The other mob

MisterC

Not an unexpected result for them today but again it frustrates me that their signings immediately settle and contribute. Admittedly one goal was a penalty but again they’ve not hesitated to bring in younger Scottish players from the league. We used to do that. 

Just watched those two penalty decisions, as much as it pains me to say it, both VAR calls were 100% right, the Scales one does look like a hand in real time in fairness, but when it's super slowed down you can see it actually comes off his shoulder/top of his arm, the Penrice one was just totally idiotic, seen a few Hearts fans comparing it to Barron's handball, but Barron had his arm tucked in, Penrice has his hands outstretched.

21 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Just watched those two penalty decisions, as much as it pains me to say it, both VAR calls were 100% right, the Scales one does look like a hand in real time in fairness, but when it's super slowed down you can see it actually comes off his shoulder/top of his arm, the Penrice one was just totally idiotic, seen a few Hearts fans comparing it to Barron's handball, but Barron had his arm tucked in, Penrice has his hands outstretched.

Fair enough with regard to the correct decisions ultimately being made, but lets be honest here, Callum McGregor could do a Billy the Fish type flying save, brilliantly plucking the net bound ball from the air with both hands and then bowl to ball out to a team mate, and no penalty would be given. In domestic games, other teams just do not get penalties at The Piggery.

44 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Top of the arm is handball. It'll be interesting to hear the audio from it.

7 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Top of the arm is handball. It'll be interesting to hear the audio from it.

When talking about handball, "Top of the Arm" is commonly known as above the t-shirt line, and the league badges are accepted as the cut off point, so anything below the shoulder and on/above the badges is what's meant by 'Top of the Arm'

I'm sure that'll be definitely highlighted in Collum's VAR review next month.

39 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Fair enough with regard to the correct decisions ultimately being made, but lets be honest here, Callum McGregor could do a Billy the Fish type flying save, brilliantly plucking the net bound ball from the air with both hands and then bowl to ball out to a team mate, and no penalty would be given. In domestic games, other teams just do not get penalties at The Piggery.

They never conceded a pen at the piggery last season, they did concede three there the season before, and at least two of them caused a meltdown from memory. 😂

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

When talking about handball, "Top of the Arm" is commonly known as above the t-shirt line, and the league badges are accepted as the cut off point, so anything below the shoulder and on/above the badges is what's meant by 'Top of the Arm'

I'm sure that'll be definitely highlighted in Collum's VAR review next month.

The t shirt line isn't a rule. It's the armpit that is the reference point.

image.png.497c62d8e6f75a3459c29319440eacae.png

20 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The t shirt line isn't a rule. It's the armpit that is the reference point.

image.png.497c62d8e6f75a3459c29319440eacae.png

"Commonly known", refs on TV speak about this constantly, the Laws of the Game state armpit as the reference point, but refs have consistently used the t-shirt line as something for fans to visually understand and comprehend, You're being deliberately obtuse here, whats the point?

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

"Commonly known", refs on TV speak about this constantly, the Laws of the Game state armpit as the reference point, but refs have consistently used the t-shirt line as something for fans to visually understand and comprehend, You're being deliberately obtuse here, whats the point?

I'm not being deliberately anything. That's the rule. That's what refs apply.

If the penalty was overturned for that reason then it has to be clear and obvious. I've not seen any image that shows it clearly hits only the shoulder and not any part of the arm.

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I'm not being deliberately anything. That's the rule. That's what refs apply.

If the penalty was overturned for that reason then it has to be clear and obvious. I've not seen any image that shows it clearly hits only the shoulder and not any part of the arm.

Mate the footage is there on sportscene super slowed down, the ball hit his shoulder/t-shirt line/opposite side of his armpit, whatever description makes you feel less pedantic, and that's what made it a clear and obvious error, if that happens to Propper today we're all saying the same thing.