Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Btw, that text I got on Sat, which has proven to be accurate said do not be surprised if Beale is announced.

Fuck sake, would hope we are slightly more ambitious than Beale. The players checked out of his methods a year ago, somebody new please.

Shame it's ended like this - a year ago i was over the moon him and his team joined - but the results haven't been good enough and while there's some excuses down to injuries the style of play has been atrocious.

Onwards and upwards now though.

Just now, AljayBoy said:

Shame it's ended like this - a year ago i was over he moon him and his team joined - but the results haven't been good enough and while there's some excuses down to injuries the style of play has been atrocious.

Onwards and upwards now though.

This is the key for me, with the injuries I could have put up with the draws, defeats if I could see an exciting style of play developing, but there was none whatsoever.

Correct decision made, even if a few months too late.

The next manager has to be backed and have more of a say in recruitment, simple as that. If not we'll find ourselves in the same boat in another year.

Thanks for the memories Gio.

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

This is the key for me, with the injuries I could have put up with the draws, defeats if I could see an exciting style of play developing, but there was none whatsoever.

Exactly - it doesn't take a genius to throw in the injury crisis at centre half as an excuse for conceding goals, but the 'attacking' play was excruciating - here's hoping we'll never be speaking about 'the horseshoe' ever again!

Probably the first day in a fortnight where I've thought there's no point checking for news because we're definitely keeping him and then this breaks. Think they must have someone all but signed to replace him. What a pity it didn't work out - really wanted it to for GVB. 

5 minutes ago, Mor3los_1 said:

Fuck sake, would hope we are slightly more ambitious than Beale. The players checked out of his methods a year ago, somebody new please.

We lost the first goal 5 games in a row before Beale left and we were obviously struggling. 

Why would we want to repeat that?