The VAR decision against us

RangersMedia

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I think these days a handball + penalty = yellow card 

No chance man, the ball has smashed off another player from a yard 🤣🤣🤣

And came up and struck Goldsons raised arm , i would be shouting for it if it was us , all about opinions.......

5 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

The decision to award a penalty for that was shocking but our players reaction to it being awarded was shocking too. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure it was mostly hush hush from even Goldson himself. That’s what really worries me. 

To be fair he was booked which in itself compounded the misery, if he started to mouth off he could easily have got a red, for all the difference it would have made.

4 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

To be fair he was booked which in itself compounded the misery, if he started to mouth off he could easily have got a red, for all the difference it would have made.

Well I don’t mean mouth off but your allowed within reason to protest. Where was tav, lundstrum mcglaughlin etc.. they should have told the ref he’s made a mistake. The whole team just accepted it ffs. I don’t accept a penalty at 5s without a protest. 

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Someone from the management team should have been in the refs ear at the touchline. 

Someone from the management team should have been in Barisic, Sands, Jack, Kamara and Matondos ear never mind the ref. They aren’t the most animated bunch at the best of times.

Shocking decision. How can a deflection where the ball is going away from goal and hits an arm less than 1m away be a penalty?! Joke.

If they want that to be foul then a dropped ball or indirect freekick it should be. 

1 minute ago, GaryMc said:

Shocking decision. How can a deflection where the ball is going away from goal and hits an arm less than 1m away be a penalty?! Joke.

If they want that to be foul then a dropped ball or indirect freekick it should be. 

It’s not a foul and not a penalty, the referees have got it wrong per the rules 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It’s not a foul and not a penalty, the referees have got it wrong per the rules 

Yeah definitely. I'm just meaning even if they changed the rule to make it some sort of a foul then it still shouldn't be a penalty.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

The decision to award a penalty for that was shocking but our players reaction to it being awarded was shocking too. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure it was mostly hush hush from even Goldson himself. That’s what really worries me. 

This 100%.

Even during the game. Why is there no pressure on the referee. I love Tav but I feel like a world class captain is already in the refs ear before he is at the monitor about the absurdity of giving a penalty. Explaining that Goldson’s arm is down when the shot is taken etc.

We should have been surrounding him with pressure. It’s part of the game. The ref gave us nothing tonight and we let him.

And Gio again weak as anything. Barely said a word after the offside decision at the weekend. celtic last year came out very vocally about the referees and it worked in their favour. Refs were scared senseless to give anything against them.

We need to stop rolling over and wanting our bellies tickled

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

With VAR going to get good and bad calls. It's not going to fix every issue. 

Tonight was shocking and its more down to an incompetent official who can't apply the rules of the game. 

VAR is pish and just another step down the route to Americanise our sport. How long before we have ad breaks and manager challenges.

Cant celebrate a goal these days without some stupid wait while they pore over the film looking for some infringement to justify their existence. If it is to be used at all they should have a maximum of 5 seconds to look for an OBVIOUS error or the on field decision should stand

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

This 100%.

Even during the game. Why is there no pressure on the referee. I love Tav but I feel like a world class captain is already in the refs ear before he is at the monitor about the absurdity of giving a penalty. Explaining that Goldson’s arm is down when the shot is taken etc.

We should have been surrounding him with pressure. It’s part of the game. The ref gave us nothing tonight and we let him.

And Gio again weak as anything. Barely said a word after the offside decision at the weekend. celtic last year came out very vocally about the referees and it worked in their favour. Refs were scared senseless to give anything against them.

We need to stop rolling over and wanting our bellies tickled

Ive been saying this for years mate. Gerrard eventually twigged and got in the officials faces a couple of times. 

Horrific decision, if thats a pen then we may as well just award every single hand ball in the box as a pen, there's no way shape of form Goldson can do anything about that, a ricochet from about½ of a yard at most with the ball going away from the goal mouth. Ridiculous 

8 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We can’t complain we wanted VAR, it was a harsh decision but I suppose in the refs eyes Goldson had his arm up and that’s all he needed to see.

How can we not complain by the laws of the game it’s not a penalty.  It’s the exact same situation as tannadice last season. 

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's incredible we're only a couple of games in and already 3 huge decisions have gone against us. If we didn't have bad luck and all that...

I’m a firm believer in you make your own luck .Doesn’t always work that way .But look at last season when we did get a couple of 50/50s in the EL .We we’re playing with far more urgency than last night .

Saying that though ,The VAR decision wasn’t bad luck ,It was professional refs not knowing the rules .That’s just incompetence.

9 hours ago, Dickie said:

They’ve ruined football with the changes to offside and handball.

It’s the constant changes that’s the problem .Too much being changed to suit VAR .The playing on till play stops after a blatant offside is my biggest bugbear ,At some point a player will get injured in a passage of play that should already have been stopped .