Patterson at Leftback?

They Gnu

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Thoughts on this, know it was only a cameo last night but he looked very assured and competent inthe role.

Hmm, not so sure to be quite honest.

If we sell anyone in January for big money, I genuinely think I would not be too disappointed if it was Patterson.

He is still miles behind Tav, will struggle to reach his potential whilst getting limited time with us.

If we could bring in £10m from him without weakening our first team, then I think it would be a good result. 

28 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Thoughts on this, know it was only a cameo last night but he looked very assured and competent inthe role.

He did alright but I wouldn’t want to see him at left back on a regular basis . Would rather see him get more time on the right , at the back preferably or in midfield as that’s his natural side . A very promising talent and would rather  we could keep him than sell in January 🔴🔵

16 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

Play Aribo at left back. He's no being doing it this season further up the park so won't effect the team much

Aribo has not been doing it this season further up the park?  He has been our best player recently.... What am I reading :confused:

46 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Would rather that than Simpson but despise playing players out of position like that. A right footed left back kills the idea of a wing back on that side 

Unless our wingers play wide which would allow Patterson to cut inside and shoot on his stronger foot?? Would also mean he's tackling on his stronger foot when your opponents are cutting inside as well??? 

50 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Would rather that than Simpson but despise playing players out of position like that. A right footed left back kills the idea of a wing back on that side 

Gio isn't using them as wing backs in quite the same way Gerrard had it set up.

Short of Gio registering as a player and going at left back himself, Patterson is the best option with what we have available at the minute.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

He doesn't have a left foot so there's no balance, don't want to see this on Saturday. Hopefully Barisic is fit otherwise play Bassey at LB and bring Simpson (*shudders*) in at CB. 

Would rather we played Bassey at LB then had a lottery of the users on this forum to see who plays CB.