Currie club with mick beale on success at Rangers

KingKirk

It’s an interesting listen but it is actually pretty disrespectful when the replacement manager is still in post to suggest you could have done a better job than him. Especially when you have just been a guest of the club recently. It is undermining and poor from both sides.

Also an interesting part of the interview is at the beginning when he states Gerrard brought a lot of inspirational motivation while he had other roles. The notion that success came as they had unique roles that worked well together.  Suggests why both may have fared less well since they separated and counts against bringing him here too. Let’s remind ourselves that this success was 1 trophy out of nine. Of course we improved but it is hardly the domestic powerhouse we’ve been historically. 

There were some similarities to Souness and Smith. Smith was the real manager behind the scenes. Souness modernised us and was a massive inspirational name. Difference is that Smith bled Rangers and understood the class and qualities needed of a Rangers manager. This from Beale shows he doesn’t have that class and his performance with QPR as a rookie shows the jury is well and truly out on his management qualities. 

29 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Fucking wanker of a guy. 

What about the 9 trophies he didn’t help us win or that treble we chucked when we had an open run at it?

Get him to fuck, don’t even want him going to Ibrox to watch games as a fan.

He did mention of his disappointment of not winning more trophies in the interview to be fair.

18 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

It’s an interesting listen but it is actually pretty disrespectful when the replacement manager is still in post to suggest you could have done a better job than him. Especially when you have just been a guest of the club recently. It is undermining and poor from both sides.

Also an interesting part of the interview is at the beginning when he states Gerrard brought a lot of inspirational motivation while he had other roles. The notion that success came as they had unique roles that worked well together.  Suggests why both may have fared less well since they separated and counts against bringing him here too. Let’s remind ourselves that this success was 1 trophy out of nine. Of course we improved but it is hardly the domestic powerhouse we’ve been historically. 

There were some similarities to Souness and Smith. Smith was the real manager behind the scenes. Souness modernised us and was a massive inspirational name. Difference is that Smith bled Rangers and understood the class and qualities needed of a Rangers manager. This from Beale shows he doesn’t have that class and his performance with QPR as a rookie shows the jury is well and truly out on his management qualities. 

1 trophy from 9 isn't good enough for any management team at Rangers but it should be remembered that this was under circumstances that were anything but normal we were further behind celtic on and off the park and by that I mean quality on the park and finances off it than what we have ever been. Stopping them in their tracks was a great achievement particularly by winning it by a 25 point margin.

3 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

1 trophy from 9 isn't good enough for any management team at Rangers but it should be remembered that this was under circumstances that were anything but normal we were further behind celtic on and off the park and by that I mean quality on the park and finances off it than what we have ever been. Stopping them in their tracks was a great achievement particularly by winning it by a 25 point margin.

that argument only holds weight if that mob were the team that denied us on those occassions.

2018-19:

League Cup - Aberdeen at Hampden

Scottish Cup - Aberdeen at Ibrox

2019-20:

League Cup: them at Hampden

Scottist Cup: Hearts ar Tynecaste

2020-21:

League Cup: St Mirren away

Scottish Cup: St Johnstone at home

We only gave ourselves one opportunity to win a trophy in that run, just one, doesn't matter how far behind them we were when Gerrard arrived, we've always been miles ahead of the rest yet we haven't done anywhere near good enough in trying to win trophies.

Just now, NixonRFC said:

that argument only holds weight if that mob were the team that denied us on those occassions.

2018-19:

League Cup - Aberdeen at Hampden

Scottish Cup - Aberdeen at Ibrox

2019-20:

League Cup: them at Hampden

Scottist Cup: Hearts ar Tynecaste

2020-21:

League Cup: St Mirren away

Scottish Cup: St Johnstone at home

We only gave ourselves one opportunity to win a trophy in that run, just one, doesn't matter how far behind them we were when Gerrard arrived, we've always been miles ahead of the rest yet we haven't done anywhere near good enough in trying to win trophies.

As I said it wasn't good enough but I think Beale alluded to this in the interview where he states we were short in quality within the squad to play in Europe, challenge in the league and go for the cups. He states himself that he was disappointed not to win more trophies. 

29 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

1 hour ago, Kylegib said:

As I said it wasn't good enough but I think Beale alluded to this in the interview where he states we were short in quality within the squad to play in Europe, challenge in the league and go for the cups. He states himself that he was disappointed not to win more trophies. 

we weren't short on quality in 2020-21, St Mirren and St Johnstone knocked us out of the cups.

infact by the time St Johnstone knocked us out (at Ibrox) the league had been won 7 weeks earlier, we'd played our last European game a month earlier, they prioritised going undefeated in a comp they'd already won over a tournament they should've blitzed.

Beale is coming across as a blowhard and someone who's up his own arse.

5 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

we weren't short on quality in 2020-21, St Mirren and St Johnstone knocked us out of the cups.

infact by the time St Johnstone knocked us out (at Ibrox) the league had been won 7 weeks earlier, we'd played our last European game a month earlier, they prioritised going undefeated in a comp they'd already won over a tournament they should've blitzed.

Beale is coming across as a blowhard and someone who's up his own arse.

I don't want Beale as manager and thought it unprofessional of him to state they'd definitely have won the league particularly when Gio is still in position. I really can't be bothered going round in circles regarding the cup record as I've continually argued the point for days on end, I will say though I'm very glad we won the 1 trophy we did win.

2 hours ago, Kylegib said:

You are a fucking moon unit. :lol: Hard not to admire the commitment tbh.  

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

You are a fucking moon unit. :lol: Hard not to admire to commitment tbh.  

You should maybe watch the interview and make up your own mind to what he said. I thought Beale spoke well of the club,explained about criticisms and disappointments on trophies and spoke of his own vision. I still don't want him as manager but he went in to a fair bit of depth in the interview. 

Weird thing is I was on holiday couple of weeks ago and a group from Plymouth was talking to me about MB and some of them knew him from there sons playing football with MB when the boys were younger the group knew him well. The guy I was talking to showed me a pic of him and MB meeting the pope, so fucking strange. Hope this is not a sign we've got MB as next manager :ang:

Listened to the full hour long interview when at the gym earlier.

He spoke really well. Clearly loves the club and I think it's mental that anyone wouldn't see that as a positive.

That said, the timing is so wrong. I'm assuming this was made a few weeks if not couple of months back.

If this was an interview a couple of years down the line post Gio there's not much wrong with it, but its a huge lack of awareness from Beale and a degree of arrogance to come out with some of the things he's said when Gio's still in the job.

31 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

Weird thing is I was on holiday couple of weeks ago and a group from Plymouth was talking to me about MB and some of them knew him from there sons playing football with MB when the boys were younger the group knew him well. The guy I was talking to showed me a pic of him and MB meeting the pope, so fucking strange. Hope this is not a sign we've got MB as next manager :ang:

Nowhere near as strange as this post.