Gerrard on Soccer Am

Rlm

1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

This reasoning will explain why most seem to retrospectively forget that Souness abandoned us during a title run-in.

Maybe the next generation will be applauding Gerrard at The Louden. 

There's plenty older guys hate souness , but he gets away with it more because it never cost us the league and the success Walter went on to have ,  wouldn't be as much animosity towards gerrard if we won the league this season 

1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

This reasoning will explain why most seem to retrospectively forget that Souness abandoned us during a title run-in.

Maybe it's the next generation who will be applauding Gerrard at The Louden. 

Quite possibly and I'm not in a position to properly comment but seems different to me because Souness wanted to stay until the summer and was told no, he had established us as the dominant team in the country and he left for his club not mid table mediocrity, if Gerrard had left for Liverpool I think most would have been annoyed still but would have understood

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Quite possibly and I'm not in a position to properly comment but seems different to me because Souness wanted to stay until the summer and was told no, he had established us as the dominant team in the country and he left for his club not mid table mediocrity, if Gerrard had left for Liverpool I think most would have been annoyed still but would have understood

When Gerrard left we were top of the league.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Won 7 trophies with us as well.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Souness by all accounts wanted to stay till the end of the season and Murray told him to just go 

Souness reputation was also ultimately saved in the long term by his replacement being Walter smith and everything he went on to achieve afterwards went on to salvage Souness reputation . If that title had been lost against Aberdeen in 91 then history and the support probably wouldn’t be as kind to Souness as we are now. 

Gerrard has fucked off in the middle of a season worth 40 million to the winners . Over time his legacy will be that . His fucking off during the night to villa will be looked back on as a major part of us fucking up a title we really should have won . How the next few years pan out could make that legacy even worse 

1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

Michael Beale and his family weren’t.

And Steven Gerrard and his family were never up north to begin with.

When were their families mentioned?

By “all” i meant Beale, Gerrard and McAllister.

1 hour ago, Monkey Butler said:

3 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

What was the alternative? Just hang around Auchenhowie by himself?

Glad Souness’ assistant decided to hang about

1 hour ago, Monkey Butler said:

Souness wanted to stay until the end of the season though. 

13 minutes ago, left winger said:

Souness was worse. I don't even think it's close. But he's welcome back whenever he wants, and one day, so will Gerrard.

I'd we go a few years being as brutal as we are now he won't.

What do people not understand about Souness wanting to stay for the whole season..

Gerrard fucked off with the first but of interest a few months into the season.

29 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

When were their families mentioned?

By “all” i meant Beale, Gerrard and McAllister.

I'm contrasting the differing levels of commitment between Michael Beale and Steven Gerrard.

One's a rat the other is a good cunt.

I think if we hadn’t beaten Aberdeen on the last day under Smith, Souness wouldn’t be so fondly remembered.  That’s the difference between them for me, Souness leaving didn’t end with us losing a league which is likely what happens this season, for which SG will never be forgiven for because it’s so monumental with the money.

However, as I said earlier, he clearly doesn’t have the hunger for trophies he suggested, he’ll win fuck all with Villa and he’s banking on being down there for the Liverpool job, which he ain’t getting on his performance now 😂