Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Agreed. There’s an endless amount of reasons for Gio to go without acting like Lowry should have been playing today 

Lowry should have been playing from the start of the season instead of Davis & Arfield. That's where the problem began.

Next, you will reply that a skinny 19 yr old showed up to camp out of shape. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

And if he did show up out of shape then why should he be playing ahead of anybody? 

The pedestal you are putting him on, one which feeds like you think he’s the answer and solution to all of our problems, is extremely ridiculous tbh. 

Other more senior players returned even more out of shape than him yet were never punished for it.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Other more senior players returned even more out of shape than him yet were never punished for it.

Our esteemed captain being the best example. He looked significantly heavier at the start of this season compared to last.

Just now, The Beast said:

Our esteemed captain being the best example. He looked significantly heavier at the start of this season compared to last.

Did arfield say that we were doing more ball work and not working on fitness, players should be looking after themselves but ffs fitness levels should be thro the roof and looked after in training. 

5 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Shouldn't carry on beyond today, tomorrow at the very latest.

AGM approaching on the 6th. If they don't take the opportunity of the world cup to fucking change it, it'll be a siege of the board.

No it won't and only a fool would think otherwise.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

And if he did show up out of shape then why should he be playing ahead of anybody? 

The pedestal you are putting him on, one which feeds like you think he’s the answer and solution to all of our problems, is extremely ridiculous tbh. 

He's obviously not the full answer to our problems, but let us say he did show up out of shape. Do we just toss one of our valued assets to the side because it doesn't suit our goody-two-shoes manager's agenda or do we try to man manage him better?

He's not the only one Gio has treated poorly. Kamara is the obvious one. Sakala to a lesser extent hardly kicked a ball in the first two months. McCann hasn't really been given a chance.

No one respects him mate. Boyd's comments are spot on.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Lowry should have been playing from the start of the season instead of Davis & Arfield. That's where the problem began.

Next, you will reply that a skinny 19 yr old showed up to camp out of shape. 

I don’t understand your argument at all. He shouldn’t be starting games for the firsts after performing so badly mid week for the B side.

Just now, esquire8 said:

100% how the board will view it.

If they throw the game and it keeps the status quo in place at Ibrox that's more in their favour than a slightly bigger lead.

:shifty:

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't think we need Boyd to point out the obvious. Things haven't been right all season.

I know 'we don't' but I think for Kris to come out on the TV and say it just might make the board wonder if them backing Gio for so long is the right thing to do.

I am probably clutching at straws but it is all we have at the moment. :headwall:

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He's obviously not the full answer to our problems, but let us say he did show up out of shape. Do we just toss one of our valued assets to the side because it doesn't suit our goody-two-shoes manager's agenda or do we try to man manage him better?

He's not the only one Gio has treated poorly. Kamara is the obvious one. Sakala to a lesser extent hardly kicked a ball in the first two months. McCann hasn't really been given a chance.

No one respects him mate. Boyd's comments are spot on.

Lowry injured his calf pre season.

He played the bcd v Thistle and gave a goal away. Then he got injured. That’s why players were playing ahead of him.

When he came back he hadn’t done a pre season. He returned to training early August played a couple of games to get up to speed for the B team and got injured again in August v Dumbarton.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

That post match he knows its done. I hope in the next 24 hrs we get some news. 

Mental though how even under pressure and bad results he still sticks to the same system every week.

If that was me who was under pressure I would be noticing that my tactics are wrong and not suiting the team and doing my best to try something new or at least different. 

He comes across very boring and stubborn and fuck having a manager like that trying to motivate you with his monotone voice.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Lowry injured his calf pre season.

He played the bcd v Thistle and gave a goal away. Then he got injured. That’s why players were playing ahead of him.

When he came back he hadn’t done a pre season. He returned to training early August played a couple of games to get up to speed for the B team and got injured again in August v Dumbarton.

I guarantee you the next manager will get a lot more out of him. At least I'd hope so.

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Mental though how even under pressure and bad results he still sticks to the same system every week.

If that was me who was under pressure I would be noticing that my tactics are wrong and not suiting the team and doing my best to try something new or at least different. 

He comes across very boring and stubborn and fuck having a manager like that trying to motivate you with his monotone voice.

Imagine this in any other environment.

A head chef who insists their restaurant menu is the best menu around, but there are empty seats in their restaurant, plates returned to the kitchen because it’s minging but change nothing, just swap your sous chefs around and hope that’ll do it.