Kent

Number5

4 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

His shootings improved which is good as has his all round play. I would give him a new contract as I don't trust Wilson to identify a better player 

I don’t think his shooting has improved all that much. I realise that seems a strange thing to say after his goal last night and against celtic, but I still think his shot power is mostly terrible. His accuracy is a bit better. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think his shooting has improved all that much. I realise that seems a strange thing to say after his goal last night and against celtic, but I still think his shot power is mostly terrible. His accuracy is a bit better. 

Fair comment. I guess he must practice/prefer placing it rather than putting a lot of power behind the shot. You either end up with players blasting it over the bar or straight at the keeper or players taking weak shots not placed well. I guess not many players can execute both at the same time most of the time and those players are at the top clubs. Think we will struggle to identify a player who can do that most of the time that's in budget. Would give anything to have an albertz in the team right now! 

I'm just not seeing it with him his short passing into spaces is horrendous even on a decent.pitch ,still making infield runs into two and three players that doesn't come off and when it does the deflection is luck more than going clean through.

He never uses the outside option even one step inside and drag it wide cancels out the two or three waiting to close him down or utilise a spare Rangers jersey in or around the same area when the pass is still on.

Yet Scott Wright uses it to good effect and is generally considered not as skillful ,overall it's a part of our team that's criminally underused and would result.in in us retaining.possesion and free up areas that these cunts want to flood to nullify us but they've been coached to run into areas that are already flooded and or pass it back which ultimately leads to even more time for them to get back behind the ball.

We make it easy for them rather than dragging the cunts out of position to make.our chances.

Really don't think I'd miss him if he leaves in all honesty the buck stops with the manager team at the end of the day on keeping thee players competitive within a game plan.

As a team we hit some amount of shots over the bar. We seemed to have a power over everything else policy under Gio. Noticed in the old firm when you watch both sides warm up and take shots from the edge of the box. giakoumakis was the only one for them who fired it over. They’ve been told to drill everything low. Whilst just about everyone of our players blazed one over. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

Took my Grandaughter to her first game yesterday. Aged 7, she loved it and after the game, she wanted to see if she could get some autographs. Not knowing the 'rules', I walked round to the car park behing the Copland Road stand where there were loads of people queueing in a somewhat disorganised bunch in the freezing cold. Player after player came out and drove off without so much as a wave. Eventually, one or two stopped and signed the first thing that was thrust before their face and then made their escape. Kent came out....and to his credit, he signed every bit of anything that was put before him (i think we were next to last and the queue was long) and posed for absolutely loads of pictures/selfies through his car window. He didn't leave a single fan disappointed. Sometimes, it's not what happens on the pitch that makes a lasting impression. My Grandaughter is still buzzing and can't wait to go to her next game. Well done young man!

That’s a shocker from the players who just ignored yous.

Well done to RK though 👍

Ideally all players would at least do something but at a minimum I feel they should have a few designated players after each game to go out and sign stuff.

I remember after my first Rangers game we left the stadium pretty late and Amoruso was talking to someone he knew out his car window with no one else around. We waited a bit but eventually left as to not bother him. 2 minutes later he comes driving up behind us and asks if we wanted something signed. 

Small things make a big difference.

23 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Ideally all players would at least do something but at a minimum I feel they should have a few designated players after each game to go out and sign stuff.

I remember after my first Rangers game we left the stadium pretty late and Amoruso was talking to someone he knew out his car window with no one else around. We waited a bit but eventually left as to not bother him. 2 minutes later he comes driving up behind us and asks if we wanted something signed. 

Small things make a big difference.

Have you seen the spurs documentary on amazon, they have a community programme where different players are chosen every week or something like that to take part on various projects around the stadium and the area, like players going to special needs schools or helping food bank charities etc transport their food

Would love to see us doing something like that if we dont already, doing stuff in and around govan for the locals etc

• 3 weeks later...

Felt he was the only one that had the balls to take the ball and try and do something in the first half. The rest of them couldn’t get rid of it quick enough. They quickly doubled up on him though and pushed us down the right because they knew Sakala is very limited.

Kent's shooting has become embarrassing. I see no signs of improvement. In fact, it's getting worse!

One of the first things I ever learned was get your head over the ball and put the laces through it. Why coaches can teach those basics in him is beyond me.

He was atrocious. Constantly pushed off the ball by not being strong enough.  And lies there looking for a foul he’s never getting. He Goes backwards across a player exposing himself to the challenge rather than turn up pitch and get his body in front of marker. Didn’t create anything and again this doubling up rubbish we hear. If that’s true, he hasn’t learnt in 4 or 5 years to move ball on when that happens. Cuts inside when  he should go outside, or out in when he should go in. . He has some skills but doesn’t have the Brains to go with it.  His decision making has always been poor. He was like a wee boy lost again today for much of game. Had two shots into row Z as per usual As his shooting  is still awful. Another that need moved on. 

33 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

He was atrocious. Constantly pushed off the ball by not being strong enough.  And lies there looking for a foul he’s never getting. He Goes backwards across a player exposing himself to the challenge rather than turn up pitch and get his body in front of marker. Didn’t create anything and again this doubling up rubbish we hear. If that’s true, he hasn’t learnt in 4 or 5 years to move ball on when that happens. Cuts inside when  he should go outside, or out in when he should go in. . He has some skills but doesn’t have the Brains to go with it.  His decision making has always been poor. He was like a wee boy lost again today for much of game. Had two shots into row Z as per usual As his shooting  is still awful. Another that need moved on. 

Absolute nonsense. He’s not the one that needs pulled up for his performance. At least 5 others that went into hiding. Going by your logic Tillman shouldn’t play for us again.