanted? Cl exit? Or something else? Imo he still seems a bit different in his pressers with villa, although obviously had a great start on the pitch.

I think Alex got him told, it's me or Scotland, seriously 😂

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Was obvious it would be one of the worst transfers ever.

Liverpool robbed Barcelona and did what I thought they should by using the funds to sort their defence.

Best decision Klopp ever made. 

Can't remember the exact figures but Liverpool had a far better win percentage when Coutinho was missing.

The Brazilian Dele Alli.

Villa are crazy to go for him. 

He was a sub more times for Liverpool than playing 90 minutes.

Barca deserved everything they got signing this donkey , I hope the rat goes for him for Villa.

I think Coutinho to Villa is a good sign for us.

The Scottish media are desperate to see Gerrard come back to plunder our first team squad and stories about Kent, Barisic, Kamara and Aribo to Villa are lazy journalism at best. 

This signing, regardless of how shite he’s been at Barcelona, shows that he is fishing in an entirely different pond now and I’m not sure he’ll see our guys as being at that level. 

Coutinho still done quite well for Bayern a couple of years ago and recently never really got a proper run of games at Barcelona. Still a massive step up from what Villa already have.

Villa paying 65% of wages so must still be circa 250k a week, crazy.

21 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

I think Coutinho to Villa is a good sign for us.

The Scottish media are desperate to see Gerrard come back to plunder our first team squad and stories about Kent, Barisic, Kamara and Aribo to Villa are lazy journalism at best. 

This signing, regardless of how shite he’s been at Barcelona, shows that he is fishing in an entirely different pond now and I’m not sure he’ll see our guys as being at that level. 

Still think Brandon Barker will be waiting by the phone for the call to come tbh…

It is pretty telling to see that Villa supporters have already identified numerous issues with Gerrards system that align with many of the issues we had;

Poor/Late Substitutions.

Over Reliance on Full Backs for width.

Lack of Goals.

Controlling and dominating games while still conceding sloppy goals that cost them games.

Saying all the right things in the media but failing to address the issue.

I had a read on a Villa forum last night and while the above are definitely valid concerns, they don't half have a large amount of rockets in their support who think they should be world beaters!

Some are already losing patience with what they see as an abysmal run of results. I wonder if Gerrard misses that winning feeling yet.

2 hours ago, IpswichGer said:

It is pretty telling to see that Villa supporters have already identified numerous issues with Gerrards system that align with many of the issues we had;

Poor/Late Substitutions.

Lack of Goals.

Controlling and dominating games while still conceding sloppy goals that cost them games.

I had a read on a Villa forum last night and while the above are definitely valid concerns, they don't half have a large amount of rockets in their support who think they should be world beaters!

Some are already losing patience with what they see as an abysmal run of results. I wonder if Gerrard misses that winning feeling yet.

Playing 2 strikers but not actually playing them as 2 strikers.

59 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Playing 2 strikers but not actually playing them as 2 strikers.

Aye, thinking back, watching Ings last night was similar to watching Morelos when SG was here.  
Isolated & appearing to have to create anything for himself. He looked frustrated to say the least.  

On 11/01/2022 at 07:00, IpswichGer said:

Poor/Late Substitutions.

Lack of Goals.

It's delusional on Villa fans part and on Gerrard part. 

• 2 weeks later...