A Video From Last Night

Canabear

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Know what I love about this?

I'm 36. These wee guys look about a decade/generation younger than me. I remember seeing us beat Lyon 3-0 away in a pub wae the auld boy. Here these wee guys are probably the same age watching the game in front of an expensive computer with all sorts of gadgets streaming to thousands of people live. Couldn't be more different from my setup watching the Lyon game in 2007 however those emotions, those screams, those wee tears of sheer adulation at each goal probably sounded exactly the same as me all the way back then. Great to see no matter how many things change the raw emotion of fitba stays the same.

I was the same the night we won the ECWC in 72 m8 running about with a Rangers flag waving it like a 16 yr old maddy.

Just now, Canabear said:

I was the same the night we won the ECWC in 72 m8 running about with a Rangers flag waving it like a 16 yr old maddy.

Brilliant. Lucky man to have seen what you've seen at Rangers. Proper highs and lows. Great to see the newer generations still having that same feeling when you see these wee guys and you just know the lad on the right of the video will have his wee boy learning our way of life too.

10 hours ago, ZZed said:

I was no where near as in control of my emotions as they blokes. Imagine a midaged man running around his livingroom screaming like a big girly.

The old dear that lives next door to me messaged my wife asking if everything is OK because she could hear me screaming like a banshee. 😅

53 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

He hit the nail on the head when he said he was so proud of the team.

Gio doing a fine job of continuing to put us up another step on the world stage.

With a bit of time to reflect, thats got to be the best managerial performance that I can remember in my lifetime. I’m struggling to think of another match when every decision was not only the right one but one that had an immediate, significant impact on the game.

The press, the transitions, the set pieces, the subs, the game management, clearly the team talk, everything!

It could be the making of GVB’s career as a manager

7 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

With a bit of time to reflect, thats got to be the best managerial performance that I can remember in my lifetime. I’m struggling to think of another match when every decision was not only the right one but one that had an immediate, significant impact on the game.

The press, the transitions, the set pieces, the subs, the game management, clearly the team talk, everything!

It could be the making of GVB’s career as a manager

No doubt, when you think back to other big results it's definitely up there, if any compare It's probably the Leeds games in 92/93.

The thing that impressed me was definitely our press, when Gerrard came in our press got miles better, but that on Thursday it was ahead of anything Gerrard done in Europe.

It was  like watching how Man City press tbh. 

10 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

No doubt, when you think back to other big results it's definitely up there, if any compare It's probably the Leeds games in 92/93.

The thing that impressed me was definitely our press, when Gerrard came in our press got miles better, but that on Thursday it was ahead of anything Gerrard done in Europe.

It was  like watching how Man City press tbh. 

Agreed, and topping any of Gerrard’s best performances in Europe is no easy feat. Gerrard’s impact on our European performances is going to benefit us for years to come.

I said that too, thought to myself “fuck up” then we scored the third :lol: We did it better…

As an aside, one of my favourite matches from a coaching side of things is the 9 men cup final vs St Mirren. Seeing Walter right down on the touch line throwing out water bottles, orchestrating the team chest out with every player glued to his direction, unforgettable really. You really saw how powerful his command was that day.

One of football’s greats

14 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Agreed, and topping any of Gerrard’s best performances in Europe is no easy feat. Gerrard’s impact on our European performances is going to benefit us for years to come.

I said that too, thought to myself “fuck up” then we scored the third :lol: We did it better…

As an aside, one of my favourite matches from a coaching side of things is the 9 men cup final vs St Mirren. Seeing Walter right down on the touch line throwing out water bottles, orchestrating the team chest out with every player glued to his direction, unforgettable really. You really saw how powerful his command was that day.

One of football’s greats

The difference in Gio and SG is a Gerrard team either draws 4-4 or gets beat 5-4 in that game. 

We never really sat back and the fitness levels were tested because we were still chasing all over the pitch at 85/90 mins. 

35 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

One of football’s greats

Probably the most I have seen a manager affect a game. He took the players by the scruff of the neck (figuratively) and drove them to victory.

When I saw him appear on the touchline I just knew he would not accept defeat and the players could see that as well. Class. 

5 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

The difference in Gio and SG is a Gerrard team either draws 4-4 or gets beat 5-4 in that game. 

We never really sat back and the fitness levels were tested because we were still chasing all over the pitch at 85/90 mins. 

The SG effect seems to have almost completely vanished now at villa.

8 minutes ago, Willis said:

Expected this to be a load of shite but just got to the second goal and the lads holding his wean and the other boys goin mental and its got tears in my eyes 😅 what a night, what a result

It’s fucking great the reactions from the lads mate. 👍🍻