Best Stadium in UK - Ibrox

jimbobgers

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Never take this things seriously, especially when I read the midden was no. 2 :lol: 

I love Ibrox, and the main stand building is amazing, but a lot of the rest is average. Small seats, shite food, shite circulation, toilets horrendous. The Rangers ‘match day experience’ is really poor, apart from seeing us play. 

The stadium probably was one of the best in Europe late 90s early 2000s but not much has changed in it since then and it has been left so far behind now. 
Main stand aside it would make top 20 now

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Never take this things seriously, especially when I read the midden was no. 2 :lol: 

I love Ibrox, and the main stand building is amazing, but a lot of the rest is average. Small seats, shite food, shite circulation, toilets horrendous. The Rangers ‘match day experience’ is really poor, apart from seeing us play. 

Hate saying it but it feels really dated now. Needs a massive overhaul/renovation.

I'm glad our stadium hasn't changed. Something about it for me feels nostalgic. So it needs some upgrades but it's still class.

Canny find the video but I'm sure it was the build up to us against man utd in the champions League and souness was talking about how we completely changed Ibrox after the disaster. We made it a family stadium. Sure it was one of the first stadiums to have female toilets too. All the top teams like Bayern, Madrid etc were coming over to see our stadium and how we were doing it. It was a catalyst for some.of the top stadiums you see today.

don't care much for these lists. for me no other stadium will come close to Ibrox. could do with some upgrades but shouldn't change it too much. if we ever do anything it should be the broomloan/copland/sandy jardine stands. the main stand should never be touched it's perfect as it is. any changes to other stands must be designed to fit in with the main stand. i hate the look of stadiums that have old architecture and are surrounded by all the modern glass/metal pish.

4 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Lb for lb Tynecastle beats Wembley for atmosphere. If Tynecastle held 2/3rds of the capacity of Wembley it would exceed the atmosphere generated at Wembley. 

Was sitting for a while thinking what the fuck that has that got to do with left backs.

• Clemdog changed the title to Best Stadium in UK - Ibrox
32 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Besides the main stand the other three are total knock down and rebuild jobs if money was no object.

Yip. Revolutionary for its time but feels dated and tired now. Even the video somebody mentioned where Souness talked about how great it was and how it influenced lots of other stadiums was almost 20 years years now.

Crap list.  We all know what the atmosphere at Ibrox is like on OF day or big European nights but too many games are played in silence apart from constant drum  in BF1.

Them in second discredits everything. 

Best main stand in the UK by far but the rest of the stadium is dated and in need of improvement.  Govan and Main Stand far too far from the pitch, need single tiers behind the goals with safe standing.   Concourses are too small and worst of all I can’t buy a pint after a 200 mile drive. 

10 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Crap list.  We all know what the atmosphere at Ibrox is like on OF day or big European nights but too many games are played in silence apart from constant drum  in BF1.

Them in second discredits everything. 

Best main stand in the UK by far but the rest of the stadium is dated and in need of improvement.  Govan and Main Stand far too far from the pitch, need single tiers behind the goals with safe standing.   Concourses are too small and worst of all I can’t buy a pint after a 200 mile drive. 

Think the stands are as close to the pitch as allowed for European games. That’s why we don’t need to leave the first few Rows empty like the tarriers and some English teams in the EL or CL?