World Snooker Championships 2022

It’s been on for just under a week but starting to hot up now .2nd Round starts today .

There seems to be a campaign to move away from The Crucible from some of the bigger names .

Reckon a move would take something away from the iconic tournament .Even the championships played during lockdown without crowds were still played there .

10 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Leave it at the Cruicible that is snookers home. 

There must be something going on in the background .Too many are coming out with negative comments regarding The Crucible .Too small ,not fit for purpose .

Its worked fine for 45 years now ,I reckon if they moved it to somewhere else Snooker would lose something it would never get back .

Its almost as Iconic as Augusta for Golf ,Wimbledon for tennis and Aintree for the Grand National .

6 hours ago, magic8ball said:

There must be something going on in the background .Too many are coming out with negative comments regarding The Crucible .Too small ,not fit for purpose .

Its worked fine for 45 years now ,I reckon if they moved it to somewhere else Snooker would lose something it would never get back .

Its almost as Iconic as Augusta for Golf ,Wimbledon for tennis and Aintree for the Grand National .

I wonder if the costs are too much and World Snooker are trying to smear the theatre and lower the price. 

There's something big happening I wonder if it is possible that Wembley or the O2 or somewhere have offered them a chance to have the world championships there. 

34 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I wonder if the costs are too much and World Snooker are trying to smear the theatre and lower the price. 

There's something big happening I wonder if it is possible that Wembley or the O2 or somewhere have offered them a chance to have the world championships there. 

I think the contract is coming to an end and due for renewal.I remember when it was last up for renewal there was plenty interest from China to take the tournament.

There would be a list as long as both your arms of venues that would want the tournament.

Snooker is far more international now than it ever was in the past ,So maybe moving it around would be an option .

I used to play back in the day and I knew most of the Scottish guys that played there in the 90s and for the guys I knew playing at the crucible was a career goal and highlight .I have no doubt the up and comers from around the world now aspire to playing there .

Well that’s my bet fucked .Bet Robertson from the start .

Yan Bingtao for me now .Don’t think O’Sullivan ,Williams or John “Spot Fixer” Higgins have enough to win 3 tough matches in a row  anymore .Trump isn’t as good as he was a couple of years ago .