World Cup - Qatar 2022

G.E.C.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Think it would be a risk to take him tbh. Never played international or European football before. Some players just don't take to that level at all.

Think he should have been tried out before hand by Southgate in the Nations League or Quals though.

Was criminal having him in that last squad and not giving him any minutes 

As an England fan, this is one of the tournaments where I barely have much optimism and fully expect the banter to come our way when we likely underperform which leads to the possible sacking of Southgate! How he's left out some players and picked others who hardly get game time or haven't got any form is criminal. 

On 08/11/2022 at 09:37, G.E.C. said:

Australia squad

Goalkeepers: Mathew Ryan (FC Copenhagen), Andrew Redmayne (Sydney FC), Danny Vukovic (Central Coast Mariners) 

Defenders: Aziz Behich (Dundee United), Milos Degenek (Columbus Crew), Thomas Deng (Aibirex Niigata), Joel King (Odense Boldklub), Nathaniel Atkinson (Hearts), Fran Karacic (Brescia), Harry Souttar (Stoke City), Kye Rowles (Hearts), Craig Goodwin (Adelaide United)

Midfielders: Aaron Mooy (celtic), Jackson Irvine (St Pauli), Ajdin Hrustic (Hellas Verona), Bailey Wright (Sunderland), Cameron Devlin (Hearts), Riley McGree (Middlesbrough), Keanu Baccus (St Mirren)

Forwards: Awer Mabil (Cadiz), Mathew Leckie (Melbourne City), Martin Boyle (Hibernian), James Maclaren (Melbourne City), Jason Cummings (Central Coast Mariners), Mitchell Duke (Fagiano Okayama), Garang Kuol (Central Coast Mariners)

Australia have dropped off big time in the last 15-20 years. Compare this with their 2006 squad and it's night and day in terms of quality.

On 08/11/2022 at 11:56, psb07158 said:

Iran have a few players who, if they played for Rangers, would be our best players...

Jahanbaksh, Ghoddos, Azmoun and Taremi are all really good footballers

They've also got Carlos Quieroz back as manager. He'll make them incredibly hard to beat and with the quality you mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if they got through that group at all.

11 hours ago, Red White n Blue said:

As an England fan, this is one of the tournaments where I barely have much optimism and fully expect the banter to come our way when we likely underperform which leads to the possible sacking of Southgate! How he's left out some players and picked others who hardly get game time or haven't got any form is criminal. 

Southgate not calling up Ivan Toney was a mistake i think.

Not a fan of Southgate i think his time is coming to an end.

Do not support England in any tournament but they have a squad good enough to get to the final or win the world cup.

20 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Surprised he didn’t take Joe Gomez. Those CB options will see England out at the quarter finals if they’re lucky enough to get there. 

Rashford making it is mental. 

He’s gash. Wouldn’t get ahead of White, Stones or MaGuire.

18 hours ago, bluenoz said:

How the fuck did Harry McGuire make that team?

I don't expect England will do well at the WC but it's a chance for Bellingham & Gallagher to really show they belong on the world stage.

Because he’s been good and reliable for Southgate

17 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Don't think I've seen an uglier set of kits going into a WC or a Euros.

Used to love new strip and trackie time but that was about 2002 lol. Aww the fenians had the Sweden trackie and the prods France lol 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Had a light blue/white one, went on a school trip in p7 and me being the mongo I am wore it the day we were cycling :lol: absolutely ruined it

Always remember ma pal with a brand new Lacoste trackie, someone set fire to a pen on the grounds ink, he stood on it to put it out, it stuck to his trainer and on the back swing kick off to get rid t flew up and stuck to the back of his tracky n nearly set him on fire 

The most hilarious 30 seconds of yer life man