Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

From what I've heard, it's much better than what he was asked to say.

If there are players in the dressing room who have downed tools, do you think Goldson should be coming out and telling us the players all 'worked hard and we were unlucky not to turn the game around'?

There's been times I've done press at clubs when I've been able to hear managers tearing their players to shreds in the dressing room at FT then come out and tell the world how the players gave it everything and things are heading in the right direction - and you just know it's absolute bullshit. If there are players in the dressing room who have downed tools, I'd much rather someone come out and said it rather than pissing on me from a great height and trying to convince me it's just rain.

Surely that only applies if the player saying it is still giving his all? Goldson is the most obvious culprit of chucking it this season.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He's supposed to say something. As captain after a semi final defeat he should be coming out and facing the media

Not sure if I agree with that tbh

Who's on press duties today?

EDIT just seen it was McGregor

Just now, The Dude said:

The club picks who goes out. David Graham picked Goldson.

I just think the captain should take the responsibility there. Knowing there are gonna be some difficult questions after a poor performance in such a big game, it would go a long way if the captain goes out and faces the music.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

From what I've heard, it's much better than what he was asked to say.

If there are players in the dressing room who have downed tools, do you think Goldson should be coming out and telling us the players all 'worked hard and we were unlucky not to turn the game around'?

There's been times I've done press at clubs when I've been able to hear managers tearing their players to shreds in the dressing room at FT then come out and tell the world how the players gave it everything and things are heading in the right direction - and you just know it's absolute bullshit. If there are players in the dressing room who have downed tools, I'd much rather someone come out and said it rather than pissing on me from a great height and trying to convince me it's just rain.

It is easy, what was said remains in the dressing room. Not difficult, not dishonest 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So does he come out and trot out the club-approved line that we were unlucky and the players gave their all and bullshit us?

He doesn't need to say anything at all, disappointing etc should do much better etc. That is it.

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

He doesn't need to say anything at all, disappointing etc should do much better etc. That is it.

But then is that not the same cliched shite we've heard several times this season already? Disappointed, need to do better, will work hard in training this week to put things right etc etc.

20 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I just think the captain should take the responsibility there. Knowing there are gonna be some difficult questions after a poor performance in such a big game, it would go a long way if the captain goes out and faces the music.

Would show us that he has the minerals, as some wee ginger haired fanny used to say :)

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He’s the fucking captain FFS! Should be out there front and centre. 

Agreed, as the captain you you are the club/ player figurehead and imo expected to lead by example through thick and thin.
Ideally I’d prefer a captain who’d feel the personal duty and professionalism to actually see as it as his responsibility to stand up to be counted at times like this, not just when it’s easy after a good performance or victory…  

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He even wanted Goldson to tell us we were unlucky and worked hard on Sunday.

Deary me….if that’s the case, Goldson has clawed back a tiny wee bit of respect back in my eyes saying what he said.

getting told to spout that shit might well have led him to say what he said (for the avoidance of doubt, he still shouldn’t have came out with what he said)

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Mate, we had a 40million CL bonus within touching distance and we tried to cheap out and get it without spending a penny. We went into this season knowing winning the title would almost certainly see us in the CL groups but again we cheaped out.

Had we sold Goldson, we'd have still had Balogun, Helander, Katic and Simpson on our books (and postentially Edmundson). If we'd sold Goldson, we'd have went with what we had.

Well we'll need to agree to disagree on that. 

We might soon see because I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few moved on in January.

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Well we'll need to agree to disagree on that. 

We might soon see because I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few moved on in January.

Very different circumstances now. We've got a new manager to keep happy and we're not going to tell Gio in his first window that there's not a pot to piss in when it comes to transfers.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I'd much rather than than bending over every time someone flashes their chequebook at us.

Although if we were going to be selling these players and using the money brought in to replace them, how would you propose we balanced the books if not through European football? because using if we're using the transfer fees to do so, there's not much left there to actually spend on replacing the players we sell.

We buy low and sell high, thats the only way it will work for scottish football teams, relying on euro money is a disaster waiting to happen

Granted we'll never get another kamara type profit margin (when he does go) but the likes of hagi we'll probably make a good few quid on, buys like that we need to get into the routine kf doing anf accepting