Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If he doesn’t beat Aberdeen next weekend I think he’s gone.

The change needs to happen NOW

no ifs, buTs or maybes.

There a chance to save the league.

2 or 3 weeks and it's fucked.

We all know that the only way is down, he has lost the fans and the dressing toom

25 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The change needs to happen NOW

no ifs, buTs or maybes.

There a chance to save the league.

2 or 3 weeks and it's fucked.

We all know that the only way is down, he has lost the fans and the dressing toom

It’s probably fucked now regardless.

If we sack him it’s probably two or three weeks until somebody new is in post and that means relying on some B team jobber to take the team in the interim.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

What has Thomson done in management to be under considderation as a future Rangers boss?

Nothing. But I would like to see what he can do as part of the coaching staff.

I would like to have an approach at the football club of developing our own managerial talent as well as the playing talent. The approach of appointing managers has been a lottery. Caixinha, GVB, Warburton, even Gerrard. All massive gambles. I get that appointing a manager is always a coin toss but having our talent being developed seems prudent to me

Thomson has a great attitude to the game, he gets what it means to play for Rangers and learned great lessons from Walter among others. He seems to be doing good things at grass root coaching.  Would love for him to develop the basic skills. 

just an opinion. 

2 hours ago, left winger said:

I don't see why an experienced epl manager would take our job on a 'till the end of the season basis', when they would probably get an epl one after Xmas on better terms.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t. There would have to be a possibility that they could make the job theirs long term if they perform. Bit of a win win situation really but who knows. 

52 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If he doesn’t beat Aberdeen next weekend I think he’s gone.

But what's the point, we won't win the title with this guy. Beat Aberdeen win a few more, draw win a few more lose to celtic. All playing abysmal football with no passion. 

And if we don't beat Aberdeen the new guy has no chance of the title. If we go further behind than this it's over.

10 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

But what's the point, we won't win the title with this guy. Beat Aberdeen win a few more, draw win a few more lose to celtic. All playing abysmal football with no passion. 

And if we don't beat Aberdeen the new guy has no chance of the title. If we go further behind than this it's over.

Do you think we’ve got more chance of beating Aberdeen if David McCallum is in the dugout next weekend, because I certainly don’t.

32 minutes ago, writingranger said:

It's all very well choosing managers who are great with championship or lower epl teams, in reality they do not have the constant scrutiny and pressure to win and win well every match. 

Bollocks, a good manager gets the best out of what he has. The leprechaun big eck Chesney had won fuck all prior to going to old firm. Walter had never been a manager.

We have a guy who won titles his whole career playing and 1 as a manager and he's well short.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Do you think we’ve got more chance of beating Aberdeen if David McCallum is in the dugout next weekend, because I certainly don’t.

Can't we get a permanent manager? I mean surely it's been looked at since parkhead, we must have 1 or 2 in mind.

We need a manager that can get the best out what's available to him. I doubt very much the board invest in the squad again this season once gio is paid off. 

Knutsen and Dyche do tick that box. 

Knutsen took a side in Bodo-Glimt that weren't fancied to 2 league titles. This season but results have dropped.

Dyche not only kept Burnley up at one point he got them up to 7th and into Europe for the first time since the 70s. But his inability to change approach eventually got him sacked.

Both come with risks but no manager available to us comes without some kind of gamble.