Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Horse

Bolted.

We’d still have two of our most important players on extended contracts, and have sold one for £10m.

Your scenario is indeed a possibility, a rather negative take…hopefully.

We’re quite good at that tbf, only 4 weeks ago I was reading about this being our best transfer window ever, now we see some of the drivel on here after a draw…mainly down to a scumbag referee

6 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

We’d still have two of our most important players on extended contracts, and have sold one for £10m.

Your scenario is indeed a possibility, a rather negative take…hopefully.

We’re quite good at that tbf, only 4 weeks ago I was reading about this being our best transfer window ever, now we see some of the drivel on here after a draw…mainly down to a scumbag referee

I’m pretty sure the club know the answer re-Morelos tbh.

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's no crossover between Ball and Weir/Carroll.

Also worth pointing out that Ball spent a long time out injured before being restricted on when he could play because we were due to make a further payment of 500k if he made a set number of appearances for us (60). Once that was sorted, he was back in the side regularly.

You'd be surprised at the shite folk make up on forums.

Making up shite 🤣 do I come across like someone who cares what anyone on here thinks about me? They used to go on about Ball buying a Bentley and then deciding he didn't like it so giving it away to missus etc. That was the sort of shite they were impressed by. 

It must have been a legacy story if they weren't there at the same time, it was 15 years ago, I can barely remember.

They were impressed by Roy Carrol swaggering about the gym in sliders/flop flops and his indifference to the gaffer not giving a fuck.

Daniel Cousin used to get slaughtered as he had called out the drinking culture as unprofessional. 

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Making up shite 🤣 do I come across like someone who cares what anyone on here thinks about me? They used to go on about Ball buying a Bentley and then deciding he didn't like it so giving it away to missus etc. That was the sort of shite they were impressed by. 

It must have been a legacy story if they weren't there at the same time, it was 15 years ago, I can barely remember.

They were impressed by Roy Carrol swaggering about the gym in sliders/flop flops and his indifference to the gaffer not giving a fuck.

Daniel Cousin used to get slaughtered as he had called out the drinking culture as unprofessional. 

You can 'barely remember' whether Ball and Weir were at the club at the same time but can remember wee boys being impressed by Roy Carroll's sliders? :lol:

2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Stats do not provide the full context, for example Morelos was regularly left out against the against bottom 3/4 teams especially at Ibrox as Defoe was brought in for these games to give him game time. Morelos numbers would improve given the level of opposition I'm sure even the biggest of his critics would admit. 

Colak looks like he will be more than good enough against the standard SPFL drivel however let's not kid ourselves on he was brought in as 2nd choice, if he was brought as Morelos replacement it would of been a different story.

I’ve got to be honest mate, I actually do think Colak was brought in as a replacement for AM.  Only the club know, but I don’t see him as a back up for AM

11 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Still don’t see how that makes them wasters though.

Ball when he played was decent enough and Carroll was always going to be a back up/reserve keeper who actually ended up back in the Premier League that season.

8 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Still don’t see how that makes them wasters though.

Ball when he played was decent enough and Carroll was always going to be a back up/reserve keeper who actually ended up back in the Premier League that season.

Maybe 'wasters' was a bit strong but it was their negative  behaviours that they found impressive - lack of professionalism, cutting corners and getting away with it. And the behaviours they weren't impressed with- self discipline, longevity etc

48 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

8 weeks to lose 5/6 lbs? Not a chance. I lost 9 lbs in 30 days and all I did was run 5km every single day. As a professional athlete it should take him less time.

Fuck it you’re on the bench this weekend ,straight replacement for el hippo.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

Are you having difficulty reading what I've posted? It's all in there 

It is all in there.

"young players used to look up to wasters like Michael Ball with his flash cars and Roy Carrol for his cash etc and mock David Weir for being a consumate professional"

Players looked up to Michael Ball while mocking David Weir, despite the Ball and Weir's spells at Ibrox being separated by a gap of two years. :lol:

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It is all in there.

"young players used to look up to wasters like Michael Ball with his flash cars and Roy Carrol for his cash etc and mock David Weir for being a consumate professional"

Players looked up to Michael Ball while mocking David Weir, despite the Ball and Weir's spells at Ibrox being separated by a gap of two years. :lol:

Yes,  that is correct. Players are human beings, not gold fish. They obviously have memories spans that last longer than a few years.

I know it might be hard for you to get your head around, when you consider the you couldn't manage to get your head around the fact morelos was fat and ill disciplined.....until he got bombed out the team for being.....fat and ill disciplined. 🤣

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Yes,  that is correct. Players are human beings, not gold fish. They obviously have memories spans that last longer than a few years.

I know it might be hard for you to get your head around, when you consider the you couldn't manage to get your head around the fact morelos was fat and ill disciplined.....until he got bombed out the team for being.....fat and ill disciplined. 🤣

Bombed out the team for being fat, while playing for the team and being fat.. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

No, I can't get my head around our management and coaching team playing a player they claim is 'fat and ill disciplined' before bombing him out of a game worth 30m to us for being 'fat and ill disciplined'.

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You’ve been on here slamming Kent for the past 2 months so in your eyes he’s worth fuck all anyway  :lol:

Longer than 2 months tbf but i don’t really think my opinion on here would be factored into the clubs thinking tbh.

4 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

He has been shite. Nearly cost us at home v the Belgian mob by a shite sideways pass to the striker. Jon saved us that one

Ducking out of the way if the ball v psv and hibs

Misplaced passes to opposition that they have not capitalised on.

There are many instances this season of him being shite and costing us or nearly costing us.

Never wanted him to sign a new deal, and was pissed off he did so. Never puts his body on the line to block crosses or shots.

Anyway I have taken this off topic. Sorry

Now it becomes clear why you're being over-critical of him. I've got lots more to add but agree we're going off topic. Happy to discuss in the Goldson thread although I don't think either of us are going to change our minds so maybe better leaving it as is.