A couple of questions

Thermopylae

Another fucking thing. The 5 fucking sub rule sucks balls.

Only in Scotland could the fucking shit-tip clubs use this as a way to make the game even more shite.

They just use the multiple subs to bring on more fucking shitey players to run directly at us at 100mph to foul us and pick up yellow cards, and timewasting.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Another fucking thing. The 5 fucking sub rule sucks balls.

Only in Scotland could the fucking shit-tip clubs use this as a way to make the game even more shite.

They just use the multiple subs to bring on more fucking shitey players to run directly at us at 100mph to foul us and pick up yellow cards, and timewasting.

The weather excuse was wild but this is absolutely next level stuff

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Weather

Pitches

Refs

Celtic supporting players try harder against us than Rangers supporting players try against them.

Christ on a bike.

Didnt say that.

I said ex-celtic players try harder against us than they do against celtic.

Sure Scott Brown running round hugging that lot whilst deliberately play acting to get Kent sent off must have just been in my mind though. Wild stuff right enough.

20 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye, but are they not getting all the decisions from the refs and also not having to deal with guys like Mulgrew and Hayes for instance playing like fucking dervishes against us.

I dont care what anyone says, ex-celtic players dont try nearly as hard against them as they do against us. There are less ex-Rangers players out there in the other teams, and the ones that are there give their all against both us and them. There is a different mentality with that lot. 

Ironically Mulgrew caused them massive problems when he was with Aberdeen.

Scored from a freekick and I’m sure he set up 3 goals when they beat them 4-2.

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Didnt say that.

I said ex-celtic players try harder against us than they do against celtic.

Sure Scott Brown running round hugging that lot whilst deliberately play acting to get Kent sent off must have just been in my mind though. Wild stuff right enough.

08AEFE13-F5FC-4F0C-9360-FABB3A380D60.gif

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

As the above poster said it’s been the norm for most of this squads time here.

All down to mentality really. Previous manager couldn’t install that in them, let’s hope this one can.

I really want to win the Scottish Cup this year. Will be fuming if we go out at QF stage for the fourth successive year.

I’d love a Scottish Cup win 

26 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Do you think some of our players don't really like the Scottish game and it's just like a chore they have to do so they can play in Europe?

I'm not sure Diallo wants to be in Scotland. He looks lost and somewhat disinterested. But then again, he scored twice today so who knows?

The rest seem committed to me.

23 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Cunts shite.

Was probably trying to miss and put it in the top corner by accident.

Aye.

I’ve said this before but we’ve only lost to Dundee United out with Celtic in 60+ league games. We did go unbeaten last season an aw.

Surely these players should be trying much harder to actually beat us?

56 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Our form in Europe comes down to the fact the opposition want to play football.

The shite in the league want to park the bus and hope for goals on the break. 

And unfortunately we don’t always cope well with the park the bus types

26 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure Diallo wants to be in Scotland. He looks lost and somewhat disinterested. But then again, he scored twice today so who knows?

The rest seem committed to me.

Today was a friendly. The guy simply refuses to engage when he is at risk of being kicked. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No its not.

We have players who are chosen with an emphasis on skill over brute force. This works on most occasions, but there are some times when the weather and pitches are particularly shite and the refs dont offer you any protection and the skill is not enough to win you a game.

If you are going to sit there and tell me that you dont think the pitches or honking weather and the shite refs allowing teams to get away with murder is not an issue, and this is just 'hipster' talk then to be honest I think you are deluded.

Our recent coaches have all come from a background of decent leagues, where the stadiums are a decent standard with good pitches and somewhat protected from the weather, with more of a footballing ethos. To expect results not to take a bit of a downturn when the weather becomes fucking wild and the pitches are like ploughed tattie fields, and just put this down to 'mentality' is too simplistic for me.

Our peak form is always in the warmer months with the better pitches. Our form goes to the dogs in the honking conditions, particularly away from home. 

You are making my point for me.

You are saying a bit of rain and some uncompromising challenges turns them into wet blankets. Half the team grew up in places like Sweden, Finland, the West Midlands, Liverpool and Yorkshire. You're making it sound like they are all from the Bahamas who grew up playing on bowling greens.

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You are making my point for me.

You are saying a bit of rain and some uncompromising challenges turns them into wet blankets. Half the team grew up in places like Sweden, Finland, the West Midlands, Liverpool and Yorkshire. You're making it sound like they are all from the Bahamas who grew up playing on bowling greens.

Aye but if you are talking about Kamara from Sweden, he came through the Arsenal Academy.

Lundstrum from Liverpool, Everton Academy.

These are players who have mostly come through academies and learned their football through proper modern training with decent facilities.

Are you honestly telling me that you dont think that absolutely honking pitches suit teams who do a punt and run tactic over a team who likes to play the ball on the deck.

Of course we dont play as well on a tattie field, and teams that are set up to punt the ball into space to hit you on the counter stand a better chance in these conditions.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye but if you are talking about Kamara from Sweden, he came through the Arsenal Academy.

Lundstrum from Liverpool, Everton Academy.

These are players who have mostly come through academies and learned their football through proper modern training with decent facilities.

Are you honestly telling me that you dont think that absolutely honking pitches suit teams who do a punt and run tactic over a team who likes to play the ball on the deck.

Of course we dont play as well on a tattie field, and teams that are set up to punt the ball into space to hit you on the counter stand a better chance in these conditions.

No I clearly meant Kamara from Finland and Helander from Sweden.

There are a shit load of players in the SPFL that have come through Premier League/Championship academies.

Take Dundee United from yesterday.

Siegrist - Villa
Edwards - Blackburn
Levitt - Man Utd
Akinola - Arsenal
Butcher - Tottenham
Freeman - Southampton

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No I clearly meant Kamara from Finland and Helander from Sweden.

There are a shit load of players in the SPFL that have come through Premier League academies.

Take Dundee United from yesterday.

Siegrist - Villa
Edwards - Blackburn
Levitt - Man Utd
Akinola - Arsenal
Butcher - Tottenham
Freeman - Southampton

Siegrist - Keepers are a bit different.

Edwards signed at 18 for Blackburn and spent most of his early years on loan to places like Rochdale. Also its Blackburn.

Levitt - Fair enough.

Akinola - Lincon and Huddersfield before Arsenal.

Butcher - Came through the ranks at places like Southend before briefly moving to Spurs then went to Hjørring and fucking Hayes & Yeading United.

Freeman - A product of the Scottish Football Association's Performance School based at St John's Roman Catholic High School in Dundee, Freeman played for Dundee United at youth level before leaving in July 2016, aged 16, to sign his first professional contract with Premier League club Southampton.[4] He suffered three serious injuries in his first two years at Southampton,[5] but was offered a new short-term contract by the club at the end of the 2018–19 season.[6] Cunt was injured too much to learn anything.