Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not buying this notion we were definitely not winning the league under Gerrard last season either.

We pumped Motherwell 6-1 away not long prior to him leaving. He also beat fatty whilst sitting at home on his couch.

Nobody will convince me we only take 1/9 from them under Gerrard. Not a chance that happens.

We took 30/39 points under him last season. That continued form have us winning the league last season and that included 4 points lost that never should have occurred. McGregor howler and the Motherwell 1-1.

Europe we were doing f all under him though.

Feel dirty defending that prick for last season.

Mate, c’mon to fuck, and use your brain man.

We were dreadful and the players chucked it. We were struggling and had a favourable set of fixtures. The Tarriers squad was in shambles.

You gonny stick up for GVB then with dropping points to Ross County and Motherwell because McGregor cost 4 out of 5 goals?

There’s absolutely zero chance, we go to Hibs, Hearts and Livi last season under the rat cunt and will all three. That was commonly said  last season on here but because things aren’t going well atm people are kidding on it was going well before GVB

I am generally on board with Knutsen's reputation and what he's seemingly done with Bodo/Glimt in Norway and in Europe but currently they are sitting 3rd in the league with a 12-5-5 record which doesn't make great reading to me. 

No context around that and I know they aren't a team who are historically supposed to be up there so might be explainable. 

Just now, Broxi said:

I am generally on board with Knutsen's reputation and what he's seemingly done with Bodo/Glimt in Norway and in Europe but currently they are sitting 3rd in the league with a 12-5-5 record which doesn't make great reading to me. 

No context around that and I know they aren't a team who are historically supposed to be up there so might be explainable. 

Pumped 4-1 at home too, not that people jumping on his bandwagon care

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

They sold Botheim and Berg, arguably their two best players.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We were dreadful and the players chucked it. We were struggling and had a favourable set of fixtures. The Tarriers squad was in shambles.

The players chucked it but we scored 10 goals in the two final league games under the prick. :lol:

Maybe use your brain and grasp this was not us under Gerrard in 2020 when that was the case, the difference is night and day and deep down you know it.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The players chucked it but we scored 10 goals in the two final league games under the prick. :lol:

Maybe use your brain and grasp this was not us under Gerrard in 2020 when that was the case, the difference is night and day and deep down you know it.

The players chucked it and were pathetic against, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, St Mirren.

We were utter garbage at the start of last season, go look back at threads and you’ll see it.

18 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I loved Gio as a player and want him to succeed with us. But it's gone very stale and one dimensional the passes at the back are fucking annoying.

I'm thinking we need a change. 

Sean Dyce is the man I feel will kick players like Kents arses into gear. 

I'm not sure Dyche is the answer. For sure, more discipline but he's renowned for his defensive teams. He would need to adapt hugely to our game up here. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The players chucked it and were pathetic against, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, St Mirren.

We were utter garbage at the start of last season, go look back at threads and you’ll see it.

You do realise we had numerous shit games under the likes of Walter that we managed to win? You're surely not expecting comfortable 38 game wins a season?

We were not pathetic against Hearts or Motherwell, we dominated both games, lets not rewrite history like it was us at home to St Johnstone under Gerrard in the 0-0 game. Thats what a real pathetic performance equates to!

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Anyone still defending the guy at this point is just an absolute clown and has their head buried that far in the sand they can see the earths core

The league will be finished if he is in charge for that Tynecastle tie 

I just don't understand how a Dutch manager/coaching team don't have a better style of play than this, it's baffling. 

Alot of the same traits are there, that were under Gerrard, the sideways, and backward passing. I'm sure though in the season we won 55 we pressed like fuck out of possession. Not every game but the majority. Gio uses that tactic even less, and it's hopeless. Sitting off teams and hoping for the best. 

Just now, TEFTONG said:

Big difference being Burnley manager and trying to stay in the EPL than being in charge of the biggest team in Scotland. 

I'm sure he would attack rather than defend up here. 

That's it yes. There's no denying he can organise a team defensively but can he attack the way we need to win the vast majority of domestic games. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You do realise we had numerous shit games under the likes of Walter that we managed to win? You're surely not expecting comfortable 38 game wins a season?

We were not pathetic against Hearts or Motherwell, we dominated both games, lets not rewrite history like it was us at home to St Johnstone under Gerrard in the 0-0 game. Thats what a real pathetic performance equates to!

Just like under Gio then? 

Hearts maybe harsh, Motherwell no. Lucky to get a draw. Needed Hibs to get a red to even get close to them that day. 

Barely any player even looked comfortable or looked like they wanted to be there, seem familiar?

People do have short memories when it comes to Gerrard. Covid literally saved his job. Hearts away and Hamilton at home were as poisonous as I’ve ever heard our support. He had St Mirren away, Leverkusen away and them at home, he’d have been finished after those 3 games. 

I do agree we’d not have been soundly beaten by them under Gerrard but then again you can’t be a professional football manager and be furious you weren’t allowed £4m to spend on Kevin Nisbet. 

Like GvB as a person but after today’s display I think there’s only one outcome now, its a question of when rather than if he goes. Thank you for last seasons cup win and getting us to the EL final. 

Still believe we should go for Fatih Terim or Mircea Lucescu, between them they’ve won 10+ league titles with Galatasaray and Shakhtar Donetsk.  

Just now, Prso's headband said:

People do have short memories when it comes to Gerrard. Covid literally saved his job. Hearts away and Hamilton at home were as poisonous as I’ve ever heard our support. He had St Mirren away, Leverkusen away and them at home, he’d have been finished after those 3 games. 

I do agree we’d not have been soundly beaten by them under Gerrard but then again you can’t be a professional football manager and be furious you weren’t allowed £4m to spend on Kevin Nisbet. 

We were soundly beaten by them under Rodgers, 1-0 going on 4/5, and then Lennon 2-0 and it was a gutless as fuck performance. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I don't think anybody on here would argue otherwise tbh.