Leon King

esquire8

10 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I seen someone mention on FollowFollow that he’s grown to 6’2 and has started to fill out more. Obviously physicality and height is overrated in Scotland but CB is probably the exception to that you need both and it looks like King will have both to complement his natural ability.

Hopefully we see him get some game time this season. There is no use in continually loaning our players out to dross Scottish Championship teams it rarely works out for us.

Should be starting in the cup against Stirling.

Weirdly selling Patterson will probably be a big selling point for youths staying  at or joining us now.

Ethical agents will potentially look at us as an easier option to break through to the first team before moving on to the richer clubs on much bigger deals joining their senior squads.

35 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Weirdly selling Patterson will probably be a big selling point for youths staying  at or joining us now.

Ethical agents will potentially look at us as an easier option to break through to the first team before moving on to the richer clubs on much bigger deals joining their senior squads.

I think young players should be careful using Patterson's situation. 

Patterson was an internationally capped defender who couldn't get first team football yet went to an EPL club at 20 for a club record-breaking fee.

I highly doubt that will ever happen again or become the norm.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think young players should be careful using Patterson's situation. 

Patterson was an internationally capped defender who couldn't get first team football yet went to an EPL club at 20 for a club record-breaking fee.

I highly doubt that will ever happen again or become the norm.

If he hadn't had our captain and maybe most important player ahead of him I've no doubt he would have played a lot more.

At the risk of being accused of putting the thread back on topic I see Leon King has been promoted to the first team squad from the B team, wonder who will move into the B team squad.

The opportunity of training with the first team and the odd bit of first team football probably had a fair bit to do with him signing for us again instead of being swayed by the approach from Villa.

18 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

At the risk of being accused of putting the thread back on topic I see Leon King has been promoted to the first team squad from the B team, wonder who will move into the B team squad.

The opportunity of training with the first team and the odd bit of first team football probably had a fair bit to do with him signing for us again instead of being swayed by the approach from Villa.

Harkness or one of the Ewens probably.

It wasn't just Villa who were after him.

On 05/01/2022 at 12:22, eskbankloyal said:

Would much rather him as one of our 4 CHs than Simpson that’s for sure. Has a lot of admirers down south so if he can get some game time and another new contract in the next 2 years he’ll likely get a big move & big fee. 

Do you think he is close to being ready to seriously challenge for a place in the team. Or at least close to being ready? 

On 06/01/2022 at 16:59, southcoastbear said:

No one will move to the b team, Leon is 17.

26 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We going to play with 10 men in those games aye

I think he means he can still play for the B team when he is training with the main squad.

I think there is a max number of appearances they can make for the senior team and still play for the Bs though. 4 comes to mind, but might be wrong.

14 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think he means he can still play for the B team when he is training with the main squad.

I think there is a max number of appearances they can make for the senior team and still play for the Bs though. 4 comes to mind, but might be wrong.

He's moved away from the b team 

1 hour ago, Fergie_6 said:

Only 11 players in the b squad aye, you on the bevy last night, because your not making any sense here.

I don't know what isn't making sense about saying that a player has left the b team so will need replaced by someone else, if you're unable to understand that then I don't know what to say.

46 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I don't know what isn't making sense about saying that a player has left the b team so will need replaced by someone else, if you're unable to understand that then I don't know what to say.

What you talking about playing with 10 men, that doesn’t make sense to me is there on 11 men in the b team.

• 3 months later...