Patterson at Leftback?

They Gnu

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Not for me. One of Gerrard's faults was constantly playing players out of position (shoehorning players) going all the way back to Ross McCrorie.

Watching Kamara, Aribo and Kent play in their best position is night and day.

Patterson is a right back.

Surely it's a better option than Simpson though

28 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Wait, are you now claiming that Simpson is not miles behind Goldson? Your claims are getting crazier by the minute!

Don't talk pish....we have two centre backs out injured and Simpson still can't get on the park....I would say you were trolling but starting to doubt it now

37 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Simpson centre half,  Bassey left back but my gut feeling regardless the pish that @mitre_mouldmaster is spouting will see Patterson at left back if Borna is out

Think you have won me over with your argument.

Since you logic holds up the Simpson is indeed not miles behind Goldson, I would play him in the middle and Bassey out left.

Patterson can come on if Tav gets injured as Tav is still the superior player, by a fair margin.

30 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Since you logic holds up the Simpson is indeed not miles behind Goldson, I would play him in the middle and Bassey out left.

Patterson can come on if Tav gets injured as Tav is still the superior player, by a fair margin.

Away back to the covid thread and annoy folk in there....as Macnamara would say "no even a good troll"

6 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmm, not so sure to be quite honest.

If we sell anyone in January for big money, I genuinely think I would not be too disappointed if it was Patterson.

He is still miles behind Tav, will struggle to reach his potential whilst getting limited time with us.

If we could bring in £10m from him without weakening our first team, then I think it would be a good result. 

Selling him for £10m now would be madness. Patterson will be our first choice right back next season imo. 

47 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

This is nonsense. Patterson gets his first opportunity to play in weeks in France against Ekambi and because he is not 8/10 in that game, the Tav loyal can't wait to say I told you so. 

In any case, I fully expect Barisic to play LB on Saturday.

8 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Tav hasn't exactly been spectacular this season either....selling Patterson now would be crazy, selling Tav however wouldn't break my heart

Tavs assists and goals for a right back throughout his Rangers career will never be matched by any other full back.

4 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Tavs assists and goals for a right back throughout his Rangers career will never be matched by any other full back.

I'm not disagreeing with that point, I said as much last week that he isn't even close to playing aswell as last season but his stats  for assists are still heading in the right direction.....I just don't think he is anywhere close to where I want him to be defensively so far this season 

Don’t think it would make that much of a difference Patterson there than Barisic the now given the reduced role Gio has given the full backs in attack 

Wouldn't like to see it long term, still have nightmares about Flanagan costing us goals being unable to clear the ball with his left foot but for a short spell to keep Simpson as far away from the team as possible I’d be fine with it 

20 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Full backs aren't overlapping anymore so don't think it's as big a deal him playing on the wrong side for one game

Certainly better than playing Simpson

This.

If the full backs are now being encouraged to cut inside a lot more then a right footed left back has its benefits.