Welcome Back to Rangers, Michael Beale!

8 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I’m taking it as Cantwell, Hagi, Lawrence and Matondo for the inside forward positions.  My list is just the top priority imo…. If it was up to me then everyone would get punted 

Hagi and Lawrence I see their best postions in the middle of the park. Cantwell was quoted as saying Beale sees him in that role aswell, think you will see him on the wing if theres injuries. Matondo isn't going to cut it with us and I'd take anything to get him off the wage bill

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

All about desire.

How many of them would put their body on line to stop a goal.

I don’t want to praise Fat Ange but you look at our side and you immediately know that if he was managing it he would have chased about half the team years ago because the bare minimum he asks for is effort, workrate and energy. We have far too many players who are beat and tidy on the ball but don’t really achieve the square root of fuck all with it because there’s no zip or directness about any of it.

5 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

We need a barry ferguson, fact. Died in wool bluenose leading the team.

Parody is yer only word ya tool. You and your parody clique.

:lol: We get it mate, you’re uber staunch. You throw the green Fruit Pastilles away and never order Eggs Benedict. You’ve got the whole back garden slabbed so you don’t need to have green grass. 

32 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t want to praise Fat Ange but you look at our side and you immediately know that if he was managing it he would have chased about half the team years ago because the bare minimum he asks for is effort, workrate and energy. We have far too many players who are beat and tidy on the ball but don’t really achieve the square root of fuck all with it because there’s no zip or directness about any of it.

Agree mate.

We’re a nice team.

I want a team of ruthless bastards

The more I listen to Beale the more I think he just talks a good game but is failing to deliver overall. 

he went on about taking the handbrake off … when’s that going to start.

There’s no real change in our play , our players don’t really press and are lazy and we pass the ball about most of the time and keep possession for the sake of it before trying a long diagonal ball. 

you can’t fault the results but this isn’t what we were promised when he arrived 

On 27/02/2023 at 00:52, The FF Snitch said:

Those were just a few examples, the vast majority of the team (bar McGregor probably) were poor and while Raskin and to a lesser extent Cantwell not starting were bad errors by Beale, it’s also difficult to blame him for things like our defence completely falling asleep for both goals and Sakala missing an open net.

Beale and the players fucked up - the difference is Beale will almost certainly be here after the summer, hopefully several of these players won’t be.

The real problem is that Beale didn't change things when it was obvious change was needed.   Team and tactics were wrong.   As for Sakala missing a sitter, I'd have been more surprised if he'd scored.  

I felt we needed to change it at half time, if it was me I would have done. But I wouldn't put too much stock in what Beale has said there. 

He still has to try and get a tune out the squad to win the Scottish cup. He's not likely to come out and slaughter them. 

Managers often give guys a chance to turn it around after an abysmal first half. It worked in the january old firm, don't think he made changes there did he? 

If anything, the response from the players he showed faith in will have told him all he needs to know - he's just not likely coming out and saying that while he still has to get the best out of them for another cup.

I think he just put too much emphasis on the first Ibrox game where our best period was at the start of the second half. But that game was very different. It was at home etc. 

The whole flow of the game spoke to needing a change. The best time to make subs should have been after about 35 minutes where our midfield wasn’t getting as close and we were beginning to drop runners.

I can see what he was thinking second half. Midfield had a rest so get 10-15 minutes out of them. Then change things and have fresh legs for the remaining 30 and extra time and that should be the period where we dominate. But it was pretty clear we weren’t able to get on the front foot.

He read it badly wrong. We were so far behind with possession.  

57 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

1-0 down, playing shite and he’s more worried about throwing players under the bus.:confused:

Absolutely weak as piss.

That's fucking shocking from the manager there,if he doesn't change things then who's supposes to?Is he saying those players were gonna come good in the 2nd half?

Mental!

He didn't look conformable in that press conference. I think the reaction has been a bit much to one defeat, as beale says who outside of Rangers would of made us favourites? Not many, and even playing shite we only lost by a goal we have had a 4 nil to them early this season.

I didn't want him as manager for various reasons but he's here now. He took over a mess but has matched a celtic team in the form of their lives in the league. We can still win the Scottish cup, I think the dismissing of our chances by so many on here is very ironic with all the losers mentality comments going about.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

He didn't look conformable in that press conference. I think the reaction has been a bit much to one defeat, as beale says who outside of Rangers would of made us favourites? Not many, and even playing shite we only lost by a goal we have had a 4 nil to them early this season.

I didn't want him as manager for various reasons but he's here now. He took over a mess but has matched a celtic team in the form of their lives in the league. We can still win the Scottish cup, I think the dismissing of our chances by so many on here is very ironic with all the losers mentality comments going about.

Gees peace man :lol: 

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

You have faith in your men, then they let you down again in the second half so you then realise that you should have changed it? 

Pretty much.

He needs to learn he can’t trust the majority of these wasters and get them binned in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, CR3 said:

You have faith in your men, then they let you down again in the second half and realise that you should have changed it.

That statement by Beale was slightly worrying tbh. There's having faith in the players and knowing when to change it when things clearly aren't working. 

3 hours ago, cascadeshrimp said:

That's fucking shocking from the manager there,if he doesn't change things then who's supposes to?Is he saying those players were gonna come good in the 2nd half?

Mental!

Think it was heart and hand that touched on the fact that 2 out the 3 midfielders where struggling to even make the game due to fitness/injury, they won't get any better the longer the game goes on if they are already blowing out there arse after 10 minutes.

On 28/02/2023 at 20:53, skinnymate1690 said:

The more I listen to Beale the more I think he just talks a good game but is failing to deliver overall. 

he went on about taking the handbrake off … when’s that going to start.

There’s no real change in our play , our players don’t really press and are lazy and we pass the ball about most of the time and keep possession for the sake of it before trying a long diagonal ball. 

you can’t fault the results but this isn’t what we were promised when he arrived 

Agree entirely. Prattling on about how he wants to bring in four players who'll make a difference straight in the team,yet the two HE signed he shat it and left them on the bench because we were playing the Real Madrid of Scotland. It's becoming clear Beale is all talk. Little substance.