Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

23 hours ago, The Dude said:

Unless it's something you've actually worked on then there's no organisation of who does what, who goes where, who stays back and who makes what runs etc and it just becomes a case of hump it into the area and hope someone's there.

Theres clear, visible differences between teams that train set pieces and teams that don't. Gios team is definitely the latter.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Theres clear, visible differences between teams that train set pieces and teams that don't. Gios team is definitely the latter.

Then why have we been greeting about the goalie coach doing work on set-pieces with the players? It can't be both.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Think they are far worse than what they were a year ago. Is Casper seriously taking set piece training now? :lol:

Tbh, I've no idea if Casper is or not. It's been one of those gripes I've seen constantly with little to actually back it up. FWIW, I believe he's got his A licence (as well as his goalkeeping badges) - Culshaw only got his pro licence a few months before fucking off to Villa - so it's not as if he's no idea what he's doing (if he's doing them)

9 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

How the fuck do we not know what we’re doing in January window?

Doesn’t matter how many players or who is back from injury by then we still need a centre mid and right winger regardless.

Hoping everyone is back so we can say its basically like a new team. 

24 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Doesn’t matter how many players or who is back from injury by then we still need a centre mid and right winger regardless.

With the turnover we need and are expecting we should know what we are doing in the Summer too, never mind January. Most well run clubs plan at least a couple of windows ahead. We appear to be unable to even plan a couple of weeks ahead 🙄

33 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I can only see three reasons as to why Gio would say that:

One, he’s just lying to us and he does know what we’re doing, which probably isn’t the best way to appeal to a support, the majority of which already want you gone.

Two, Wilson controls all the transfers and Gio was lying when he said it was a collective decision - refer to reason one.

Three, he isn’t being told what we’re doing in January because Wilson and the board know he won’t be in post when January comes.

Just now, The FF Snitch said:

I can only see three reasons as to why Gio would say that:

One, he’s just lying to us and he does know what we’re doing, which probably isn’t the best way to appeal to a support, especially when the majority of them already want you gone.

Two, Wilson controls all the transfers and Gio was lying when he said it was a collection decision - refer to reason one.

Three, he isn’t being told what we’re doing in January because Wilson and the board know he won’t be in post when January comes.

Four, he isn’t being told what we’re doing in January because Wilson and the board don’t know their arse from their elbow and are waiting on a “marquee loan” from the EPL.

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

With the turnover we need and are expecting we should know what we are doing in the Summer too, never mind January. Most well run clubs plan at least a couple of windows ahead. We appear to be unable to even plan a couple of weeks ahead 🙄

Hate to compare but Fat Lou Carpenter said that their plans for January are set and are now onto their summer plans.

We seen it last year, they strengthened as soon as window opened, we signed Zukowski who is now gone and we left it to last few days of window for Ramsay and by then we had dropped points at Aberdeen and Ross County where Diallo got flung in after just signing.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hate to compare but Fat Lou Carpenter said that their plans for January are set and are now onto their summer plans.

We seen it last year, they strengthened as soon as window opened, we signed Zukowski who is now gone abd we left it to last few days of window for Ramsay and by then we had dropped points at Aberdeen and Ross County where Diallo got flung in after just signing.

January was an absolute disaster for us. I got caught up in at the time but the Ramsay signing was the sort of making it a dick measuring contest that would have happened under David Murray whenever we were in a pinch and the support needed a pick me up.

No doubt our plans for the next two window are keeping our fingers crossed that Helander, Jack & Roofe break the habit of their careers here, find fitness and put together a run of games because they are good players on paper.

Honestly so scunnered with it atm mate.

19 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We were told we were planning at least a window down the line during the 55 season. 

Think last January shone a light on the reality.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

January was an absolute disaster for us. I got caught up in at the time but the Ramsay signing was the sort of making it a dick measuring contest that would have happened under David Murray whenever we were in a pinch and the support needed a pick me up.

No doubt our plans for the next two window are keeping our fingers crossed that Helander, Jack & Roofe break the habit of their careers here, find fitness and put together a run of games because they are good players on paper.

Honestly so scunnered with it atm mate.

It’s a complete shit show.

We have a lame duck manager waiting to be paid off.

We have a board who will only pay him off when it becomes necessary.

Even though the fans mostly agree that we need a new manager with personality i can’t for the life of me see that happening. I suspect the board decided after Gerrard that the DOF would have the most power with a first team coach in charge of team.

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Ffs man 

The question was more like "can you guarantee everyone will be back after the WC" and he was like.. no I cant guarantee that, which is a fair enough answer, to be honest. There are no guarantees when it comes to injuries. However.. there has got to be something seriously wrong. The board MUST see that all "their assets" are falling like flies. That would not be acceptable in any other walk of life.

Worryingly is that we badly need to trim the squad and wage bill before more additions, yet whos going to take most of these off us, especially the perma injured ones

Roofe, helander, souttar, jack, all must be costing us close to what, 3mill a year in wages, 2.5mill at least, only saving grace is we dont pay them any appearance money

Then you add in ones just not good enough, sakala, matondo, our fullbacks, kamara (if he's indeed chucked it over a move that didnt happen in summer), davis, arfield, mcgregor 

The bulk of that is crippling our wages, and were getting fuck all back from them on a regular basis

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Squad of over 30 senior players. A beyond ridiculous wage bill.

Unless there are Stevie Wonder type managers out there who could buy our duds off us we won't be doing much.

That's why the manager and board will be pushing the "injured players coming back will be like new signings" propaganda.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Worryingly is that we badly need to trim the squad and wage bill before more additions, yet whos going to take most of these off us, especially the perma injured ones

Roofe, helander, souttar, jack, all must be costing us close to what, 3mill a year in wages, 2.5mill at least, only saving grace is we dont pay them any appearance money

Then you add in ones just not good enough, sakala, matondo, our fullbacks, kamara (if he's indeed chucked it over a move that didnt happen in summer), davis, arfield, mcgregor 

The bulk of that is crippling our wages, and were getting fuck all back from them on a regular basis

I'd be very surprised if the 2 who's careers are pretty much over are still being paid by the club fully and not through the insurance. 

Souttar, Roofe and Jack will be back post WC.