The other mob

MisterC

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Still been assessed by VAR, as said above. Nothing 'goes' to VAR. VAR sits and watches literally everything and assesses whether the referee needs to have another look or an objective mistake has been made.

Everything isn't being assessed by var...hence the reason it is being claimed that they aren't re-refereeing games...it definitely seems to have changed when you consider the goal Man City got chopped off at Anfield and then you look at Frances first goal against England, var clearly isn't assessing everything as you say, it was discussed at the time that var isn't there  as I said re- referee games, in truth bud it does all seem fucked up from one week to another 

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

VAR have still assessed it in your scenario, though.

And where did you read the bit in bold? Not saying it's not true, but curious to see where that was confirmed.

Just what I was hearing during the world cup, I was shocked last night when basically that shirt pull wasn't then given as a penalty, apparently it is because it's not deemed a clear & obvious error, like I said it does all seem as if it is getting made up as they go along:lol:

9 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Everything isn't being assessed by var...hence the reason it is being claimed that they aren't re-refereeing games...it definitely seems to have changed when you consider the goal Man City got chopped off at Anfield and then you look at Frances first goal against England, var clearly isn't assessing everything as you say, it was discussed at the time that var isn't there  as I said re- referee games, in truth bud it does all seem fucked up from one week to another 

That's not why they claim they aren't re refereeing. They claim that because their remit is for clear and obvious mistakes, but you have to assess literally everything to find those.

VAR sits watching and assessing the entire game, deciding if it's within its remit to call it to the attention of the referee or objectively call a decision wrong (offsides). It's factually wrong to say anything 'goes' to VAR, as if VAR are sitting having a coffee until someone tells them they might want to have a look at something.

It's simply a fact that they assess everything and decide if it falls within their remit. 'Goes to VAR' is meaningless. 'Referred to the referee' isn't.

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Everything is assessed, you're getting a bit mixed up.

The above incidents were assessed but not overruled. There's a difference.

The not 're-refereeing' principle refers to over turning decisions which aren't obvious or a clear and obvious error. But in order to decide if that's the case then they still need to be assessed in the first place. 

3 hours ago, wully said:

Screenshot_20221228_133640_Sky Sports.jpg

Just seen that on sky news there. Its at the point now where there not jammy with there signings they actually have a clue what there doing. They must have brought some amount in the last 2 years from players sales. Fucking sickening. 

22 minutes ago, Finny said:

Just seen that on sky news there. Its at the point now where there not jammy with there signings they actually have a clue what there doing. They must have brought some amount in the last 2 years from players sales. Fucking sickening. 

Reckon they probably spend 2m+ on most of their signings? Would expect their success to be greater? Since Gerrqrd took over we must have had about a dozen players that have cost us 2m+, however other than maybe Goldson, Colak and arguably Kent would any of them be considered a success? We wont be making any money back on any of them either. 

That dumpy little cunt needs punted from his role asap.

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Everything is assessed, you're getting a bit mixed up.

The above incidents were assessed but not overruled. There's a difference.

The not 're-refereeing' principle refers to over turning decisions which aren't obvious or a clear and obvious error. But in order to decide if that's the case then they still need to be assessed in the first place. 

So are you saying that in the last minute of the Chelsea game last night the ref awards a free kick to Bournemouth which is from a complete dive....are you saying var assessed that incident?

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Reckon they probably spend 2m+ on most of their signings? Would expect their success to be greater? Since Gerrqrd took over we must have had about a dozen players that have cost us 2m+, however other than maybe Goldson, Colak and arguably Kent would any of them be considered a success? We wont be making any money back on any of them either. 

That dumpy little cunt needs punted from his role asap.

A get that mate and that's the annoying thing. Then on the other hand you have people moaning about 4.5 Mill for Tillman. The scouting department needs ripped apart and the medical department can join them. 

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

So are you saying that in the last minute of the Chelsea game last night the ref awards a free kick to Bournemouth which is from a complete dive....are you saying var assessed that incident?

Yes. The VAR officials watch and assess every single thing that happens on the pitch. They're not assessing it for a missed dive, though. They're assessing it the same way they do everything; for things that fall within their remit. 

