Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

17 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Can't see him getting it tbh, definitely be someone who's had more experience than him I think, nothing against wee Davie, think he's a good character.

Nothing against him other than the fact of him being a massive criminal lucky enough to be in a job at Livi.

Absolutely no way should a guy with that kind of record be anywhere near our coaching staff never mind having the top job.

Im all for giving cunts a second chance in life, but I draw the line at getting a chance at our club.

23 minutes ago, ayro said:

Any reason why we wouldn’t consider Jon Dahl Tomasson?

He has 8 losses in the Championship with Blackburn and is contracted to 2025 but has greater experience than Michael Beale from his time at Malmo, national team and worked as an assistant in the Netherlands.

Think he acted the cunt when we were playing against him.

41 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Been overlooked by Villa, Southampton and Wolves and turned down Bournemouth. Coming to us and proving he can adapt would be a good thing for his reputation in terms of attracting a better calibre of team in the EPL.

I fully agree.

I think it would be a good move for us and him, I just dont think it will happen.

I genuinely dont think that people from England in particular realise how big a job it is until they are in it.

Even then, the lure back to the EPL is far too strong most of the time.

Like you say though, I think he is going to have to take the choice between a yoyo club down there and doing something a bit different, like coming to us. I just suspect that when it comes down to it, he would go for the former.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nothing against him other than the fact of him being a massive criminal lucky enough to be in a job at Livi.

Absolutely no way should a guy with that kind of record be anywhere near our coaching staff never mind having the top job.

Im all for giving cunts a second chance in life, but I draw the line at getting a chance at our club.

I agree but it's more to do with the experience than the criminality, everyone anyone 😂

19 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I fully agree.

I think it would be a good move for us and him, I just dont think it will happen.

I genuinely dont think that people from England in particular realise how big a job it is until they are in it.

Even then, the lure back to the EPL is far too strong most of the time.

Like you say though, I think he is going to have to take the choice between a yoyo club down there and doing something a bit different, like coming to us. I just suspect that when it comes down to it, he would go for the former.

When the time comes & whoever we are seriously linked with, they will be in contact with SG, Gio & Warbutron to get the low down on the managers job at Ibrox. 

38 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think he acted the cunt when we were playing against him.

He brought up our financial situation saying we needed it more than them blah blah.

Tbh I don’t mind a bit of tactical mind games rather than the pish of respecting the opposition, difficult opponents football cliches that we get ad nauseum.

1 hour ago, Kylegib said:

You may be falling in to the trap believing he can play a different style, has he ever been at a club managing and playing an attractive style of football. I'm not saying he couldn't but I can only remember him managing Burnley and there style of football was horrendous not that ours is great at the moment. 

As I said. His teams are set up to survive - not win

42 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You're not then are you?

That said we should be aiming higher than Martindale. I'm not against appointing a Scottish manager from another Scottish club as we have done in the past with McLeish but they need to have more experience. Cutting your teeth at Livingston isn't enough for me. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

You're not then are you?

That said we should be aiming higher than Martindale. I'm not against appointing a Scottish manager from another Scottish club as we have done in the past with McLeish but they need to have more experience. Cutting your teeth at Livingston isn't enough for me. 

Yes I am.

I dont think the cunt should be left desolate and on the streets or rotting in a cell for the rest of his life.

I do think there should be a ceiling though. I dont think he should be able to reach the heights of one of the most high profile roles in the country earning more money than any of us could almost dream of whilst being a role model to kids etc.

I have no issues with him however making a good living being a manager at Livi.

Not for us though, there I draw the line. 

2 hours ago, ayro said:

Any reason why we wouldn’t consider Jon Dahl Tomasson?

He has 8 losses in the Championship with Blackburn and is contracted to 2025 but has greater experience than Michael Beale from his time at Malmo, national team and worked as an assistant in the Netherlands.

We’re not paying 5-6 million to get rid of Gio and his staff then paying compensation for another manager.

it’ll be someone cheap to buy out or someone out a job.

I get the clamour for Dyche. He wouldn’t take any half arsed performances or sulking. And would demand high standards. 

But the job is bigger than just the need for a motivator now. A total overhaul of the squad is needed. With that will come the need to identify and bring in 7-8 new faces over the next few windows. As well as being capable of having a win % close to 90%.

He doesn’t have a career of winning titles. Very different managing relegation fodder and back to the wall teams vs beating St Johnstone every week. And he isn’t going to bring a great knowledge of transfer wheeling and dealing where we can exploit some hidden gems in some over looked leagues. 

There’s definitely a Scottish mentality of placing so much importance on winning 50/50 battles. When in reality we’ve dropped points this season primarily on personnel, formation, shape, inability to create chances. 

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My point is he’s managed two teams in survival mode. 
He has never managed a team fighting for silverware 

Arteta has never managed at any level.

Have a look at the list of managers who failed to keep their team in the premiership.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yes I am.

I dont think the cunt should be left desolate and on the streets or rotting in a cell for the rest of his life.

I do think there should be a ceiling though. I dont think he should be able to reach the heights of one of the most high profile roles in the country earning more money than any of us could almost dream of whilst being a role model to kids etc.

I have no issues with him however making a good living being a manager at Livi.

Not for us though, there I draw the line. 

I'm not promoting Martindale as we should be aiming higher however it has nothing to do with his criminal record. He's made a mistake in life like we all do and he's paid his dues for doing so it certainly shouldn't be held against him forever.