Sliding scale for VAR costs.

graeme_4

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

I'm all for VAR but in Scotland its not the rules that are the problem but the people applying them. I don't see how VAR will prevent that.

SFA/SPFL

image.thumb.png.02872180147bdc5b5a9377ea3d8a29ad.png

It will help clear up offsides and if decisions are inside outside box type incidents.

Where there's interpretation of rules required then there will still be debate, conjecture, errors and dare I say it even bias.

Not perfect but still a step in the right direction imo. 

If there's more angles to view incidents, and more reviews, then hopefully there's less hiding place for our impartial adjudicators.

5 hours ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Its underfunded because no one goes to watch the majority of the games.

It is embarrassing how poorly followed the majority of Scottish teams are. Just looking at some of the non-League attendances in England, never mind the 2nd division, shows Scottish football up for the mickey mouse set up it is. 

England has 10x the population of Scotland that's why their crowds are better. To put into perspective London has a greater population alone compared to the whole of Scotland. 

There are loads of reasons why more people don't go up here. Shite value for money and a real number of glory hunters at the diddy clubs who could massively help their clubs if they showed the same enthusiasm they do if they reach a cup final probably the main 2.

1 hour ago, docspiderman said:

For me VAR is/will be  part of the measures to ensure the laws of the game are adhered to. At the moment referees and their 3 assistants carry out that duty and I believe that they are employed by the SFA. I admit I do not know how VAR is funded in other countries but I have never seen anything to suggest clubs pay for it.

Aye but don't the clubs already pay for refs as part of the match day costs anyway? With VAR we should be getting a better service so so it makes sense that the price has to go up. Like I said I haven't a clue how it is structured but even if they added it to the fee for getting refs in ultimately the clubs will still be paying for it. 

Don't see why it needs to be imple,ented across the whole of Scottish football....Unless of course they expect the lower league teams to vote NO, which then means it doesn't get implemented full stop.

Why not just bring it in in the Primership and those teams pay for it? Fuck i'd be happy if both us and the scum paid 20% each. Knowing full well that i'd benefit us more.

It would likely make more sense to beam our pictures down south and let the English use their systems / personnel already in place and charge us back per game.

But given we have 2 controlling bodies up here who can't do the right thing for the game I'm sure that would be too much like giving up power for them.

50 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It would likely make more sense to beam our pictures down south and let the English use their systems / personnel already in place and charge us back per game.

But given we have 2 controlling bodies up here who can't do the right thing for the game I'm sure that would be too much like giving up power for them.

That would make sense regarding cost and neutrality; too much sense for our ruling bodies.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How would that work if theres games on down south at the same time? 

33 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Septic will bribe the lower league teams to vote against. 

The SPFL don’t want it, hence why they’ve given league 1&2 the vote despite there being nothing in the rules to say they need to. 

H&H called it spot on when they said it’s gerrymandering 

2 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Don't see why it needs to be imple,ented across the whole of Scottish football....Unless of course they expect the lower league teams to vote NO, which then means it doesn't get implemented full stop.

Why not just bring it in in the Primership and those teams pay for it? Fuck i'd be happy if both us and the scum paid 20% each. Knowing full well that i'd benefit us more.

It should just be a start off in the Premiership and see how it gets on.

That the lower leagues are being asked, definitely feels like an attempt to get it voted down. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It will help clear up offsides and if decisions are inside outside box type incidents.

Where there's interpretation of rules required then there will still be debate, conjecture, errors and dare I say it even bias.

If there's more angles to view incidents, and more reviews, then hopefully there's less hiding place for our impartial adjudicators.

The highlighted part is what I hope for as well.  

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

We are both probably paranoid, but that crossed me mind when I found out the lower leagues have a vote on it. :sad:

I don’t understand why the lower leagues have to vote on it. Maybe    it will be used in LC and SC games if they play against PL teams? 
Fuck knows, but yet again if the vote fails it’s Scottish football in the fucking dark ages if it happens. 🤬🤬

2 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

The fact that it isn't being implemented across the whole of Scottish football, it's only Premiership games that will have it, just highlights how ridiculous it is that every member club gets a vote.

12 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I don’t understand why the lower leagues have to vote on it. Maybe    it will be used in LC and SC games if they play against PL teams? 
Fuck knows, but yet again if the vote fails it’s Scottish football in the fucking dark ages if it happens. 🤬🤬

It seems crazy if they are not paying for it, but I always feel there is a reason for these things that happen in Scottish football and never anything to help Rangers. Paranoid loyal. 

44 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If it doesn't get implemented because Div 1 & 2 voted under 75%, we will be the laughing stock of Europe.

Who comes up with these criteria is at it big time.

We already are a laughing stock around Europe. This would just be another chapter. 

Even if the argument was it's use in LC and SC games. English football simply had it that only game at premier league team grounds would implement it.

Hate acting paranoid but this absolutely screams of a way to get it voted down. 

I did laugh when I read that under 18 (and even under 14) games were being used in the 'trials'.

Apologies to many but, as an ex-ref, if you cant do an under 14/18 game without VAR you shouldn't be a ref.

VAR was introduced because of the speed of the game (under 14's...really?) and the style of play/tactics used at a professional level that posed particular challenges to professional referees.

If you're going to trial it....do it right.

Dont tell me that it was a success in a 17yr old's league game

19 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I hear you and hope for the same, but I'm too old and cynical to believe it will lead to better. I'm sure they'll find a way to implement it that they still get what they want, their approach will be not to show the VAR replay to everyone else or some other dumbfuck idea.

15 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

I did laugh when I read that under 18 (and even under 14) games were being used in the 'trials'.

Apologies to many but, as an ex-ref, if you cant do an under 14/18 game without VAR you shouldn't be a ref.

VAR was introduced because of the speed of the game (under 14's...really?) and the style of play/tactics used at a professional level that posed particular challenges to professional referees.

If you're going to trial it....do it right.

Dont tell me that it was a success in a 17yr old's league game

It's not about them needing it for u14-u18s games but that officials need to have a set amount of time using it in 'live' situations before they are qualified to use VAR in 'proper' games. Because there's a lack of officials from Scotland on the FIFA lists, there are very few who have undergone the training to use VAR.

On 12/04/2022 at 11:17, graeme_4 said:

I think Scotland has a much higher attendance per person than the rest of the UK. The issue is we’ve far too many clubs and leagues for the size of 

2 teams take up over 2/3 of the support. That's the only reason our figures look semi-decent. Outside of that, it's a clusterfuck and getting worse.

On 12/04/2022 at 16:31, Ross-Gazza genius said:

England has 10x the population of Scotland that's why their crowds are better. To put into perspective London has a greater population alone compared to the whole of Scotland. 

True, but I have gone to non-League games down south with crowds of over 4000. Non-League. We struggle to get that at some Premiership games. Outside of half a dozen clubs, our club support is shit.