Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

And the club, who sanctioned it and bent over to every demand he made until it came to Nisbet which pissed him off so much he left. 

Their duty is to protect & do what is best for the club, not Steven Gerrard. 

The squad, from a contract an value point of view, has been mismanaged so badly it is bordering on negligent. 

Gerrard & his team were in self preservation mode by retaining players & he pushed it further by bringing more in. 
Possibility his status made it awkward/hard for the club to question or challenge this. 

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He'll end up at a Stoke, Blackburn, Middlesbrough type team.

Said that yesterday though i said QPR or L uton, someone then replied that it would suit him down to the ground. Zero expectation or pressure on him, quite happy reading water mid table in the championship for a pretty hefty wage.  Makes sense really, sorted.

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

And the club, who sanctioned it and bent over to every demand he made until it came to Nisbet which pissed him off so much he left. 

Their duty is to protect & do what is best for the club, not Steven Gerrard. 

The squad, from a contract an value point of view, has been mismanaged so badly it is bordering on negligent. 

The last bit could be the real damaging underbelly of Gerrard's legacy. Players that had value and should have been sold ageing or going into last years of their contracts. Looks like costing us millions upon millions.

45 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Not trying be smart but best prepare to be disappointed as he’ll be at CH on Thursday & for the foreseeable.  
Hopefully things will have calmed down somewhat by then & he can put in a decent performance for the new manager & fans. 
A wee goal from him & a squad reset/re focus for the Xmas schedule would be ideal. 

What the fuck are you talking about? He’s downed tools this season, wants to leave, and yesterday admitted he doesn’t have the hunger to win trophies. He admitted they didn’t even have the hunger to win the game yesterday at 3-0. If he plays on Thursday I’ll be booing fuck out out of him and hope the rest of the crowd follow suit. The guy’s a fucking disgrace to the badge. 

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The last bit could be the real damaging underbelly of Gerrard's legacy. Players that had value and should have been sold ageing or going into last years of their contracts. Looks like costing us millions upon millions.

Yip. It’s an absolute mess that can only be resolved by winning the league and getting UCL £. 

57 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Would you all rather he lied to us? Fed us shite that everyone was up for it? Even when we can see they'll aren't?

Do you just want him to repeat what every other boreatron footballer does and tell us what we want to hear?

I respect him more for having the balls to tell the truth.

I get what you're saying re telling the truth, but he's basically told the whole of Scottish football and Sparta that we're not up for it.

I have zero percent respect for him.

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

It certainly sounds he was disappointed with the funding . To me , that was probably the point he decided he was off at the first opportunity , and its very difficult to find the same intensity or hunger once you've reached that point . 

There may well be a degree of truth in that.

I still believe he had ambitions to bring more success to us when the season got underway but with the team underperforming the frustration was there for all to see. In his post match interview after Bronby away he spoke about the lack of quality on the park from both teams and maybe at that point he thought he might have done as much as he could do without a further cash injection. 

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

In hindsight he had no interest in the buy low, develop, sell high model as it would have deprived him of his "top" players when he needed them. Fuck what that meant to the long term future of the club.

When he sensed that the well was dry he slithered off like a thief in the night (copyright Richard Keys).

I guess once an untrustworthy, selfish, scouse rat prick always an untrustworthy, selfish, scouse, rat prick.

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

I get what you're saying re telling the truth, but he's basically told the whole of Scottish football and Sparta that we're not up for it.

I have zero percent respect for him.

The team has told Sparta Prague and the whole of Scottish football that we are not up for it in basically every game this season with their performances.

At least now it's publicly acknowledged means they can't continue to kid themselves on anything different and might actually start giving a fuck. The alternative is that they just keep doing what they're doing.

7 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

There may well be a degree of truth in that.

I still believe he had ambitions to bring more success to us when the season got underway but with the team underperforming the frustration was there for all to see. In his post match interview after Bronby away he spoke about the lack of quality on the park from both teams and maybe at that point he thought he might have done as much as he could do without a further cash injection. 

Shows him up for his limited abilities. Clubs with way less money than us are beating us or at least giving us a hard game. We on the other hand roll over.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

In hindsight he had no interest in the buy low, develop, sell high model as it would have deprived him of his "top" players when he needed them. Fuck what that meant to the long term future of the club.

When he sensed that the well was dry he fucked off like a thief in the night (copyright Richard Keys).

I guess once an untrustworthy, selfish, scouse rat prick always an untrustworthy, selfish, scouse, rat prick.

Gerrard repeatedly said every player was for sale if they met the club’s valuation and none of us were complaining last season when we were winning our 55th title.

27 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Lundstram is absolutely levels better than Kelly it's not even close.

He has more experience. But in what other way is he better?

I'd rather have a Kelly on maybe £1k per week with bags of potential and the possibility of being a big transfer revenue, than a Lundstram who's as good as he's ever going to get, who's on 30x that and who no-one will ever take off our hands until his contract runs down or we pay it off.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I thought we had gotten over the whole “Lundstram is a bad player” thing when he was our best player consistently for like a month? 

He looked better yes in a poor underforming team, he still jogs about as if he plays for Sheffield utd n passes sideways n back.

Easy on for 30k a week.

Hes not the answer

This is a serious financial mess left by getrards legacy.

Our highest value players will be bid off for cheaper because of our latest financial results. Clubs will know we are very open to refreshing our squad.

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

The team has told Sparta Prague and the whole of Scottish football that we are not up for it in basically every game this season with their performances.

At least now it's publicly acknowledged means they can't continue to kid themselves on anything different and might actually start giving a fuck. The alternative is that they just keep doing what they're doing.

Hope so.

9 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

I'm what way?

He must be keeping this talent a secret just now is he? :p:

He's had more standout performances than anyone else this season

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

He has more experience. But in what other way is he better?

I'd rather have a Kelly on maybe £1k per week with bags of potential and the possibility of being a big transfer revenue, than a Lundstram who's as good as he's ever going to get, who's on 30x that and who no-one will ever take off our hands until his contract runs down or we pay it off.

Kelly has bags of potential? Based on what? A 45 minute pre season game v Tranmere?

1 minute ago, Mondraker said:

Shows him up for his limited abilities. Clubs with way less money than us are beating us or at least giving us a hard game. We on the other hand roll over.

Were you questioning his limited abilities last season as we went through the league campaign unbeaten? As I remember he was a hero to all of us.
You have to bare in mind that although levels have dropped this season, he left us with the team in the league cup semi final, one game from progressing through the group stages in Europe and 4 points clear at the top of the league.