World Cup - Qatar 2022

G.E.C.

2 hours ago, Madina said:

Was actually nice to see Croatia celebrating finishing 3rd. They're a small country punching well above their weight. Borna looked made up so hopefully comes back to us on a high

Smaller than us yet produce players we can only dream of these days. It just proves it’s not about population size but all about skilful players not developing in the thuggish hoof ball that passes for a game in Scotland.

49 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Smaller than us yet produce players we can only dream of these days. It just proves it’s not about population size but all about skilful players not developing in the thuggish hoof ball that passes for a game in Scotland.

So true! Our coaching of kids had been a disgrace for years.I remember watching my kids at the end of a coaching school day. Half pitch used and the SFA coach, a former international centre back, just kept on screaming “launch it,” so the ball went from one end to the other and only the big lads at the back touched the ball in the quarter hour I waited.I-asked my kids what else they did before I turned up and they took a few free kicks, a few kicks with a moving ball, a lot of running and the rest was other versions of what I saw.My grandson goes to coaching sessions with Spartans in Edinburgh and it seems to be skill based with drills emphasis on control and touch and small sided games which he loves. Hopefully, we are progressing at last from the negative approach that has hampered the development of skilful forwards for 30 odd years.

Well todays the day, cannae remember bein caught up in thoughts for a World Cup Final so much.

I hope Messi achieves his dream, that little boy who they said couldn’t  make it because of his growth deficiency has gone on to give us so much, this is our last chance ta watch the wizard on the world stage, he’s been an absolute joy to watch for nearly two decades, the game will miss him. I would so love to see the wee man lift that cup later today. 

I got this image in ma head of the greats that have passed up in heaven, Moore, Eusebio, Cruyff, Best, and of course Diego pulling up their chairs to watch their fellow genius saying “ Vamos Leo”

enjoy evryone 👍🏼

10 hours ago, AGC123 said:

Tomorrow I will be routing for France 🇫🇷, the falklands go against the arges but despite how much I detested Macron his tribute our late great Queen swings it. Viva le France 🇫🇷 

You may want to read this if you think the Falklands go against Argentina 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17256975

10 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Excited for this today, want Argentina to win. Mainly for Messi, loved watching him over the years and deserves it. Also two ante post bets of Argentina and Argentina/Messi to win golden ball, so that helps. 

Me too pal 🙏🏼

2A793B08-52C0-4DFD-B1BF-D7A3538E055F.jpeg