Away fans at OF games

Willis

Away fans at OF games/Should the club allow the vermin back?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Does the lack of away fans cost us?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should we allow the vermin back?

• Yes but with a reduced allocation
    • Yes with the old allocation
    • Yes with a newly agreed allocation
    • No

9 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

If we ever do go back to bigger allocations then it has to be both teams with the stand behind the goal and the same percentage allocation so we give them the Broomloan with around 8000 then we get 9000 behind the goal at their place.  If they need to put a few extra breeze blocks in for segregation then so be it. 

But never at the expense of our own season ticket holders.

Agreed on the fan distribution 100%

The fact that their lapdogs like Hartson and Sutton are pushing the club line (as always) that we need to "grow up" and go back to how it was emphasises how much of an advantage they had when we were papped in a corner while they had the full end.

Under SPFL rules we must give an away allocation (Covid permitting) so no tickets is off the table. Personally I would give them a few as possible and maximise the number of bears

I get the bears who want to go to the away fixture but when that results in an advantage for them it's a no from me

Just now, SPWF said:

This is crux. The away fans think they’re better than other season ticket holders because they go to away games. It’s a stinking attitude. 

Literally nobody has said they want season ticket holders to miss out so I'm not sure how you have come to that conclusion.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah was that not a semi final? They got the Broomloan and the Govan?

But just looked it up - the two defeats in 1983 (4-2 and 2-1) they had the first couple of sections of the Govan up to the yellow section.

Aye, semi final youre right enough. It was 84 i started going properly so i cant mind that.They got the whole Broomloan, half the main stand and the west enclosure. I think it was like that right up till the 90s.

The biggest problem with big away allocations is denying regular home supporters an OF ticket.  We had 30000 at parkhead in days gone by, but that was more than we had at the vast majority of home games. Anyone interested look back at attendances for the old Ibrox Park and whilst we would have 75000+ for an OF we had plenty of really shite crowds for other games.   Low numbers of season ticket holders and other regular match attendees mean’t few regulars if any would miss out on tickets even with big away followings.

2 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Literally nobody has said they want season ticket holders to miss out so I'm not sure how you have come to that conclusion.

Some would have to accommodate even 2K away fans. 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting a return to full broomloan 

Few examples like below in Europe could be workable and keep every season ticket holder in the ground  and would allow us to have more allocation down there 

B48E31FD-D7E5-42BE-8605-A244EFFEC193.jpeg

2427BA5E-C56B-4C6D-ADCA-B6B7F8EC969E.jpeg

B299203A-C59B-4AD0-BD59-2EAD0276FEBC.jpeg

The “it works on European nights” argument is a moot point. Not every season ticket holder goes to the European games. Every season ticket holder goes to every home game, or at least is buying the option to. 

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

People are saying 2.5/3k.

5% of capacity would be good both ways, same as the European nights. 
2,500, and that gives us 3,000 at the san giro.

At home , after season tickets are taken into account, that still leaves just under 2,000 seats available (before segregation). 

48 minutes ago, SPWF said:

The “it works on European nights” argument is a moot point. Not every season ticket holder goes to the European games. Every season ticket holder goes to every home game, or at least is buying the option to. 

We have around 46 and a half thousand season ticket holders . We currently give them 800 tickets with the rest offered to non season ticket holders on mygers.

Based on these numbers the option is there for an increase from both sides where there season ticket numbers make up a similar percentage of their midden. 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

We have around 46 and a half thousand season ticket holders . We currently give them 800 tickets with the rest offered to non season ticket holders on mygers.

Based on these numbers the option is there for an increase from both sides where there season ticket numbers make up a similar percentage of their midden. 

Fuck them and fuck their midden. 

Its ridiculous suggesting they get any more than the 800 seats in the corner. Seats that are also in full view of tv cameras , unlike the seats that we get at their dump.

I would give them fuck all for good , but we will be forced into it , so it should be no more than 800.

6 hours ago, SPWF said:

Nah they wouldn't.

Segregation in the Broomloan isn’t the problem it’s just people making up absolute nonsense again. 

Brondby, Vienna and a couple of others have had part of the Broomloan. The massive metal partition goes right along BF5 which means no shared toilets etc. 

The metal fencing outside goes up 30 yards to the right hand side. If that’s harder to police then the police need told they’re around to serve the public and get paid to do so. 

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You don’t think it’s obvious people want more Celtic fans so they’ve got at least a half decent chance of getting a ticket for the biggest away game of the season?

I don’t see what the big issue folk have with folk wanting the allocations increased down there. 

Scoring and winning there is one of the best feelings you can have when it comes to following Rangers . Of course folk are going to want that chance back 

FWIW I agree that we Should be prioritising our own season ticket holders and full Broomloan Should forever be a thing of the past. But the season ticket numbers at both grounds show there is a middle ground to be found. 

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You don’t think it’s obvious people want more Celtic fans so they’ve got at least a half decent chance of getting a ticket for the biggest away game of the season?

Then they are asking the wrong club to increase allocations at the wrong ground.