Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wait till you see his "katic bombscare away to Hamilton after the st johnstone game" a game that doesn't exist 😂

Doesn't exist yet here's an article full of Rangers fans ripping into him

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/21/rangers-defender-nikola-katic-takes-battering-from-fans-after-ha/

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/21/Rangers-defender-nikola-katic-takes-battering-from-fans-after-ha/

Amazing how many fans you got into the Delorian there 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/21/rangers-defender-nikola-katic-takes-battering-from-fans-after-ha/

And this part is very telling

267390615_Screenshot_20211123-125613_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d9e7e9e5125c758475b2c3067952d3d3.jpg

So basically katic was key, then binned for worrall, fucked his confidence and gerrard then brings him back first game on a plastic pitch, and you use that game from when he literally had only been at the club for 3 months as evidence of him being not good enough, fuck me

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

So you were wrong when you stated 'There was an entire season after Worrall left where Katic was consistently in the side.'

image.thumb.png.0076edb95eea278d5a0f93a6368c35a8.png

No. Here's his starts in the league in 19/20. 17 starts in 30 games - a couple off the bench and only out the squad compeltely twice.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

image.thumb.png.0076edb95eea278d5a0f93a6368c35a8.png

No. Here's his starts in the league in 19/20. 17 starts in 30 games - a couple off the bench and only out the squad compeltely twice.

We played 53 competitive games that season, katic featured in 29 of them, thats not consistently in the side at all

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And this part is very telling

267390615_Screenshot_20211123-125613_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d9e7e9e5125c758475b2c3067952d3d3.jpg

So basically katic was key, then binned for worrall, fucked his confidence and gerrard then brings him back first game on a plastic pitch, and you use that game from when he literally had only been at the club for 3 months as evidence of him being not good enough, fuck me

If coming out the team for two games turns him into a nervous wreck, it just backs up that he was never anywhere near good enough. One of the two games he was dropped for was also on a plastic pitch.

Just now, The Dude said:

If coming out the team for two games turns him into a nervous wreck, it just backs up that he was never anywhere near good enough. One of the two games he was dropped for was also on a plastic pitch.

being dropped for joe fucking worrall, after being key man in getting through 4 qualifiers for the EL and playing in the spfl, would have anyone doubting themselves, especially when they see worrall cost a goal minutes into his euro debut

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This is the biggest thing on here that gets me. It's easy saying we need to get rid of players but those players need to have something about them for other clubs to want to buy them. Who will pay money for Simpson or Katic the now? This model of buying players who get a small run of games and disappear until their contract runs down is why were in the shit were in.

Hopefully Katic can find a bit of form and Split but him I’m sure there’s an option to buy in his loan, Simpson was a ridiculous signing we might be stuck with him another Brandon Barker hopefully we can find somebody daft enough to take him, we need at least 2 cb in wether we can shift the deadwood or not only Helander is good enough and he’s injury prone. 

Did we ever play Katic and Helander together?

Souttar injury record isn’t great but he does look a good CB and being Scottish helps our squad for Europe.

It looks like we need about 5 CBs as they all seem a bit injury prone and Simpson isn’t good enough.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Balogun being moved on at the end of the season for GvB to bring in his own players.

Just now, ayro said:

Did we ever play Katic and Helander together?

Souttar injury record isn’t great but he does look a good CB and being Scottish helps our squad for Europe.

It looks like we need about 5 CBs as they all seem a bit injury prone and Simpson isn’t good enough.

Wouldnt be surprised to see Balogun being moved on at the end of the season for GvB to bring in his own players.

If balogun is cheap wage wise id keep him as backup, he's kinda versatile for domestic football and has the experience even if he is prone to bombscares, 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

If balogun is cheap wage wise id keep him as backup, he's kinda versatile for domestic football and has the experience even if he is prone to bombscares, 

Yeah I don’t mind him tbh just think it will be something we will consider along with the rest of the players with contracts expiring, especially the guys 30+.

One thing I certainly won't miss is Goldson getting the ball stuck between his feet before inevitably being dispossessed. Felt like I saw that so often over the years but always gave him a pass because I thought he was a good defender. He's good at switching the play if he has time but he's nowhere near as good on the ball as he thinks he is. 

I hope Gio instills a confidence in the players when under pressure. Amount of times we miss a counter chance because we panic lump the ball under a press is a joke. 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The prospect of signing Souttar terrifies me. One of the most injury prone players I've seen. He's no a prospect anymore. He's 25.

Doekhi has a contract until June 2022 so would probably need to pay about £3m for him imo. Money we don't have and money we wouldn't make off getting rid of Goldson.

Still think it's a knee jerk reaction wanting Goldson gone. If we get offered a decent fee I'd take but he has to play until then.

The injury concerns are valid of course but in the market we’ll be shopping in i think Souttar on a free or a nominal fee makes sense.

We’ll be looking at replacing Goldson, Balogun, Katic and Simpson at end of season.

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

One thing I certainly won't miss is Goldson getting the ball stuck between his feet before inevitably being dispossessed. Felt like I saw that so often over the years but always gave him a pass because I thought he was a good defender. He's good at switching the play if he has time but he's nowhere near as good on the ball as he thinks he is. 

I hope Gio instills a confidence in the players when under pressure. Amount of times we miss a counter chance because we panic lump the ball under a press is a joke. 

What we have a nasty habit of doing also is taking 3 or 4 passes to do something that one pass would do, so it allows teams time to get goalside and regain their shape

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

The injury concerns are valid of course but in the market we’ll be shopping in i think Souttar on a free or a nominal fee makes sense.

We’ll be looking at replacing Goldson, Balogun, Katic and Simpson at end of season.

Simpson ia going to be harder to get rid of than the clap, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What we have a nasty habit of doing also is taking 3 or 4 passes to do something that one pass would do, so it allows teams time to get goalside and regain their shape

Incredibly frustrating, pal. I know exactly what you mean. You'd think players would realise after playing against low blocks for so long, how important it is to play with pace and directness when the opportunity is there.