Lazy

scottyc06

10 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Go on then, what is your expert opinion? Don't bore us now...

Simple and short. Beaten by a team that are the best in their own league. Are real contenders for the CL. Yet we had a chance to pull one back. And then who knows. Anyway, Fuck Europe now. It's gone. I am certain we will do a lot better next season. Well, We have to !.

10 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Go on then, what is your expert opinion? Don't bore us now...

Coaching and emphasis on a fitness regime. Clear communication about each players role and responsibilities and a strategy to beat the opposition in full knowledge of the oppositions methods/tactics

I’ll even chuck in predicting the opposition’s reaction to attack and defend. 

Good enough of did you fall asleep?

33 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Not having that, our fitness levels from March until the Scottish Cup final were extraordinary better than anything Gerrard produced....I just haven't the foggiest what has changed.....we are just so slow and ponderous in everything we do....I actually am sick watching us slip from one shit inept performance to another 

Arfield said this pre season under gio was a lot more ball work than running about etc and therefore suggesting less running than say a Gerrard pre season.

4 minutes ago, CraigRangers9 said:

Simple and short. Beaten by a team that are the best in their own league. Are real contenders for the CL. Yet we had a chance to pull one back. And then who knows. Anyway, Fuck Europe now. It's gone. I am certain we will do a lot better next season. Well, We have to !.

Thank fuck Gio won't be at the steering wheel.

1 hour ago, CraigRangers9 said:

Laziness and not trying are the most boring comments made by people.

What would you call the effort this team puts in? You surely never watched that and thought this team have payed everything on the line tonight?! 🥴 Wether that’s on a personal level or how they are set up it’s clearly not the levels we expect! 

9 minutes ago, CraigRangers9 said:

And your explanation for our last two league games? Where we were again short on effort? Were they real contenders for the league? 

46 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Not having that, our fitness levels from March until the Scottish Cup final were extraordinary better than anything Gerrard produced....I just haven't the foggiest what has changed.....we are just so slow and ponderous in everything we do....I actually am sick watching us slip from one shit inept performance to another 

Fitness isn’t just an on / off thing. It takes months to build up (and subsequently lose).

I think what we saw at the end of last season was that Gerrard overworked the players in terms of fitness (which led to the mid season tail-offs) and Gio puts much less emphasis on fitness work so the players had built up an incredible level of fitness in the preaseason / first half of the season and then were not being over loaded in terms of fitness for the second half. The number of games we had at the tail end of the season were enough to keep the high levels of fitness we had built up under Gerrard ticking over. We then had a summer off and a less intense preseason and the fitness levels have generally dropped.

It is the same kind of concept as a sprinter training for the Olympics will have a two / three year plan working up to it to be in peak condition to run in the Olympics. If they don’t put the work in early enough they don’t have a good base level of fitness and if they cram all their training in at the end they can’t perform to their maximum as the body doesn’t have enough time to recover.

No idea what to do off the ball. No attempt to hunt in packs and press, and the wrong players picked to do that. Just a shambles.

No emphasis on fitness training, and for all the 'ball work' we are supposed to be doing we have the likes of Tav that cant pass to a blue shirt from 10 yards.

Just now, CraigRangers9 said:

Yes. Was trying to be ok with you. Does not matter what gets said on here when all is said and done. All hidden ids. People like you ruin a forum like this. Last word from me is.......

Don’t leave me hanging like this… what is the last word from you? 

One thing that is a fact is that we don’t cover as much ground this season as we have previously. Personally there are two reasons for that. We’ve lost our two most athletic players in Aribo and Bassey. Even watching Aribo against Arsenal the other day he works his arse off. Bassey too was up and down when playing left back. The other reason I feel it’s down is that we stand off teams. Even in the league we have no press. If you press you are going to have to run more. The lack of press then makes it difficult to have the same energy in attack. You can’t play lethargic football then all of a sudden burst into life, physically and mentally it’s not going to happen. That’s down to poor tactics and game-plan, assuming we do have a game-plan and tactics.