Kent

Number5

2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Neither should start, the fact we wasted 7 million on a left sided Daniel Candeias is the thing that is worrying.

We signed Scott Wright for nothing yet he gets dogs abuse while Kent goes largely unscathed.

That’s because Scott Wright is pish! 😂

9 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Not nonsense at all. What do you mean they aren’t putting the same crosses in? That’s nonsense.

Who are they putting crosses into though? We have no one that can header a ball. This playing it out to Tav and Barisic is a waste of time! 

What we had with Tom Lawrence was a guy that changed our play, wee one twos in and about the box. His injury was a massive hit to us. 

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Who are they putting crosses into though? We have no one that can header a ball. This playing it out to Tav and Barisic is a waste of time! 

What we had with Tom Lawrence was a guy that changed our play, wee one twos in and about the box. His injury was a massive hit to us. 

That was my point. It’s the same balls that Morelos would attack or make a move for. Now he’s just a lump of shite 

6 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

That was my point. It’s the same balls that Morelos would attack or make a move for. Now he’s just a lump of shite 

I wouldn't say he's a lump of shite mate. If you're going on that it says fuck all for our other fwds that are, one, either injured (made of straw), or bar a purple patch offer absolutely fuck all! 

47 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I can’t defend his stats but I honestly believe that if you put better players around him you’d see more from him. He’s our most talented player by a country mile. Put up with a striker that can run and you’d see a difference. When he’s not there next season and Scott Wright is playing every week you’ll be able to tell me I told you so 😬

I reckon 1/3 of the money we give to Kent could provide the same contribution tbh. 

A massive let down for the fee we paid. 

7 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Tillman as a 10 is a good player, Tillman as an 8 is not.

If we're going to play him as an 8, we shouldn't sign him.

Tbf I don't think he was deployed as an 8 today, just that lundstram and kamara were so shit he he to become an 8 to try get involved somehow

6 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Why we persist on having our fullbacks so high up the park is beyond me

Its not been consistently successful, 

I said it years ago, we ask our fullbacks to become wingers, our wingers to become centre mids and our centre mids to become fullbacks, why? 

Use the fullbacks as support for the actual wingers, they can press up but only in support, have our centre mids stay in the middle where they actually can play and use our wingers to attack the fullbacks and open up holes in the opposing lines

At ibrox against the jobber teams we should be a 4132 system, or at least a 4141, back 4 stays relatively in line with each other, one mid to cover opposing runners and to link our centre halves to the front lines, 2 wingers to go wide and create space and either one or two number tens in the middle to go along with the one or two strikers

Keeper

Tav, goldson, davies, barisic

Raskin

Sakala, tillman, cantwell, kent

Colak

Colak under no circumstances drops deep, he sits on the last man constantly and links with both tillman and cantwell if need be, but in theory he simple bides his time till we make it up to the box 

Or you drop cantwell or tillman and play morelos with colak and morelos is the link between colak and the midfield

Sakala and Kent out wide with support from the fullbacks, either take on the fullback and get in behind or sit on the fullbacks and get balls played in behind to chase, either way once the fullbacks are out the equation it drags the centre hapves out of position freeing up space in the box for either our strikers or the late midfield runs

His 3 “attempts” at goal were absolutely laughable. The two he ballooned out the park in the first half were tragic. 

It says a lot about our entire forward line that when he hit the post, I didn’t even expect it to go in when he took the shot on anyway. Same with the Sakala follow up, no faith in our forwards to score from outside the box, inside the box or a 1v1. They’re absolutely woeful 

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why we persist on having our fullbacks so high up the park is beyond me

Its not been consistently successful, 

I said it years ago, we ask our fullbacks to become wingers, our wingers to become centre mids and our centre mids to become fullbacks, why? 

Use the fullbacks as support for the actual wingers, they can press up but only in support, have our centre mids stay in the middle where they actually can play and use our wingers to attack the fullbacks and open up holes in the opposing lines

At ibrox against the jobber teams we should be a 4132 system, or at least a 4141, back 4 stays relatively in line with each other, one mid to cover opposing runners and to link our centre halves to the front lines, 2 wingers to go wide and create space and either one or two number tens in the middle to go along with the one or two strikers

Keeper

Tav, goldson, davies, barisic

Raskin

Sakala, tillman, cantwell, kent

Colak

Colak under no circumstances drops deep, he sits on the last man constantly and links with both tillman and cantwell if need be, but in theory he simple bides his time till we make it up to the box 

Or you drop cantwell or tillman and play morelos with colak and morelos is the link between colak and the midfield

Sakala and Kent out wide with support from the fullbacks, either take on the fullback and get in behind or sit on the fullbacks and get balls played in behind to chase, either way once the fullbacks are out the equation it drags the centre hapves out of position freeing up space in the box for either our strikers or the late midfield runs

A lot of the successful teams domestically where you have to break down teams play with inverted full backs. Liverpools best season Trent and Robertson topped their assists. Taylor set up their goal yesterday.

The thing they have which we don’t is a high press. Which we’re going to struggle to change until we get a new keeper and ideally an athletic CB. We also don’t have a fast striker who plays on the shoulder of defences. And obv the general age and fitness of the squad