Old Firm In Australia…

Pre-sale now for Telstra users, general sale on Friday.  A bit weird that a whole stand is closed off in both matches for ticket sales when those are some of the best seats, maybe they'll sell later, but don't think I've seen it before.  The far end where they have the dedicated fan area is kind of a shit place to sit in an athletics stadium like that, no roof cover either in the front rows.  [Last time Rangers were in Sydney it shat with rain]

News coverage here today.

1769400275_Screenshot2022-03-15at23-15-48AustralianBreakingNewsHeadlinesWorldNewsOnlineSMH_com_au.png.5b8042c34ebb021341f5daea85601b19.png

2 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Pre-sale now for Telstra users, general sale on Friday.  A bit weird that a whole stand is closed off in both matches for ticket sales when those are some of the best seats, maybe they'll sell later, but don't think I've seen it before.  The far end where they have the dedicated fan area is kind of a shit place to sit in an athletics stadium like that, no roof cover either in the front rows.  [Last time Rangers were in Sydney is shat with rain]

1769400275_Screenshot2022-03-15at23-15-48AustralianBreakingNewsHeadlinesWorldNewsOnlineSMH_com_au.png.5b8042c34ebb021341f5daea85601b19.png

What’s the take on this mate? How many fans do you reckon will be  at this game if it goes ahead? 

9 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Pre-sale now for Telstra users, general sale on Friday.  A bit weird that a whole stand is closed off in both matches for ticket sales when those are some of the best seats, maybe they'll sell later, but don't think I've seen it before.  The far end where they have the dedicated fan area is kind of a shit place to sit in an athletics stadium like that, no roof cover either in the front rows.  [Last time Rangers were in Sydney it shat with rain]

Should have a riot at the Hampden semi, just to put the shit up the Ausies and give them a taste of what to expect. :hit:

15 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

From what's been said theres next to no segregation when you go buy a ticket. 

30 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

What’s the take on this mate? How many fans do you reckon will be  at this game if it goes ahead? 

Just seems odd that there's a whole stand left empty on the ticket map.  But then the first game at a smaller stadium does the same.  Suggests they will try to make it look full on TV, and then infill the other stands, but aren't confident.

So many more scum fans here though, 30% of the local economy is John Paul II wall plate production by my independent reckoning. 

I'm not sure it appeals to the real football fan base locally as a fixture, we'll see.  They're watching the EPL, La Liga, you know how it goes.

That being said, they filled it for the Edinburgh Tattoo, and I think that's the demographic they're looking for to make their money.

3 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Just seems odd that there's a whole stand left empty on the ticket map.  But then the first game at a smaller stadium does the same.  Suggests they will try to make it look full on TV, and then infill the other stands, but aren't confident.

So many more scum fans here though, 30% of the local economy is John Paul II wall plate production by my independent reckoning. 

I'm not sure it appeals to the real football fan base locally as a fixture, we'll see.  They're watching the EPL, La Liga, you know how it goes.

That being said, they filled it for the Edinburgh Tattoo, and I think that's the demographic they're looking for to make their money.

How many fans will there be? 40 thousand? 50 thousand? 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

How many fans will there be? 40 thousand? 50 thousand? 

I reckon that range is reasonable at least.  Capacity is over 80000, and they can always sell off tickets cheap last minute. 

Don't know how it will work with the World Cup coming up too, I think the World Cup starts the next day?  Depending who qualifies for that, plenty of fans won't be here. 

47 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

From what's been said theres next to no segregation when you go buy a ticket. 

Huge parts of the stadium are not segregated, basically almost all of the premium tickets along the one side of the pitch they're selling now. 

And I'm pretty sure the two premium segregated bits would have to share the same bar.

Circus this... end of .Being  politically correct by  pretending  history and rivalry can  be put aside at the whim of the promoters. "Its all just good hearted banter between the big city rivals  dont take  the  West of Scotland culture seriously they are  kidding on really"    .If the guys that fucked off to OZ think this is their chance to see a real  Old Firm game then they are gonna be  disappointed .Rangers fans dont want  this celtic fans dont want it  either .Old firm games are only important because they mean  something ,take that  away and we might as well be fucking Man City ,Chelsea or Leicester a club with no tradition that sells its fucking soul .

Since "they" like to claim we died and there's no such thing as 'The Old Firm" this is quite clearly an acknowledgement that, as far as the business of celtic FC is concerned, Rangers are very much alive and good for their business. I'm fine with our club making money as long as they don't take this too seriously.