World Cup - Qatar 2022

G.E.C.

Blatter, 86, was president of world football's governing body when Qatar was awarded the tournament in 2010. He stated that additional "social and cultural conditions" for potential host countries were introduced after the decision, and that no such checks were in place during Qatar's bid.

The Swiss also said that 

Starting to hate this world cup before it has started 

12 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Blatter, 86, was president of world football's governing body when Qatar was awarded the tournament in 2010. He stated that additional "social and cultural conditions" for potential host countries were introduced after the decision, and that no such checks were in place during Qatar's bid.

The Swiss also said that 

At the time, Australia went out in the first round with 1 vote to Qatar's 11, because Australia just doesn't have Qatar's je ne sais quoi. 

If only Australia had thought to stick visitors in shipping containers in the desert, as we have desert too.  If anything we have more desert than Qatar.

1020182245_Screenshot2022-11-21at00-08-532018and2022FIFAWorldCupbids-Wikipedia.png.1a562e69f30e6119537d73475f6d45ca.png

4 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

At the time, Australia went out in the first round with 1 vote to Qatar's 11, because Australia just doesn't have Qatar's je ne sais quoi. 

If only Australia had thought to stick visitors in shipping containers in the desert, as we have desert too.  If anything we have more desert than Qatar.

1020182245_Screenshot2022-11-21at00-08-532018and2022FIFAWorldCupbids-Wikipedia.png.1a562e69f30e6119537d73475f6d45ca.png

But Oz didn't have brown envelopes !

48 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

The Swiss also said that 

Ignore the politics and wait for the football to start. That's all I'm interested in. If the whole political side of it was that big a deal a lot, it not all nations would have vetoed thus a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

A Winter WC has seen many big names out due to injury. Another reason why Qatar is a shambles.

Can't really blame Qatar for players being injured, however I'm not so sure they are really injured tho but are choosing not to play in that country.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

England, France, Holland, and Argentina all to win their 3 group games. 50/1.

I’ve said for a while Denmark finish above France so expecting that to fuck me.

I backed Denmark to win their group on that predictor sheet.

Think they beat France twice in the nations league as well.