Mason Greenwood

jackg93

46 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

"It's OK, we don't think Mason did anything, he's not guilty...but we'll work to find him a new club"

the gist of that statement from Man United

rancid football club. they've gone way down in my estimations. 

Luckily for me, they were never up in my estimations

hate them as much as I hate the tims

One of the charges brought against Greenwood was coercive and controlling behaviour. Man Utd say he didn't do what he was accused of. Presumably every person who signed off on that statement thinks that telling your partner you don't give a fuck if she wants to have sex, she's doing it anyway and you won't ask her again is not coercive and controlling. Those people are all, like him, a danger to women. 

1 minute ago, JamieD said:

One of the charges brought against Greenwood was coercive and controlling behaviour. Man Utd say he didn't do what he was accused of. Presumably every person who signed off on that statement thinks that telling your partner you don't give a fuck if she wants to have sex, she's doing it anyway and you won't ask her again is not coercive and controlling. Those people are all, like him, a danger to women. 

Yeah parts like that stink. There has been no claim that any of the evidence is fake, not him or incorrect, yet they're still claiming he didn't do any of the things he was accused of?

Greenwood's statement also claims that he was cleared of all charges, which as far as we know is not true. He also says in it that he made mistakes in his relationship which lead to the situations which caused the social media posts. Which implies that all the things happened.

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

He's still under contract. 

They can't terminate his contract without paying him the entirety in full, so they'll try to sell him or loan him out for the remainder. 

Not true, they could sack him. I'm sure it would likely go to an employment tribunal, but I'm pretty sure I'd get sacked from my work if the same recordings were leaked of me.

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't. Neither of us know.

Think in the balance of probabilities it is likely she was at it.

Its almost certain that Greenwood was guilty.

And the Evans case, genuinely no idea.

Neymar, Greenwood and Evans are 3 very distinct cases, and its quite understandable that the public react differently to them all given the different factors at play

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think in the balance of probabilities it is likely she was at it.

Its almost certain that Greenwood was guilty.

And the Evans case, genuinely no idea.

Neymar, Greenwood and Evans are 3 very distinct cases, and its quite understandable that the public react differently to them all given the different factors at play

Given there have been at least one further rape/sexual assault allegation against Neymar - costing him a Nike deal - I'm not sure the balance of probabilities does suggest she was likely at it.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Given there have been at least one further rape/sexual assault allegation against Neymar - costing him a Nike deal - I'm not sure the balance of probabilities does suggest she was likely at it.

Not really given she only tried to pursue it after the initial allegation came out against him.

I think if you had been falsely accused, then a sponsor came and asked you to participate in their 'internal investigation' it would be quite reasonable to tell them to ram it.

I just dont buy the Brazilian lassies story. Far too many red flags, including the weird hidden video of her attacking him obviously trying to get some form of retaliation to help with her claim.

I think it is very likely that he was innocent in this claim, especially since she was actually charged with fraud etc, even though the charges were dropped.

Wouldnt surprise me if the whole thing with Ronaldo was another example of someone doing something similar to be honest.

I think it would be a bit naïve to think that incredibly rich footballers would not be targets for this type of action to be honest.

Each case is difficult and needs to be investigated on its own merits.

The Greenwood one is a pretty obvious example of a rapist, I think the Neymar one is a pretty clear example of someone out for a payday.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not really given she only tried to pursue it after the initial allegation came out against him.

I think if you had been falsely accused, then a sponsor came and asked you to participate in their 'internal investigation' it would be quite reasonable to tell them to ram it.

I just dont buy the Brazilian lassies story. Far too many red flags, including the weird hidden video of her attacking him obviously trying to get some form of retaliation to help with her claim.

I think it is very likely that he was innocent in this claim, especially since she was actually charged with fraud etc, even though the charges were dropped.

Wouldnt surprise me if the whole thing with Ronaldo was another example of someone doing something similar to be honest.

I think it would be a bit naïve to think that incredibly rich footballers would not be targets for this type of action to be honest.

Each case is difficult and needs to be investigated on its own merits.

The Greenwood one is a pretty obvious example of a rapist, I think the Neymar one is a pretty clear example of someone out for a payday.

And the Nike employee's story?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

And the Nike employee's story?

Dunno enough about it to be honest.

I find it a bit sus that she only tried to pursue the claim after the initial (and I believe false) accusation came out about Neymar. This is not definitive though as many people require someone else to take the first step a bit like the MeToo stuff.

I dont think it helps her clause that she did not as far as im aware attempt to go to the police, but wanted to jump straight to a financial claim against him, pursuing a settlement. There was absolutely no criminal investigation, and the only investigation was one she asked that Nike do internally.

In short, I dont believe the first case against him. Its a pretty blatantly obvious attempt to extort him. The second case without knowing more,  its impossible to tell if it was someone genuinely assaulted, or someone trying to jump on the claim bandwagon. 

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dunno enough about it to be honest.

I find it a bit sus that she only tried to pursue the claim after the initial (and I believe false) accusation came out about Neymar. This is not definitive though as many people require someone else to take the first step a bit like the MeToo stuff.

I dont think it helps her clause that she did not as far as im aware attempt to go to the police, but wanted to jump straight to a financial claim against him, pursuing a settlement. There was absolutely no criminal investigation, and the only investigation was one she asked that Nike do internally.

