Best Stadium in UK - Ibrox

jimbobgers

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think the stands are as close to the pitch as allowed for European games. That’s why we don’t need to leave the first few Rows empty like the tarriers and some English teams in the EL or CL?

Possibly, but if you are at Anfield on a CL night the first rows of the crowd are probably half the distance from the touch line, which is a major factor in intimidating the opposition.  

If we could lower the pitch and put another 5 rows of seats in at the front of it would make a massive difference.  Apparently this is a no go though due  to the level of the water table.

5 minutes ago, Raymond Bad Barneyfeld said:

Ah, I'm a mongo and read it wrong :lol: 

Mate I know they do this at some grounds but I’m not sure the reason why or where im getting the distance from the pitch thing from. Think I probably read it somewhere but the poster above saying about Anfield has me doubting myself 🤣

Stands at Anfield do look pretty close to the pitch and I don’t remember ever seeing the front few rows empty there 

8 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate I know they do this at some grounds but I’m not sure the reason why or where im getting the distance from the pitch thing from. Think I probably read it somewhere but the poster above saying about Anfield has me doubting myself 🤣

Stands at Anfield do look pretty close to the pitch and I don’t remember ever seeing the front few rows empty there 

Tarriers defo have it behind goals, that's all i could tell you lol

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I go to all the European games at Ibrox and Anfield hence the comparison.  The only empty rows at Anfield are the front row at each end to meet UEFA requirements. 

4 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

I go to all the European games at Ibrox and Anfield hence the comparison.  The only empty rows at Anfield are the front row at each end to meet UEFA requirements. 

Aye that’s what I’m talking about so if we did build the stands closer to the pitch we wouldn’t be able to use the seats in European competition 

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye that’s what I’m talking about so if we did build the stands closer to the pitch we wouldn’t be able to use the seats in European competition 

Comes down to pitch size. Anfield is 101 x 68 metres, Ibrox is  105 x 68 metres.  So we could add a couple of rows at each end for Euro games without a problem.

Where we are missing a trick is not making the pitch wider for SPFL games.  Add 3 metres each side and stretch the teams that sit deep. 

There will always be people who are never happy and go out their way looking for negatives like moaning about the food or the surrounding area. There’s nothing quite like Ibrox for me, it’s a truly wonderful stadium to watch football in.

You would think this was posted on KDS the comments in here fs.

It's a harmless opinion poll that we came 1st in and ppl are falling over themselves to find the negatives. :lol:

What am I on about? that's classic RM behaviour 

On 27/12/2021 at 20:47, Tiger Shaw said:

Think the stands are as close to the pitch as allowed for European games. That’s why we don’t need to leave the first few Rows empty like the tarriers and some English teams in the EL or CL?

Yes the pitch near touchline can't be closer because of the sight line at back of govan and back of main club deck, as for them leaving 3 rows behind the goals that's because euro advertising is bigger