Goldson

GOAT

Just now, Ayrshire Blue said:

I get what your saying but no player or vice-captain of our club should ever come out with that feeble drivel ever.

Say we got outplayed, the better team won, or whatever BUT never give the impression you’re defeated with 45 minutes of football remaining.

Yes, we were down 3-1, a 2 goal deficit, but they scored 3 in 20 minutes - Goldson had surrendered with over twice that time left.

Fuck him, he’s not fit to wear that shirt.

I agree about the comments at 3-1.

He’s checked out and simply doesn’t give a fuck now.

12 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He was never mr consistent pre covid, infact the last game before lockdown he tried to be fancy in his own box and cost us the game at home to Hamilton, he was erratic pre covid but people couldnt see it (well some of us could) 

Yeah, I remember that. My post was primarily talking about last season. Never missed a minute the whole season in a side that went undefeated in the league....losing only lost 13 goals, that's consistency. We've already lost 13 in the league this season. I just don't understand what's happened....why he's clearly chucked it.

2 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yeah, I remember that. My post was primarily talking about last season. Never missed a minute the whole season in a side that went undefeated in the league....losing only lost 13 goals, that's consistency. We've already lost 13 in the league this season. I just don't understand what's happened....why he's clearly chucked it.

I think missing Helander has cost us. He can read a game better than Goldson.

10 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Goldson comments were stupid but did he really do anything wrong yesterday on the park performance wise?

Part of a defence that conceded a first half hat trick to Martin Boyle, he is part of the problem, chucked it after the 2nd goal by his own admission as well. 

I was calm after watching the full interview but thinking about it more and I can feel the rage building, it won't happen but I would rip up his contract forget the fee. 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The defence was an absolute disgrace yesterday and tbh has been virtually all season.

You’re probably right the whole team has been poor defensively but it feels to me Tavernier and Goldson seem to be the whipping boys again for the fan base when most of the team underperformed.

Kent was awful yesterday and didn’t do anything but for some reason everyone was booing the substitution. The whole team deserves criticism not just Tavernier and Goldson 

5 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

We know about goldson and his COD social media captain Tavernier being dire.

But balogun gives me bi polarness, some weeks he's been outstanding next he's went all fkn Joe worrall.

Do we reckon this is the goldson/tav effect?

Or would balogun be solid with big helander in there beside him

Why would our left centre back be affected by our right backs performance?

Again easy targets

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I agree about the comments at 3-1.

He’s checked out and simply doesn’t give a fuck now.

I completely disagree with that.

I think if you look at his body language and his face he does give a fuck. I'm fucked off with some of his performances as well as his contract situation and his comment about the game being over was fucking daft at best (don't have any issue with him mentioning the hunger as he's right) but the witch hunt on here is a fucking red neck. Cunts want us to boo his every touch. A guy who was at times heroic last season who was chucked under the bus by his captain yesterday with the interview in the first place.

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

But balogun gives me bi polarness, some weeks he's been outstanding next he's went all fkn Joe worrall.

I think Helander/Balogun would be a better footballing partnership. I said to a few mates last season that Goldson should be rested in the ‘easier’ games to develop a new partnership incase Goldson ever got injured.

Instead, he set a new record as an ever present, displaying a great fitness record AND hasn’t signed a new contract.

Talk about putting yourself in the shop window .

Really never want to see him around our squad again.

Mutual Consent a contract termination and let him go. 

Having people like him around when a new manager is trying to stamp his new era will not be good.

What sort of message is that to kids or anyone watching that interview when the going gets tough just give up. Any big Premier League club who want to achieve anything never will touch him after that. 

11 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

You've spouted some utter drivel about Goldson for months but trying to blame Balougun's pish defending on him and Tav is mental even for you.

Equally embarrassing is getting so uptight that a player plays a computer game on his day off. Hope to fuck they don't have Christmas dinner this year or you'll be protesting.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I completely disagree with that.

I think if you look at his body language and his face he does give a fuck. I'm fucked off with some of his performances as well as his contract situation and his comment about the game being over was fucking daft at best (don't have any issue with him mentioning the hunger as he's right) but the witch hunt on here is a fucking red neck. Cunts want us to boo his every touch. A guy who was at times heroic last season who was chucked under the bus by his captain yesterday with the interview in the first place.

That interview was him simply not giving a fuck. Throwing team mates under a bus as if he’s not in any way at fault.

He was heroic last season, not a single person can deny that.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

That interview was him simply not giving a fuck. Throwing team mates under a bus as if he’s not in any way at fault.

He was heroic last season, not a single person can deny that.

Fwiw I think he was including himself in that. Saying the hunger has went. We've all said it for months. I've no problem with him saying that. I do agree with the majority that he was utterly wrong about the game being over at 3-1 down but nothing else was wrong for me. For that to transpire into what it has with him being abused and talk of ripping up his contract etc is just baffling to me.

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You’re probably right the whole team has been poor defensively but it feels to me Tavernier and Goldson seem to be the whipping boys again for the fan base when most of the team underperformed.

Kent was awful yesterday and didn’t do anything but for some reason everyone was booing the substitution. The whole team deserves criticism not just Tavernier and Goldson 

I’ll cut Tav a bit of slack - he’s contributed a lot more than he has cost us. But, he’s a shite defender.

Patterson has to take his place, Bassey has to take Borna’s place …… but here’s the curved ball. Play Tav in midfield ….. in front of …..Bassey ?

Then let Kent go wide with Tav cutting inside?

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I’ll cut Tav a bit of slack - he’s contributed a lot more than he has cost us. But, he’s a shite defender.

Patterson has to take his place, Bassey has to take Borna’s place …… but here’s the curved ball. Play Tav in midfield ….. in front of …..Bassey ?

I think Tav moving into one of the midfield positions isn't the worst shout. Almost where Aribo plays right of centre. Didn't Gio do that with us? Go from left back to centre mid? Ricksen also did that. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

Wow. :confused:

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think Tav moving into one of the midfield positions isn't the worst shout. Almost where Aribo plays right of centre. Didn't Gio do that with us? Go from left back to centre mid? Ricksen also did that. 

You would think he would be able to play in the middle of the park with little to no problems. For all his faults defensible his technical ability and engine are both incredible, and like you say there’s loads of players who have been able to do both.

However, I think the only way to accommodate him and Patterson is if we went 3-4-3 but we certainly aren’t going to do that early doors under Gio.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

You would think he would be able to play in the middle of the park with little to no problems. For all his faults defensible his technical ability and engine are both incredible, and like you say there’s loads of players who have been able to do both.

However, I think the only way to accommodate him and Patterson is if we went 3-4-3 but we certainly aren’t going to do that early doors under Gio.

Aye he loves the 4-3-2-1. I think Tav could play that role but like you said. He can do the defensive work from midfield and has probably the best engine in the team. Can hit a ball also. Maybe worth tinkering with.