*****The official Dundee Utd v Rangers thread*****

Madina

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I find it funny that in the 2000-01 season Steve Simonsen, Thomas Myhre, Alec Cleland, Richard Gough, David Weir, Michael Ball, Paul Gascoigne, Francis Jeffers and Duncan Ferguson were all in the same Everton squad together. 

Steven Gerrard's cousin Anthony was in the reserves as well.

Seen him talking about how good Rooney was on a podcast recently, completely forgot he existed :lol: 

3 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

I think we will go there and win. There are positives to take from the old firm draw and also the 4 wins in a row leading up to that game. We are improving under Beale slowly but surely. 0-2 Rangers.

All we can do, just need to keep improving and pick up as many points as possible. Still a long way to go we were 6 points ahead this time last year. Ignore their results good or bad till we play them.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Seen him talking about how good Rooney was on a podcast recently, completely forgot he existed :lol: 

First I ever heard of him was listening to BBC for the Merseyside Derby. Would have been about 2004 or 2005 and he was named on the bench. Really random memory. Can't even remember him playing a game for Everton. 

I seen him on Under the Cosh a couple of years back, it was a good interview.

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

First I ever heard of him was listening to BBC for the Merseyside Derby. Would have been about 2004 or 2005 and he was named on the bench. Really random memory. Can't even remember him playing a game for Everton. 

I seen him on Under the Cosh a couple of years back, it was a good interview.

Think he missed a penalty against Liverpool for Cardiff in the final.

Need to watch more of their interviews, some class ones on there

20 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We also need to start winning against them more often too. I think we've only won once in our last five games at Tannadice?

2021-22 Lost 1-0 & Drew 1-1
2020-21 Won 2-1
2012-13 Lost 3-0
2011-12 Lost 2-1

I think it took Smith about 3-4 attempts to finally win there in his second spell.

The 3-3 draw in 2008 was a mental game.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Did we not have a grim record without a win there from the 04/05 season until we won the league? 

Aye we struggled a lot between 2004/2009.

Drew 3 games in a row under Eck and big Klos nearly scored an equaliser (came off Namouchi) to save us at the death.