Wingers

hammer93

I am sick to death of saying it 

Can see why Beale didn't want to use any... wanted 10s let Borna and Tav take the space and cross. 

Every single one we have I would gladly see leave.

Get in the way and lose thw ball more that any other players. 

Give me any manager who doesn't want to play this bullshit system.

Considering for about 6 years our main play has involved crossing the ball it's weird that we've signed so many wide men who actually don't have a good crossing style.

Tav & Borna at their best have a decent crossing technique in terms of how they hit the ball but the wide men like Wright, Sakala, Matondo, Jones, Barker etc etc had no proper kicking technique at all.

Probably just shows that we sign players that don't fit how we actually play.

1 hour ago, molesmole said:

I am sick to death of saying it 

Can see why Beale didn't want to use any... wanted 10s let Borna and Tav take the space and cross. 

Every single one we have I would gladly see leave.

Get in the way and lose thw ball more that any other players. 

Give me any manager who doesn't want to play this bullshit system.

Beale didn't want to use any, yet gerrard signed or loaned fucking hunners of them

Club hasn't a clue what it wants lol

On 06/11/2022 at 15:50, Dan Deacon said:

Got a loan out and then undisclosed fee all over him 

You’d struggle to give him away. How long did we watch him before some cunt thought it was a good idea to sign him. 
Been some utter shite over the years in this team but he is one of the worst I’ve seen. 

On 06/11/2022 at 13:56, sassaaaa said:

Its pointless picking on any individual players , the squad are dross , our defence has been fuckin brutal for years.

The root is at the top of the club , thats where the cull should start.

"our defence has been fuckin brutal for years."

yeah especially the season we went undefeated

:craphead:

I think the whole idea with the two 10s was to occupy the defence which created space for our fullbacks to either run into space or have time to put in good crosses. It worked well for us. With our two wingers staying wide it leaves our striker very isolated and defences can have their fullbacks closing down our wingers easily.. Its unbelievable that we persist with it.. its simply not creating enough clear cut chances.

8 hours ago, johanvanhentze said:

I think the whole idea with the two 10s was to occupy the defence which created space for our fullbacks to either run into space or have time to put in good crosses. It worked well for us. With our two wingers staying wide it leaves our striker very isolated and defences can have their fullbacks closing down our wingers easily.. Its unbelievable that we persist with it.. its simply not creating enough clear cut chances.

I agree with this, but the easy way around this would be playing 2 dedicated AMFs so when we are attacking essentially giving us 2 extra central players centrally.

Still we can't be doing that as wee would still need 2 defensive mids in the team somehow

9 hours ago, johanvanhentze said:

Good point we don’t have the midfield to play with two out and out wingers out wide.