The other mob

MisterC

10 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

If they pay settlements surely sanctions from the SFA and SPFL must come next? You can not have the 2nd biggest club in your country pay £x millions to victims as a settlement and then just let it lie? 

Absolutely no chance. 

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Well David goodwillie has found it difficult to get a club despite having never been found guilty in a court of law which is what they’ll claim has never happened to them 

Aye but paying a settlement shows liability. I’m not paying for someone else’s car insurance claim that has fuck all to do with me. We all know they have buried this for 40 plus years. The should at least be charged with bringing the game into disrepute as a start. 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Aye but paying a settlement shows liability. I’m not paying for someone else’s car insurance claim that has fuck all to do with me. We all know they have buried this for 40 plus years. The should at least be charged with bringing the game into disrepute as a start. 

It doesn't

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Scandalous if they do payout and no serious repercussions are handed out from our countries footballing bodies. 

No chance they've got fans in every organisation going, the SFA, judiciary, government, media will continue to black out any negative link to them.

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Because they know if it goes to court they will be found guilty.

Which is admitting liability in my book. Oh fuck I better pay this before my dirty washing is aired…. You might think different but this is why this is happening. 

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Well it’s up to us to bombard the authorities then if they do agree a settlement. 

I've always wondered how many things were kept quiet and made to go away considering they have/had some powerful people either working for them or supporting them.

John Reid while a cabinet minister and that evil criminal of a First Minister being the big two.

Also heard the rumours of Gerry McCann working as youth team physio but that's irrelevant to the current topic and haven't seen any definitive proof of that. 

29 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Scandalous if they do payout and no serious repercussions are handed out from our countries footballing bodies. 

I think they’ll have taken all that into consideration, that’s why they’re doing it, they’ll have assurances 

41 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Which is admitting liability in my book. Oh fuck I better pay this before my dirty washing is aired…. You might think different but this is why this is happening. 

We all know why it's happening. Doesn't mean they will be punished for it.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

If they pay settlements surely sanctions from the SFA and SPFL must come next? You can not have the 2nd biggest club in your country pay £x millions to victims as a settlement and then just let it lie? 

Peter Lawwell of the SFA and SPFL sanctioning Peter Lawwell of Celtic FC. 

Yeah......

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Peter Lawwell of the SFA and SPFL sanctioning Peter Lawwell of celtic FC. 

Yeah......

He is not the only person on the boards though. If they pay a settlement we need to demand they have sanctions brought against them. They can’t bury this for this amount of time and then we all just go okay time to move on. If the shoe was on the other foot what do you think would happen? 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

He is not the only person on the boards though. If they pay a settlement we need to demand they have sanctions brought against them. They can’t bury this for this amount of time and then we all just go okay time to move on. If the shoe was on the other foot what do you think would happen? 

Scottish football has refused to even investigate it. You are living on another planet expecting them to face sporting sanctions.

57 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

You’re confusing what will happen with what should happen.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Scottish football has refused to even investigate it. You are living on another planet expecting them to face sporting sanctions.

Okay so that’s it then specky? If they pay out your saying we should all just wipe our hands with it and say aye okay we’re done here? Ffs man I despair I really do. 

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

You’re confusing what will happen with what should happen.

And we as a fan base can’t change that perception? We nearly went out of business for using a fucking tax loophole that celtic amongst other UK clubs also used. What your saying will happen if we do zero about it that’s for sure. 

It will be scandalous, but Scotland is run by the SNP/loony Greens and the FM is a tarrier fan.

The best we can hope for is that the victims get reasonable compensation and it puts a dent in their finances, but my guess is it will be a small enough amount that will not really effect them. I would love to be wrong with all that, but I have no faith in anything else happening.

Yes it is scandalous but there's not a hope in hell of any kind of sporting sanctions going against them.

They'll have long laid the groundwork to make sure that doesn't happen. 

The victims hopefully get compensation and the closure they deserve. 

I'd like to think thier sponsors would look at this and start pulling out but again feel like that's not happening.