In short, I dont believe the first case against him. Its a pretty blatantly obvious attempt to extort him. The second case without knowing more,  its impossible to tell if it was someone genuinely assaulted, or someone trying to jump on the claim bandwagon. 

So you don't know enough about it but are happy to suggest she was maybe just wanting paid because she never reported it immediately? Fucking hell. That's an utterly fucking mental take.

Also it was reported to Nike in 2018. The 'Brazil' allegation was made in 2019. Hard to 'jump on the claim bandwagon' when you're first to make an allegation.

image.thumb.png.eac4000471baab6e33b4ff46839035f2.png

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So you don't know enough about it but are happy to suggest she was maybe just wanting paid because she never reported it immediately? Fucking hell. That's an utterly fucking mental take.

Also it was reported to Nike in 2018. The 'Brazil' allegation was made in 2019. Hard to 'jump on the claim bandwagon' when you're first to make an allegation.

image.thumb.png.eac4000471baab6e33b4ff46839035f2.png

Didnt know anything about the case till about an hour ago, if you have been an avidly investigating it for years behind the scenes, then good for you.

I think it is perfectly valid for me to consider that she could be making it up, just as you are suggesting that Neymar is a sexual criminal. One of them is lying, neither of us know for sure. 

It allegedly happened in 2016, reported to Nike in 2018, Nike then take him back on the same promotional tour for the subsequent years without mentioning it to him, then only after the claim about the rape from the lassie charged with fraud, did the Nike employee actually pursue a claim against Neymar as far as im aware, never reporting it to the police.

I think the claim from the Nike employee on the face of it seems more believable than the initial claim against him. The lassie might have been abused. Alternatively she might have been looking for a payout.

The first claim from the Brazilian lassie is a pretty obvious case of a lassie trying to get a payout though, its far more obvious than the Nike accusation.

Ciaran McKenna now at Hamilton Accies was certainly falsly accused of rape and ended up getting a $260k settlement from Dukes University.

I think certainly the first Neymar accusation from the Brazilian lassie as another false claim.

I suspect the Ronaldo one was also a false claim, although ive not read much into it.

False rape claims are a risk, and when you add in the massive amounts of money that people can settle for, it certainly adds an element of motive to it.

Rape conviction rates and genuine cases going unpunished are also horrible and a real issue. Its not a fair thing to however just automatically believe one set of people over the others. There will be genuine rapists going free and innocent victims of claims shelling out huge figures. Both are wrong.

The one thing we can agree on is that Greenwood is very much a wrong one!

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Didnt know anything about the case till about an hour ago, if you have been an avidly investigating it for years behind the scenes, then good for you.

I think it is perfectly valid for me to consider that she could be making it up, just as you are suggesting that Neymar is a sexual criminal. One of them is lying, neither of us know for sure. 

It allegedly happened in 2016, reported to Nike in 2018, Nike then take him back on the same promotional tour for the subsequent years without mentioning it to him, then only after the claim about the rape from the lassie charged with fraud, did the Nike employee actually pursue a claim against Neymar as far as im aware, never reporting it to the police.

I think the claim from the Nike employee on the face of it seems more believable than the initial claim against him. The lassie might have been abused. Alternatively she might have been looking for a payout.

The first claim from the Brazilian lassie is a pretty obvious case of a lassie trying to get a payout though, its far more obvious than the Nike accusation.

Ciaran McKenna now at Hamilton Accies was certainly falsly accused of rape and ended up getting a $260k settlement from Dukes University.

I think certainly the first Neymar accusation from the Brazilian lassie as another false claim.

I suspect the Ronaldo one was also a false claim, although ive not read much into it.

False rape claims are a risk, and when you add in the massive amounts of money that people can settle for, it certainly adds an element of motive to it.

Rape conviction rates and genuine cases going unpunished are also horrible and a real issue. Its not a fair thing to however just automatically believe one set of people over the others. There will be genuine rapists going free and innocent victims of claims shelling out huge figures. Both are wrong.

The one thing we can agree on is that Greenwood is very much a wrong one!

Bit in bold is untrue.

McKenna got a payout because Duke breached double jeapordy rules over his NCAA suspension.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

How is it untrue?

Maybe you know more than I do, but as far as im aware, this is exactly what happened.

Because it’s been widely covered by The Athletic who laid out the timeline (and already screengrabbed in the thread)

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because it’s been widely covered by The Athletic who laid out the timeline (and already screengrabbed in the thread)

I think you might have the timeliness wrong mate.

She reported it in 2018, but only wanted to pursue a claim the following year in 2019, after the claim came out from the lassie charged with fraud.

Anyway, we are going back and forward.

Greenwood and Evans are two very different cases, just as Neymar's case against the Brazilian lassie is different again.

Its clear to all because the evidence is out there that Greenwood is a wrong one.

The public would be right to treat the Evans one differently until the facts become more clear, which they never were.

The first instance of the Neymar one in particular looks like it would be the most unreliable to demand the guy loses his career over it without more evidence.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

Imagine being such a bastard that the fuckin' Saudi's are worried you'll be bad for their public image.

"Sorry mate, Hitler thinks you're going to make him look bad".

Interesting that it didn't stop them taking Cristiano Ronaldo. 

• 2 weeks later...