Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Ok, I’ll bite.

When we won 55 Morelos scored 11 goals in 25 games and was credited with 4 assists. He scored 17 goals in 44 appearances o/all.

Colak has scored 2 in 4 league games, should have been 3 in 4 had there not been a shitty offside decision. He’s scored 4 in 7 (should have been 5) including 2 goals in Europe in 3 games in a team we all agree aren’t firing on all cylinders. 

What makes you think we will be in a materially worse position if Colak is our main striker?

Because he's nowhere near the same level of player in terms of his all round game. At times he can be like a man down in terms of his lack of involvement in play or ability for the ball to stick up top.

He's doing fine and ticking us along contributing with goals at the minute but his levels are lower than Morelos'.

Struggling to see how this is even in question.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because Morelos literally creates goals from absolutely nothing. Colak needs everything other than the finish done for him

Does he?

He bullies defenders all over the place, and can occupy a back four on his own. Hold up play is absolutely second to none, but he’s never struck me as a guy who regularly creates his own goals from nothing though.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Does he?

He bullies defenders all over the place, and can occupy a back four on his own. Hold up play is absolutely second to none, but he’s never struck me as a guy who regularly creates his own goals from nothing though.

Yes, absolutely 

44 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Also saying Mcgregor would have been part of conversation about ditching him :lol: 

GvB says in the press conference that there is a "leadership group" and that he speaks to them often about a variety of issues.

You'd have to assume McGregor would definitely be in that group alongside Tav, Goldson, Arfield and Davis.

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Does he?

Can't be serious :lol:

29 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We had Roofe and Defoe that season aswell. We have literally only got Colak now 

I appreciate that (we've still got Roofe by the way: he only played 19 league game sin 20/21)., but thats not what i asked. I was asking why we wont be winning the league with Colak as our main striker? 

14 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

GvB says in the press conference that there is a "leadership group" and that he speaks to them often about a variety of issues.

You'd have to assume McGregor would definitely be in that group alongside Tav, Goldson, Arfield and Davis.

My point was more that Like Boydy criticising about weight, Mcgregor best sit out when it comes to off field behaviour.

30 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because Morelos literally creates goals from absolutely nothing. Colak needs everything other than the finish done for him

Pretty sure Colak wont need to create goals from absolutely nothing. He's a penalty box striker. Morelos lacks any sort of composure a lot of the time. All things considered, one's a real penalty box striker, the other a real nuisance for defenders and creates his own chances. Given the right service both will bring you goals so dont honestly see what the big fear is about replacing Morelos with Colak. Different story if he looked like he couldn't score in a bucket of fannies but he looks like he'll do damage.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

You’ve shared the pressers in another post - have you not watched them?

Essentially says what he did was stupid on Saturday, great player when he’s fit, isn’t helping us as much as he can do at the moment, needs to get back to it. 

Was that Morelos he was talking about or himself?

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Pretty sure Colak wont need to create goals from absolutely nothing. He's a penalty box striker. Morelos lacks any sort of composure a lot of the time. All things considered, one's a real penalty box striker, the other a real nuisance for defenders and creates his own chances. Given the right service both will bring you goals so dont honestly see what the big fear is about replacing Morelos with Colak. Different story if he looked like he couldn't score in a bucket of fannies but he looks like he'll do damage.

Because Morelos has carried us on his back for parts of his time here by creating goals and bullying whole defences, Colak relies on a team to do all the hard work

31 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Because he's nowhere near the same level of player in terms of his all round game. At times he can be like a man down in terms of his lack of involvement in play or ability for the ball to stick up top.

He's doing fine and ticking us along contributing with goals at the minute but his levels are lower than Morelos'.

Struggling to see how this is even in question.

Bet Colak doesn't get suspended as much, or drastically loose form, or go absent after international duty, or down tools, or appear out of condition.

It's a forum. If you state someone isn't going to win us the league then surely you would expect somronr yo question such a black and white statement.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because Morelos has carried us on his back for parts of his time here by creating goals and bullying whole defences, Colak relies on a team to do all the hard work

We don't know what Colak is capable of yet mate, with coaching. Why shouldn't he rely on the people behind him to do the hard work? The guy's a striker.

1 hour ago, JimmyCR1 said:

If he can spend the next few months getting himself back into the shape of an athlete and buckle his petulant behaviour. I’m all for that. He’s still young enough to go as far as he wants as a football, it all depends on the choices he makes over the next year or two.

He isn't that far off fitness.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's not carried us on his back, behave yourself man.

Has he had good games? Yes

Has he bullied defences? Yes

Has his temperament been targeted by defences? Yes

Has he had excellent games? Yes

Has he had dire games? Yes

Has he cost us games? Yes

Has he scored a lot of goals? Yes

Has he missed a lot of sitters? Yes.

Has he missed a lot of games through ill discipline? Yes

Has he drastically lost form? Yes

Has he displayed a complete disregard for his team mates? Yes

Let's not get all misty eyed and forget whilst he has contributed, we've only one two trophies in his 5 years at the club, and he only played one game (and didnt score) in the Scottish Cup winning run. 

14 minutes ago, beararse said:

I appreciate that (we've still got Roofe by the way: he only played 19 league game sin 20/21)., but thats not what i asked. I was asking why we wont be winning the league with Colak as our main striker? 

Are you seriously advocating that we set sail as the window closes with one fit striker, an overweight basket case and a waster who has missed more games than he has played?

We need to buy TWO strikers (or one and promote someone like Lovelace) because there are enough tarriers playing for other SPFL clubs only too willing to put Colak on a stretcher like young Lowry.

11 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Are you seriously advocating that we set sail as the window closes with one fit striker, an overweight basket case and a waster who has missed more games than he has played?

We need to buy TWO strikers (or one and promote someone like Lovelace) because there are enough tarriers playing for other SPFL clubs only too willing to put Colak on a stretcher like young Lowry.

Nope, i'm not. Never said that at any point. Just because we replace Morelos with Colak doesn't mean we shouldn't have other striking options. I was asking why someone thinks we won't win the league IF we replace Morelos with Colak as our MAIN striker, not our only striker.

(EDIT: by the way, I really like him but id get shot of Roofe who's way too injury prone) 

7 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

We don't know what Colak is capable of yet mate, with coaching. Why shouldn't he rely on the people behind him to do the hard work? The guy's a striker.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with his style mate, it’s us though and we’ll need a striker to do more than stand in the box a lot of games.

7 hours ago, The No.9 said:

The mass majority of his goals are shocker… taps in and penalty box chances created by team mates lol people in here talking like he’s Messi annihilating teams defences himself 

Spot on. Imagine his goal tally if he didn't fuck up as many gilt edged chances?

Folk seem to be blind to his limitations simply because he rag dolls defenders. Yes, he's scored a fair amount of goals and his link up play has been excellent at times. Some of his finishing tho' has been absolutely shocking. He's certainly not irreplaceable like some on here are suggesting.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with his style mate, it’s us though and we’ll need a striker to do more than stand in the box a lot of games.

I'm hearing Ally in my head doing commentary. "Back post at a corner or a cross, you hang about in about there and you're getting a goal, absalutely no question about it. It's a great great goal." 

27 minutes ago, beararse said:

Spot on. Imagine his goal tally if he didn't fuck up as many gilt edged chances?

Folk seem to be blinded by his limitations simply because he rag dolls defenders. Yes, he's scored a fair amount of goals and his link up play has been excellent at times. Some of his finishing tho' has been absolutely shocking. He's certainly not irreplaceable like some on here are suggesting.

If he had scored all the chances he has missed he wouldn't have been at Rangers in the first instance and wouldn't have only cost £1 million.