McCrorie

sassaaaa

24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Same as they did with his brother who I think should have got a chance.

Btw, he’s running the midfield for the sheep and described by Willie Millar as a Rolls Royce player 🤷‍♂️ 

Future captain after strolling it against the Tarriers, and then dropped next game so that we could change formation and fit in an unfit Steven Davis :lol: 

I don't know if he's good enough - as he can't shift two other keepers who aren't good enough, it suggests he isn't.

In his 2 matches for us, he did well. Now that doesn't mean he'd do well over a season. If our next two matches were a league cup match and a home league game against the likes of St Mirren, I'd be tempted to start him. But Ajax and the sheep? It might make him, but it might break him!

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

I don't know if he's good enough - as he can't shift two other keepers who aren't good enough, it suggests he isn't.

In his 2 matches for us, he did well. Now that doesn't mean he'd do well over a season. If our next two matches were a league cup match and a home league game against the likes of St Mirren, I'd be tempted to start him. But Ajax and the sheep? It might make him, but it might break him!

This is kind of how things work with us, call to put him in, he makes a mess of it he gets slaughtered. It's always a gamble when the bulk of our games are big games, and we can't afford to lose any of them. We also need a defense that is capable of protecting a goalkeeper, with injuries etc. we don't have that just now.

1 minute ago, cstamomusa said:

This is kind of how things work with us, call to put him in, he makes a mess of it he gets slaughtered. It's always a gamble when the bulk of our games are big games, and we can't afford to lose any of them. We also need a defense that is capable of protecting a goalkeeper, with injuries etc. we don't have that just now.

Always think the more experienced players step up when there are youngsters in the team (albeit against qots but think arfield) as it almost makes them concentrate on the whole game/team as opposed to their own individual role at times, as you say big games coming up so wouldn't throw mccrorie in anyhow but if no improvement over next few games defo something to think about 

It's the same arguement the tarriers had when they had Barkas and the other 2 fuds 

It'll eventually lead to buying a new goalkeeper, as should have been done months ago

Only thing that's a cert is McLaughlin needs benched for the foreseeable, if that means McCrorie or even McGregor so be it.

3 hours ago, left winger said:

The only way to find out is to play him. Worth a shot since we know the 2 alternatives are not the answer sadly.

9 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

If he was the best in training then he'd have been selected at the beginning of the season. Gio obviously doesn't want him near the team.

He obviously didn’t want Davis near the team until yesterday.

Fatboy Morelos surely couldn’t have been great in training but was still picked.

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

He obviously didn’t want Davis near the team until yesterday.

Fatboy Morelos surely couldn’t have been great in training but was still picked.

Where does the Davis comment come from?

Gio said Morelos had come back with a better attitude and in training. But he isn't match fit.

1 minute ago, MorelosRangers said:

Where does the Davis comment come from?

Gio said Morelos had come back with a better attitude and in training. But he isn't match fit.

You were saying that gio wouldn’t pick someone who wasn’t doing the business in training so he hasn’t been picking Davis up until that shite yesterday.

Gio chose to play Morelos when by his own admission he wasn’t in good condition and had a cunt of an attitude. Fatboy still isn’t fit and was sweating like an altar boy being asked to stay after mass 5 minutes after coming on and no way did one week change his fitness levels.

4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

You were saying that gio wouldn’t pick someone who wasn’t doing the business in training so he hasn’t been picking Davis up until that shite yesterday.

Gio chose to play Morelos when by his own admission he wasn’t in good condition and had a cunt of an attitude. Fatboy still isn’t fit and was sweating like an altar boy being asked to stay after mass 5 minutes after coming on and no way did one week change his fitness levels.

To be fair Davis played in recent league games and also PSV at home and QOS. 

Morelos i agree with. He was brought on at hibs when Gio admitted about the attitude and fitness issues....that is concerning.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Returned for preseason in bad shape supposedly. 

Understatement that. He’s fortunate to still be at the club he came back in such bad shape. Couldn’t train for the first chunk of pre season and didn’t travel to Portugal. 

I said in the cup game against queen of the south mccrorie should have been played and got pelters. I can only judge him on his limited opportunities but looked brilliant in the old firm he was chucked into. I've heard he had a poor spell at Livingston but we can do worse than give him a chance. He's about 6"2 also so could help with coming off his line at corners.

Worryingly I think we have too many "senior players" in the dressing room like McGregor Davis etc and that can cause problems, especially when a young lad comes into replace one of the old guard. Might be absolutely shite I'm talking but some decisions, mainly the old guys getting new contracts seem to me to be to not unsettle the group rather than based on ability.