Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

:lol:

No interest in arguing with you about it mate, I’ve always thought he was mad overrated. He’s our best wide option when he’s in form but he’s rarely consistent and he’s been well off it for ages now.

I stand by the trickery point I made aswell, he’s never actually been about that at all, other than the step overs he loves to throw in. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

No interest in arguing with you about it mate, I’ve always thought he was mad overrated. He’s our best wide option when he’s in form but he’s rarely consistent and he’s been well off it for ages now.

I stand by the trickery point I made aswell, he’s never actually been about that at all, other than the step overs he loves to throw in. 

Mate just watch that video someone posted in the thread about him. Mad you can say this.

That step over too is unplayable when he gets it right, you're talking about it as if it's Antony's spin that does fuck all.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Your comments are all valid, especially injuries.

But it is our style of play, a seeming lack of interest and effort from the players and Gio's negative comments that are the issues. Not to mention losing nine times this season, eight of them by two goals or more. Not many managers survive that.

I agree and on Sunday thought he sounded like a man who was about to throw the towel in. I honestly thought his time was up. The piss poor form started with the heavy defeat against celtic and then our champions league campaign has been disastrous.To top it all, lowly opposition Livi and St Johnstone took points off us.

But going back again to last season’s European run,  Gio showed with good players available he’s more than capable of getting great results with a team playing entertaining attacking football and he also demonstrated he was capable of changing tactics to counter other teams.

37 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate just watch that video someone posted in the thread about him. Mad you can say this.

That step over too is unplayable when he gets it right, you're talking about it as if it's Antony's spin that does fuck all.

He's got it right about 3 times in 3 seasons.

He's pish

53 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don’t need to watch a video of him, I have watched every game he has played for us this season and he has been well below par. He runs into a man more often than not when he does those step overs lately 

Have wanted him to come good for the longest time this season, but it’s at a stage now you’re wasting your time trying to defend him mate, it’s just not happening with him 

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t need to watch a video of him, I have watched every game he has played for us this season and he has been well below par. He runs into a man more often than not when he does those step overs lately 

Have wanted him to come good for the longest time this season, but it’s at a stage now you’re wasting your time trying to defend him mate, it’s just not happening with him 

Hopefully he'll find his form when we appoint a new manager. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23110947.rangers-manager-brands-brian-laudrup-comments-stupid/

Giovanni van Bronckhorst has hit back at Brian Laudrup and branded comments from the Rangers legend as ‘stupid’ following criticism this week.

We’re really just waiting for the inevitable, aren’t we?

1 minute ago, The FF Snitch said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23110947.Rangers-manager-brands-brian-laudrup-comments-stupid/

Giovanni van Bronckhorst has hit back at Brian Laudrup and branded comments from the Rangers legend as ‘stupid’ following criticism this week.

Brian Laudrup was spot on, he was also a better footballer 👍

Too many players are out of form at the same time - Kent, Kamara, Morelos, Lundstarm, Tavernier and now young Lowry.

The training methods must be all wrong and the players are not buying into them for this to happen.

The shite summer signings and the injuries play a role.

12 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Brian Laudrup was spot on, he was also a better footballer 👍

He was a forward, Gio was a left-back, there's no comparison

18 minutes ago, The FF Snitch said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23110947.rangers-manager-brands-brian-laudrup-comments-stupid/

Has felt like that for weeks 

19 minutes ago, The FF Snitch said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23110947.Rangers-manager-brands-brian-laudrup-comments-stupid/

We are indeed.  It’s only a question of how long.

Gio has the look of a wet fish when things are going wrong during a game. He’s not ripping into the team.

That lack of passion and his infamous post match interview after the first ajax game put together show exactly why the team are regressing so much both individually and collectively, he doesn’t inspire anyone.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He was a forward, Gio was a left-back, there's no comparison

In terms of ability there's no comparison.

That said Gios honking management doesn't take away from his playing days. Just like Ally 

26 minutes ago, The FF Snitch said:

Has a whiff of popcorn teeth in his death throes at the paedos tbh. He’s fully in denial about how bad it is, has mates in the media defending him (Advocaat), and now he’s arguing with ex players via the media. :lol: The guy is a fucking embarrassment. I honestly can’t stand him now. :ang:

12 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Has a whiff of popcorn teeth in his death throes at the paedos tbh. He’s fully in denial about how bad it is, has mates in the media defending him (Advocaat), and now he’s arguing with ex players via the media. :lol: The guy is a fucking embarrassment. I honestly can’t stand him now. :ang:

It seems a lot of people are worried about this season going the same way as Lennon’s last, with their board letting him limp on to (nearly) the end of the season.

One big difference for me between that season and this one (and something which I think means Gio won’t see out the year) was the lack of fans, which meant that while their supporters showed a lot of anger and some actually turned up outside the stadium, their board could still fool themselves that it was just a lunatic fringe that were wanting him gone. When your own ground is full of actual season ticket holders who are consistently voicing their displeasure about the management team and doing it directly in front of you, that’s much harder to ignore and pretend it’s a minority.

Too be honest we all love Gio ,we all wanted him to succeed because he is one of us.It’s true something’ stinks he has been  thrown under a bus transfer money wise but he has also done what happens to many managers and he dose t change things when they ain’t working ,leaves his subs too late tc.

The team fitness is beyond words,that’s not on the board or the players that’s down to the sport science team and trainers.

The fact we can’t even pass a ball to another player is also his coaching staff.

But then again as a man he has no bite or drive.He doesn’t have that wee bit of nastiness in him to make him ruthless.

I feel sorry in a way for him because his heart will be breaking knowing the show is over ,he has been greeting for sure and has he slept a wink?

In summary I think he just didn’t tick many boxes in what is required to be a modern Rangers Manager.

There will just never be another Walter Smith and that makes me greet because my heart breaks when I park my van behind Ibrox each day going to the office.