Patterson at Leftback?

They Gnu

Don't play wingbacks further up anymore so from a purely defensive point of view, even as a right footed player, he'd be absolutely fine there against Dundee United at home. 

The alternative is Simpson and that's an absolute no go unless we have a serious, serious injury crisis. He might be better under Gio than Gerrard tbf but done nothing to show he's even Motherwell level, let alone Rangers. 

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Full backs aren't overlapping anymore so don't think it's as big a deal him playing on the wrong side for one game

Certainly better than playing Simpson

Exactly what I came into post, Patterson had to defend on 3 occasions last night and he did so quite confidently and looked assured, I would have no qualms if Patterson had to play on Saturday 

@mitre_mouldmaster to suggest we sell Patterson for £10million in January is absurd....even worse that you think he is miles behind Tav....especially given how ropey Tav has been defensively this session :confused:

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmm, not so sure to be quite honest.

If we sell anyone in January for big money, I genuinely think I would not be too disappointed if it was Patterson.

He is still miles behind Tav, will struggle to reach his potential whilst getting limited time with us.

If we could bring in £10m from him without weakening our first team, then I think it would be a good result. 

Add football to the long list of things you really don't understand at all.

Just now, Creampuff said:

I’d probably play him there rather than bring Simpson in. If for no other reason than I don’t want to break-up the Goldson-Bassey partnership that’s actually started to look pretty solid.

It’s one change of personal rather than a back four reshuffle. 

47 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Exactly what I came into post, Patterson had to defend on 3 occasions last night and he did so quite confidently and looked assured, I would have no qualms if Patterson had to play on Saturday 

@mitre_mouldmaster to suggest we sell Patterson for £10million in January is absurd....even worse that you think he is miles behind Tav....especially given how ropey Tav has been defensively this session :confused:

Well our manager must know absolutely fuck all about football too given he plays Tav in this position over Patterson in almost every game.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Patterson has been pretty average in his recent Rangers appearances. Particularly poor against Lyon. £10m offer comes in and it’s a no brainier for a guy that can’t get in the team. 

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Would rather we played Bassey at LB then had a lottery of the users on this forum to see who plays CB.

I'll play but I can't guarantee I won't just try and smash an opponent at the first opportunity

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Patterson has been pretty average in his recent Rangers appearances. Particularly poor against Lyon. £10m offer comes in and it’s a no brainier for a guy that can’t get in the team. 

Looks rusty to me.

He needs to play or leave tbh. He's at an age where he needs to be playing every single game and being allowed to make mistakes and learn his game. 

57 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Well our manager must know absolutely fuck all about football too given he plays Tav in this position over Patterson in almost every game.

That's not really what I said....was it?

You want to sell Patterson as in your eyes he is miles behind Tav.....I'm sure if that question was put to our manager at a press conference he would burst out laughing.....Miles behind wouldn't even see Patterson on the bench as back up let alone be trusted to play

49 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Tav hasn't exactly been spectacular this season either....selling Patterson now would be crazy, selling Tav however wouldn't break my heart

9 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That's not really what I said....was it?

You want to sell Patterson as in your eyes he is miles behind Tav.....I'm sure if that question was put to our manager at a press conference he would burst out laughing.....Miles behind wouldn't even see Patterson on the bench as back up let alone be trusted to play

Wait, are you now claiming that Simpson is not miles behind Goldson? Your claims are getting crazier by the minute!