Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If Wilson is involved in recruitment there is no plan b. 

Gio got the job because our support wanted him badly. I'll never be convinced other candidates were on the table.

That shows there was no real forward thinking when Gerrard went. 

Fuck knows what kind of candidates Wilson would go looking for. 

In hindsight... Lampard would have been a better choice.

42 minutes ago, RD.1872 said:

Has to Mick Beale before its too late. Currently on the same upward trajectory as Potter albeit early days.

Knows the club and has the respect of the players, which the current incumbent clearly doesn't.

No brainer for me.

So basically Gerrard, who was on a downward trajectory with us (and in management in general), without the gravitas 

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The entire executive board and Park Jr need gone before we even think about a new manager.

Or would most of you like Wilson to pick the next manager? Specky Robertson have digs at the support? Blair fuck up the legal shit? Dickson make a mess of the finances?

There'll be another heavily scripted interview out from the board telling us for 45 minutes it was a real Rangers performance and we can't spend on the squad as we're painting a few things and getting some shiny posters around the stadium for £3m so we should shut up and stop moaning.

We're a shambles on and off the pitch and it really feels we're a cup exit or another pumping off the scum away from a complete meltdown with the fans either being vocal about it or not turning up at all.

46 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

Dont think we would have many applications if we were to sack Gio. Teams an absolute mess and the boards a shambles.Who would want to come to this is more the question.

Somebody will always fancy managing Rangers. It’s up to them to suss out the board as future employers which is maybe where we’ll lose people. AGM should be interesting. 

12 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Would him or anybody else be any worse than GVB ?

We are a half decent Europa League team, if the board were serious about trying to compete in the CL we would have spent some money.

Board are happy to be a EL team, that's the problem. 

If we got Pep Guardiola it still wouldn't change the fact that our whole defence is a shambles. 

It was amateurs against pros in that second half tonight and highlighted just what sort of level our player are at. 

It hurts too much at the moment to answer this.

Maybe in the cold light of day, I can get my head round tonight as my major worry (other than the result) is Goldstone.

But will the board sack and pay off GVB and his backroom staff?

1 minute ago, HuistraHairDo said:

We are a half decent Europa League team, if the board were serious about trying to compete in the CL we would have spent some money.

Board are happy to be a EL team, that's the problem. 

If we got Pep Guardiola it still wouldn't change the fact that our whole defence is a shambles. 

It was amateurs against pros in that second half tonight and highlighted just what sort of level our player are at. 

We WERE. If we played with the same lack of press or intensity and punted the bal up the park like an SPL team, as we are doing now, we woulda been found out in the EL too.

A new manager has got to come with a fresh outlook on things, regardless of who it is.

We had Warburton who played a 4-3-3 of Waghorn - Miller & Dodoo/Forrester I think it was at the time & had 'attacking' fullbacks in Tav/Declan John fs

We went to Gerrard who played a very similar style but seemed to install a bit of fight in the team, got us believing and we steamrolled teams, that's what got us the title, nothing ground breaking, just a decent setup.

Then we brought in Gio who surprise surprise plays a 4-3-3 except its the most negative you'll ever see...genuinely love to see how many time Colak touched the ball tonight, fucking crazy how isolated he was & his signings are beyond belief.

We sign the manager based on who can be arsed coming to Rangers rather than looking at the person and deciding they'd be a good fit to build a squad with our budget,