I'm not entirely sure what you think the VAR team is doing throughout a match, or when it 'goes to VAR' who you think takes it there. Obviously nothing 'goes' to VAR', it's just that they've picked up an incident that falls within their remit, having been observing and assessing the play.

Nothing 'goes to VAR'. VAR picks up incidents that it must deal with. It can only do this by continually assessing play.

20 hours ago, Finny said:

They’re finding some good players but Juranovic is nowhere near the standard of Chelsea or Barcelona. Would be a good signing for Southampton. 

12 hours ago, Inigo said:

Yes. The VAR officials watch and assess every single thing that happens on the pitch. They're not assessing it for a missed dive, though. They're assessing it the same way they do everything; for things that fall within their remit. 

I'm not entirely sure what you think the VAR team is doing throughout a match, or when it 'goes to VAR' who you think takes it there. Obviously nothing 'goes' to VAR', it's just that they've picked up an incident that falls within their remit, having been observing and assessing the play.

Nothing 'goes to VAR'. VAR picks up incidents that it must deal with. It can only do this by continually assessing play.

Obviously they are sitting watching the whole game but why would they be assessing that incident, under the var rules that I understand the referees decision is the only decision on this instance that can stand, it cannot be over ruled, now if it was a couple of yards further in I'm assuming the ref would have awarded a penalty....then imo that decision would then get assessed.....outside the box they are Obviously watching it but they are powerless to interfere as it isn't in place to give out yellow cards(which is wrong imo)that's how I'm failing to see why you think they are assessing every single bit of play when the system is only in place to make calls on certain decisions within a game

19 hours ago, Finny said:

A get that mate and that's the annoying thing. Then on the other hand you have people moaning about 4.5 Mill for Tillman. The scouting department needs ripped apart and the medical department can join them. 

Does John Park no work for us now? Guy that discovered wanyama that used to listen to tarrier games in his mud hut on the wireless? 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Obviously they are sitting watching the whole game but why would they be assessing that incident, under the var rules that I understand the referees decision is the only decision on this instance that can stand, it cannot be over ruled, now if it was a couple of yards further in I'm assuming the ref would have awarded a penalty....then imo that decision would then get assessed.....outside the box they are Obviously watching it but they are powerless to interfere as it isn't in place to give out yellow cards(which is wrong imo)that's how I'm failing to see why you think they are assessing every single bit of play when the system is only in place to make calls on certain decisions within a game

They're assessing everything to decide if any mistake is made that falls within their remit ergo 'goes to VAR' or 'they went to VAR for that' has no meaning, since VAR is essentially a continuous process. That is to say, you can only find mistakes if you're watching and assessing literally every moment. The only alternative to that is that they're not watching and assessing every moment and relying on some other individual to say 'you might wanna have a look at this one', which obviously makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't know how else to say this, but it's factually the way VAR works. Continual assessment, not 'going to VAR'.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

They're assessing everything to decide if any mistake is made that falls within their remit ergo 'goes to VAR' or 'they went to VAR for that' has no meaning, since VAR is essentially a continuous process. That is to say, you can only find mistakes if you're watching and assessing literally every moment. The only alternative to that is that they're not watching and assessing every moment and relying on some other individual to say 'you might wanna have a look at this one', which obviously makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't know how else to say this, but it's factually the way VAR works. Continual assessment, not 'going to VAR'.

I think where the “going to VAR” confusion comes from is that’s what the commentators say .Sometimes they say there is a VAR check going on .

I still don’t think we have come to a final set of rules regarding VAR ,We have seen tweaks over the last few years ,not all of them for the best .Some of the handballs just now seem to take the still picture as evidence and don’t get the context .

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

I think where the “going to VAR” confusion comes from is that’s what the commentators say .Sometimes they say there is a VAR check going on .

I still don’t think we have come to a final set of rules regarding VAR ,We have seen tweaks over the last few years ,not all of them for the best .Some of the handballs just now seem to take the still picture as evidence and don’t get the context .

Oh, you're probably right. Commentators use confusing language regarding it all the time. 'Going to VAR' is one of them. They confuse themselves then criticise VAR for the confusion they've caused themselves. 

Essentially VAR works this way...

1/ Continual assessing play.

2/ Identifies a potential mistake during that process, resulting in an extended 'VAR check'.

3/ Incident is referred to the referee or not.

Other than things like objective offsides obv.