World Cup - Qatar 2022

G.E.C.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11442203/Qatar-want-alcohol-sales-World-Cup-stadiums-BANNED.html

Members of Fifa should be looked into and fuckin jailed for allowing this place to host anything. Bribery ,  corruption and human greed is the reason this is over there.

6 minutes ago, mark1963 said:

Seeing reports of an alcohol ban in stadiums at the last moment, Budweiser will sue Fifa ,what a shit show.

Having lived in the Middle East, rules can just seemingly change on a whim.

Policing, local council, business, and even government level rules and decisions can at times just seem a bit randomly generated. Everything from speed limits, to opening times of government buildings. 

Arabs, who occupy the decision making levels, like to work short hours and often have little interest in doing the job (not all but many). Any Qatari wanting to work, will automatically go into a top 10% job...... Regardless of ability, experience or merit.

Very frustrating place to work and get things done.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Having lived in the Middle East, rules can just seemingly change on a whim.

Policing, local council, business, and even government level rules and decisions can at times just seem a bit randomly generated. Everything from speed limits, to opening times of government buildings. 

Arabs, who occupy the decision making levels, like to work short hours and often have little interest in doing the job (not all but many). Any Qatari wanting to work, will automatically go into a top 10% job...... Regardless of ability, experience or merit.

Very frustrating place to work and get things done.

Spot on , most of them are work shy thick bastards , thats why they get western brains to design everything in their country , and a workforce from whatever poverty ridden country they want.

22 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Spot on , most of them are work shy thick bastards , thats why they get western brains to design everything in their country , and a workforce from whatever poverty ridden country they want.

I had a local who I was to mentor. Young guy, who was 23. He had been educated over in the USA (can't remember the university, but it wasn't one of the famous ones). He wasn't thick, but definitely very, very, lazy. In the 6mths I had him he never did any more than 16hrs in a week. Comes into work driving a +£100k G-Wagon, and mainly just goes around eating and talking. Be lucky if he spent 2hrs a week with me, failed at every task I ever gave him (but being paid 2.5x more than me)........ And 3yrs later he is vice president (they like to use term president instead of manager/director) of the plant responsible for 300 people, and about £300m pa of hazardous waste processing. Obviously the Indian guys below him are the ones really running the plant, but he'll be taking the credit.

That's Local privilege, and that's the grade of people who ultimately get to decision making level. Some are good, most are pretty bad.

Then you've the management layer below who'll be Indian (and they're the ones doing the work), they are easily sacked and subsequently scared to make decisions that may not please their paymaster (a power dynamic that brings out the worst in the Indian guys - they'd stab their mother in the back to get ahead)

Whole place is backwards. A nation run by lottery winners.