*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I think half the time the crowd are looking for him to run into trouble. He's clearly under instruction not to overlap. Not to take men towards Kent. Cause if he does that you remove Kent's ability get one on one with defenders.

With Kent, a man that beats players, in front of you, you play differently to how you would play on Tav's side.

I don't believe he's been told to do that at all and even if he had, he's not passing forward to Kent or anyone else enough which is the point, he's turning backwards. Whether he is overlapping or not is irrelevant, he's not passing up to them either (as much as he could have been doing)

Not saying he's the worst or a massive problem btw, just putting my two pence in about the crowd frustration 

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Barisic is putting in some decent balls 

The only one doing it too, while obviously having been told not to get too far forward. Quite funny seeing his captain moaning at him while being absolutely atrocious himself.

But anyway, fucksakeBornasidewaysslowinitdoon.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Until we get to the stage (if ever) where we don't usually need to qualify for group stages we'll always have this problem, unless we do more recruitment in the January window.

Im kinda unsure whether this is the correct way, getting in youngsters with 50 games or so to get straight into the team. I know we have to buy cheap and sell big to ballance the books, but time will tell. After Diallo youngsters we bring in are getting me worried. Hope im wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Exactly, there are two pouncing on him every time he gets it.

His touch has been pretty poor which is a fair comment from those who have made it but he's still looking dangerous if we get it to him in the right areas with support.

Be tempted to switch him and Tillman and get him over on the right just to drag them about a bit.